It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: women are the secret oglers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222

Originally posted by hotel1

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by hotel1

Based on what you posted I do not see how you can interperet my reply as an attempt to twist your words.

two words: woman logic.

The female's sexual rationalisation hamster spins endlessly in its wheel, but it always arrives at the same conclusion; female sexuality is always saintly, mens is always always wrong.

But, they are the ones that have to spend 9 months incubating some dude's DNA. Apart from all the social and ethical aspects of child rearing being the responsibility of both the man and the woman, biologically the female bears much more responsibility (most would say) and therefore should have greater sexual authority.

Maybe...

The point you raise is significant in that it bears out the fact the womens window of fertility is considerably more limited than mens. An understanding of this biological truth goes a long way to explaining much of what takes place in the sexual market place.
edit on 30-11-2012 by hotel1 because: s removed

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hmm, so let me see if I've got this:

If a guy checks out a woman and she does not find him attractive, it's creepy.

If a guy checks out a woman and she thinks him a stud, she adjusts her hair.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hey, I want to know what I'm getting. lol
We can all tell whether we're sexually attracted to someone by looking, and I want a full perspective.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by violet
I did say when men do it, its creepy .

I'll remember to never look a girl in the eyes again, thank you.

If that's all it takes to lower your confidence then I can't help you with that.
I explained what the creepy remark meant or might not have meant.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Just the last line!
This is a second line

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I second that!

Very funny, haha.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That is about all you need to understand.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yup, it most definitely is because of sexual competition. Women are pitted against each other as rivals for the affections of males from an early age, and the cuter girls always win.

All womens' magazines have mostly pictures of beautiful women, that we are supposed to aspire to be like. Not a whole lot of beefcake in these magazines, it's all female flesh. We're conditioned to look, to compare, and to feel threatened.

It's sad, really.

We're not looking just to look, we're looking for purposes of comparison and potential threat level. Yeah, I said it. We women consider anybody prettier than us to be a threat, because we assume that all men only care about how hot a woman looks.

Based on the majority of posting on ATS from males concerning women and their looks, our assumtion appears to be correct.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now here's the interesting thing, only slightly off topic. It only takes half a second to know, from any angle, and that still accounts for different tastes. Accept/reject: one half second.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Women are checking out other women on the basis of assessing cultural norms, if they think what someone is wearing or doing looks good, if it'd suit them, what they like or don't like about it, if it is different if it is an "acceptable" or even a "desirable" difference to imitate.

Quite a bit of social and cultural dynamics are driven by women. Women noted each other is one way that they keep tabs on the changing norms and assess how to accept or reject them.

Very little of it is sexually driven - not none, but not as much as you'd think. And quite a bit of it doesn't really have much to do with men. Though assessing changes in what looks good or doesn't does give some excellent feedback on how to imitate (or not imitate) another woman who may be successfully (or unsucessfully) harnessing a "keeping-it-fresh" approach by keeping just enough change in clothing/styles/looks to keep the same guys interests engaged with a changing just a bit all the time to maintain interest.
edit on 2012/11/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Based on the majority of posting on ATS from males concerning women and their looks, our assumtion appears to be correct.

Of course. It's natural. It's just the selfish gene talking. Men and women have opposite ways to assure they pass on their genes. Men look for attractive women because, on the whole, they are healthier. Larger breasts means more milk. Curvy hips means more chance of a successful live birth. Men need women to raise the kids.

Women need a strong male who can protect home and hearth. Now here's the best part. It is smarter for a woman to remain faithful to her man because she needs to raise the kids so that they survive and she needs that protection to do it. The chances of her passing on her genes successfully depends upon this behavior. It is smarter for a man to have as many partners as possible because the chance of passing off his genes is greater than if he stuck with one woman. Statistically speaking, his genes have a greater chance of survival.

Historically speaking, when you look at cultures in the past, there is always a way to handle this issue with men. Whether it is a harem, concubines, prostitution, the Victorian kept woman on the side, or matrilineal societies where men are visitors to "Uncle's" homes, but rule their own, there is still a socially acceptable outlet.

Except in ours where such behavior is frowned upon and considered immoral and can have truly horrible consequences.
edit on 11/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarensHoliday
Some of you might be misunderstanding the article. It's not saying that women ogle men more than men ogle women. It's saying that women spend more time checking out other women than men spend checking out women. And when women look at other women, says the article, they are "sizing up the competition" rather than perving out on them.

You're right but I like to think some of the time they're perving out on them.

It's okay I think it's sexy.

edit on 30-11-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
There's a lot of assumptions about women here. Well, as a woman let me just admit that there are some women I look at and perv out too. Sometimes you are just looking at a woman and you think "Wow, she's hot". Sometimes you are thinking "Damn, I'm one fat old ugly blob". It changes, perhaps I'm just a freak of nature, I don't know, but I don't really concur with everyone here.

Then again, I've never been a top-shelf quality female so I don't really get uptight about other women being better looking than me. I just appreciate the good looks.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

What you write is true. I often secretly wonder if monogamy is so hard for most people because people aren't really hard-wired for it, it goes against our biological nature. Women, as well as men, could easily deal with more than one partner. However, for reasons of knowing who the father of the offspring is, I believe that women found it necessary to stick with one guy. Most guys have issues with raising a child that is not theirs.

Honestly, though, since we're kind of stuck in this system, my husband is certainly allowed to look at other women, because men like to, and I don't want him sneaking when he does it. He's just not allowed to touch.

As for me, I'm too old to give a hoot what another woman looks like. As long as they don't act like a ho around my man, I don't care what they look like.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I agree with you. Women are generally either thinking this or this. It isn't really so much about men.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by schuyler

What you write is true. I often secretly wonder if monogamy is so hard for most people because people aren't really hard-wired for it, it goes against our biological nature. Women, as well as men, could easily deal with more than one partner. However, for reasons of knowing who the father of the offspring is, I believe that women found it necessary to stick with one guy. Most guys have issues with raising a child that is not theirs.

Interesting. My wife says one of the issues is that people didn't used to live so long. The maximum age was something like 28, so people didn't really have time. Women were married off at 14, remained pregnant until they died at 28, usually in childborth. Harsh reality. Here's a couple. I know the last one is harsh, but it bears on what we have been discussing.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

having once, on a sunday,[this was in college, on campus, btw]
ducked into a restroom. i nearly peed my shoes in shock:
at the levels of profanity, obscenity, and outright nastiness
scribbled as graffiti on the walls and stalls
i can confirm that the competition between females IS FIERCE.

shook, zipped, and got the hell out of there as it took me awhile to realize:
that i'd walked into the ladies room.

you forgot:

if a woman sees a man staring at ANOTHER woman, it's creepy.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

A male checking out a female... creepy? Is this real life????

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And the battle of the sexes rages on

There is a major difference between ogling and looking. If you have ever been ogled...you know it. An admiring glance is always appreciated.

I think studies like that (ones conducted in a controlled arena) are probably not truly accurate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join