It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be our first confirming evidence?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
Wait till you find out the biggest secret Mr. Creationist. "The truth is, there is no truth"

Got questions? See Buddha

no one can say with any certainty what the truth is only your own personal truth's. the bitterness in your reply is, i'm sure, the fact that you have nothing to look forward to. i hope buddha can reassure you in your time of need. good luck.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

"The truth is, there is no truth"

Oh, is that the truth?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How about the possibility some person would establish communications with an ET by using parts of the brain in a way unknown yet, who receives a kind of training and then teaches others how to do the same and every individual finds out for themselves. There would be a growing group of people claiming they are in contact with some otherworldy civilization, but without any physical evidence, except for a few braincells containing the memories of real contact which can't be shown or shared ofcourse but can't be denied by the experiencer.

Now I don't have the urge to tell people the good news nor am I in the right circumstances (as in I don't have millions to spend on centers where people could be taught) but if I can do things which would amaze others I'm sure others will too or already have and it's just a matter of time until we see the first people who would want and succeed in teaching others.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

"The truth is, there is no truth"

Oh, is that the truth?

Yes indeed.. And if you think about it. I think you would come to the same conclusion. Any one person can see something and believe it to be whatever their conclusion comes too. Another person can look at the same thing and believe it to be another. To both of them it's the truth as they see it. And since there's no absolute power over us dictatting what the actual truth is, then it's left to open interpretation from the observer. One truth is no more the truth than the other. That goes for belief systems, scientific theories and just about everything that has been proven.

In an infinite multi-verse, there is no one truth to anything.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis

Wait till you find out the biggest secret Mr. Creationist. "The truth is, there is no truth"

Got questions? See Buddha

no one can say with any certainty what the truth is only your own personal truth's. the bitterness in your reply is, i'm sure, the fact that you have nothing to look forward to. i hope buddha can reassure you in your time of need. good luck.

Interesting observation.

However, I don't think that that all is hopeless, or lost. I have many things to look forward too. I have a birth of a daughter coming in January for example. I look forward to it. It doesn't mean that her inevitable demise is something I focus on. Quite the contrary, In fact it helps me to better appreciate her right now.

edit on 12/2/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I believe the 1952 Washington DC UFO incident is confirming evidence. I think it's plainly obvious.

Others can say what they think of it but it is very bizarre and difficult to try to explain or understand that's for sure.

It would be interesting to see the reaction such an incident would have if it happened today. No doubt it would be all over the TV 24/7.

cosmictribune.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Its a contradiction to say "there is no truth", because that statement is a truth. I was just bouncing off what you said.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Thanks for the links to that story. The comments section below the article was revealing...

“The object vanished in all three radar centers at the same time (Ruppelt, p. 160). At 3 a.m., shortly before two jet fighters from Newcastle AFB in Delaware arrived over Washington, all of the objects vanished from the radar at National Airport. However, when the jets ran low on fuel and left, the objects returned, which convinced Barnes that "the UFOs were monitoring radio traffic and behaving accordingly" (Clark, 656).”

I think I read a book on that encounter. From my modern perspective, I asked the question, why the sudden appearance over Washington? Why the reveal on radar and to fighter pilots and the press... on two different days?

1952. Roswell occurred in 1947. What if the UFO marines came back for their buddies (see "Blackhawk Down"). NO man left behind kind of thing. What if the missing ship and crew captured at Roswell became overdue and a rescue party was sent "in force" to buzz Washington and demand the return of the comrades and material from the "crash" (shoot down)? It might take some time for the Roswell UFO to be declared overdue, some more time to launch a rescue and travel here from ... wherever. Then they buzz the DC area and maker it clear they aren't leaving without them. It takes some time for the message to sink in (they put on an air show twice over the DC area).

The threat being that if you don't return our buddies forthwith, we will take them back and reveal ourselves to all your people and then you will regret it because your paradigm of authority and religion will be destroyed and you will have a big rebellion on your hands... so now wouldn't you rather just return our people and property?

Then we'll leave and you can go back to your world. What do you say?

Apparently it worked because they left and its been covered up ever since.

Just speculating.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What will be our first confirming evidence?

I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to this question. After years of study (and waiting), and lurking (and sometimes posting) on sites like ATS, I'll throw my hat into the ring and take shot at it:

Our first confirming evidence will come in the form of a universally acknowledged and completely inescapable telepathic communication in the language and manner most comfortable and natural to each person.

The ET visitors will do it this way for a number of reasons...
1. So that there is no ambiguity, doubt, or confusion in anyone's mind as to its authenticity.
2. To minimize the panic, anxiety, and potential for conflict through exposure to only select individuals.
3. As a means toward initiating instantaneous, simultaneous global contact with all of humanity at once.
4. For the purposes of avoiding risk or unintended consequences as may occur via physical contact.
5. In order to establish and retain control of the dissemination process from the outset.
6. As an initiating springboard that will segue toward developing relations to follow.
7. To demonstrate all-inclusive participation and empathy in light of world-wide apprehension toward TPTB.

Of course, I may be all wrong, and instead a giant ship will land on the proverbial White House lawn. But I doubt that scenario the most. Maybe some kind of hybrid among these hypotheses is what will actually transpire. Truthfully, I'd be happy with almost any confirmation (with the exception. perhaps, of a massive reptilian race looking for some pudgy warm-bloods as an easy meal-ticket...)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
im going to go with an ancient signal, since its data at light speed, while the chances are they the alien race that emitted the light speed radio signal a very very long time ago and will all likely be dust by the time we could go there (assuming we invent faster than light travel/wormholes), just due to the sheer time/range it can cover im thinking its the most likely answer.

While micro life could be in our solar system, i would think that with the leaps and bounds coming from better telescopes and dishes, we may find a signal thats always been there, just too weak to detect. That technology is moving faster than our probes and covers a MASSIVE range.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Such reminds of the Alien species portrayed in the Larry Niven Known Space collection called the Thrint

In the series, the Thrint ruled the galaxy some 2 Billion years ago.
Their effective IQ was around 80-90, but, their advantage lay in the ability to telepathically control a few dozen sentient beings at a time regardless of intelligence. Intelligence was zero protection against telepathic control.
They were morons, but, they didn't need to be any kind of smart when they could control much more intelligent species.

The Thint came into space travel when an unknown alien species landed on their home planet, where they were enslaved through telepathic command, and in turn the entire civilization through force of the Thrint telepathic mind control, and it domino'd to other species from there.

The Thrint caused their own extinction and the extinction of every species in the galaxy by using an extremely powerful telepathic amplifier to send out a single command of "Die" in response to a genocide campaign against them by one of their smarter slave species who'd managed to find ways to resist control.
Yeah, Thrint were that smart. "Die" oops.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Its a contradiction to say "there is no truth", because that statement is a truth. I was just bouncing off what you said.

Yeah bud, I get it

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Will we get it no-holds barred, in our faces, flying saucers in the sky, aliens everywhere for whatever purpose?

Like show up on a major holiday and put on an air show? Maybe show up at OshKosh and interrupt the Blue Angels? Then put on a horizon to horizon and space show (in formation) that nobody can dispute?

I hope I'm there.

Either that or everyone gets to know the Ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything...

when we die.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I have many things to look forward too. I have a birth of a daughter coming in January for example. I look forward to it. It doesn't mean that her inevitable demise is something I focus on. Quite the contrary, In fact it helps me to better appreciate her right now.

i am sincerely happy for you about you expecting a new life, a daughter, because i have daughters and i couldn't think of anything better than the love from "daddy's girl" and i can see that you focusing on her life is giving you something to look forward to but my reply wasn't meant to be derogatory in any way. i am a Christian but never, ever push my beliefs on anyone i simply wait for the topic to come up then i speak my piece in the hope that at the very least it'll make someone think about it, in fact i absolutely hate those who tell you.. "Christianity Is Your Only Salvation" we all should take in any and all information we can then decide for ourselves because at the end of the day it's that decision that stays with us so why would anyone trust your eternal lives with someone else's ideas and beliefs. anyway.. good luck with your new daughter, if she's your first this will be the absolute best feeling you'll ever have.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Another scenario that's been explored to some extent in literature and cinema as well as learned circles tossing what-ifs about is the Seed Ship, or Embryonic Colonization scenario.

It's similar to Panspermia, but, instead of a comet, or some other dumb rock and chance delivering the spark of life to some cozy little space to grow and evolve, a Seed Ship is purpose designed, filled with embryos, DNA soup, Raw materials and a software catalog to assemble them into lifeform X or some other mechanism for the intentional injection of already evolved life from somewhere else into a suitable surrogate new home environment to colonize.

A seed ship could be a precursor to whoever designed and built it showing up at a later planned time when the seed ship is projected to have suitably decorated a target system with all the flora, fauna, and whatever else from home was sent to make it homey.

Such a seed ship could be AI driven to exterminate competing signs of life found, or simply dumb programming on par with our own level of software sophistication to simply pick out suitable climates and habitats to drop little bombs of DNA, seeds, nymphs, cocoons, spores, eggs, and all the other stuff progressively on up to high life forms equivalent to cattle, deer, dogs, tigers, birds, snakes, etc to fill every habitable niche they're evolved to take advantage of.

Such a situation we might not even know it's happening until little by little we start noticing strange new things, animals, plants, whatever gradually taking hold, competing with, taking advantage of, parasitizing our terrestrial life.

It'd be a whole new difficulty level in the game of Darwin with us, and for everything else.

A movie titled Monsters from 2010 depicted a slightly similar scenario where we're invaded by giant dumb alien animals. I recommend the watching of it if you've not seen it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

A fairly recent movie that explores this theme is the year 2000 move, "Mission to Mars", which depicts the idea that earth might have been seeded with DNA from a dying Mars civilization using a spaceship. See the movie ending...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

That was a fun movie. Hard to believe it came out over 12 years ago.
Thank you for the additional example of a seed ship.

That's probably a more familiar movie than the one I named as far as the concept goes, though there's some differences where Mission to Mars takes something along the ancient aliens approach, while Monsters is a little more enigmatic, set present day, getting invaded by big alien animals(?) recently before start of film.

The 2001 series had a nod of an implication in the direction of a seed ship though it was vague and properly ambiguous such that I'm probably misinterpreting the portrayal of contact with an altruistic-intent Von Neumann Probe.

Of note, Von Neumann probes can take on a variety of incarnations such as hegemonizing swarms, beserkers,
auto expansive distributed AI, and even seed ships where the 2 former are typically bad news, and the 2 latter come to a matter of perspective, perceived/actual intent, and/or outcome.

... and that's my nerd points out for the day. I've read way too much Science Fiction.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm going for microbial life.
First, we are looking hard for it. And there are huge amounts of it on Earth, living in harsh environment, so it's logical to think it would also be the most numerous type of life elsewhere (I mean : microscopic life).
Our current and not too far future technology will allow us to detect microbial life easier and easier.
Of course, same apply to sentient aliens communications I guess (we would be more and more able to detect them) ...but there would be far less of them than microbes.
Plus, I love it when things come slow :-) You know, just like Christmas: you first see evidence of it with all those toys ads...then there are street decorations and you know it's near...then it's Chrismas eve! And finally, you have drink (or a photo, depending on your age) with Santa himself :-) That would spoil eveything if Santa would come along with his red nose and some gifts straight away, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by MegaCurious
There will not be any "first confirming evidence".
You don't even remotely know what you're talking about. Of course there are "aliens" and all that. I mean, we're here, right??
As far as that "first confirming evidence" that you want... if we're talking space aliens that can reach "here", then for starters they would have to give us the "evidence" intentionally. But even then, there's extremely serious problems since there really is no evidence that would prove anything. There's countless videos and abductee stories, and bla bla bla, but what is this so called "first confirming evidence" that would "confirm" something for you?? If you don't even know what it is, then it probably doesn't exist.
This means that there wasn't any "first confirming evidence" in the first place, and that you were just playing us all along so that you could "find out" that there's no aliens and then proclaim this and become a so-called skeptic that gives the rest of the folks a hard time on the internet.
Don't even get me started...

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.
If you look at my posting history you'll see that I'm already a very hard skeptic.

The stance of this OP, if I'm reading you correctly is that we currently have (officially) ZERO unambiguous confirmation of any life, even microscopic life, anywhere else other than Earth, and only Earth.

Thus, any official finding of any life, or unambiguous no interpretation needed evidence of artifice enacted by life found anywhere would be considered First Confirming Evidence.

Abandoned domed cities on the far side of the moon? Well, we haven't seen it before, so, I think something like that would qualify as a first in the public eye. Spaceships filling our skies with aliens everywhere? We have never seen that either, so, that too would be a first. Confirmation on the Mars meteorite for fossilized life was too debatable, so, if for any reason there's even the barest speck of a germ, bacteria, mold, or anything found on Mars, or anywhere else we go exploring, then, that too would be first confirming evidence.

Certainly there's "evidence" all over youtube and other places, some reports described and discussed in detail here on ATS even, but, it's all circumstantial, and/or of questionable authenticity ... all still up to debate.

I'm talking official First Confirmation of life elsewhere, regardless of whether that life is just a germ, or if that life can engineer, build and fly starships.

Right now, we've got Zero on the score card.
What will that first goal look like?

DRU you wouldnt believe it if one knocked on your door

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join