It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an interesting question for you all - has anyone else been so amazed by a sighting that they

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I know that this might sound silly, because I mean - who will believe you with no evidence? I've had about three of these happen to me, two of them being during my childhood.

I would really enjoy reading all of the stories I know you have to share.

Feel free to flag!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oops, title was too long! Sorry, I'm a bit new to ATS.

I have an interesting question for you all - has anyone else been so amazed by a sighting that they forgot to record?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I've been so amazed by a sighting that I forgot to sleep that night...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
I've been so amazed by a sighting that I forgot to sleep that night...

Care to share about your sighting?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I yet to see anything cool.

Bah.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoyPluto

I was sneaking out of my house at night after my parents went to sleep when I was as young as 5, just to lay in my driveway and stare at the stars.

Decades gone past, I've always kept an eye or two on the sky.

Never once have I ever seen a UFO.

I've seen lots of satellites, bolides, comets, meteors, odd weather phenomenon, but, never ever anything that defied explanation as something normal, natural, or man-made.

Such is why I'm full of suspicion regarding claims of multiple sightings. I'm prone to feel that these multiple sightings are misidentifications of known, natural, or man-made phenomenon.

How is it that it seems the more someone knows about the sky, what's in it, and what to expect from it, the less likely they are to ever see a UFO?

edit on 30-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

How is it that it seems the more someone knows about the sky, what's in it, and what to expect from it, the less likely they are to ever see a UFO?

edit on 30-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

.. Because they know! Haha, just kidding. On a serious note, I'm not sure. I remember me star-gazing all the time as a child, though.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
When I was about 10 my bought me the telescope I had begged for. After a week or so watching the skies, I saw what my mom thought was a satelite at first. We weren't using the telescope as we watched it. As it slowly passed, it then flared up bright red, not like an explosion but like a red neon light. Then disapeared. We still talk about it today, but never came to a conclusion as to what it was. So since we could not identify it, to me it is an UFO.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc
When I was about 10 my bought me the telescope I had begged for. After a week or so watching the skies, I saw what my mom thought was a satelite at first. We weren't using the telescope as we watched it. As it slowly passed, it then flared up bright red, not like an explosion but like a red neon light. Then disapeared. We still talk about it today, but never came to a conclusion as to what it was. So since we could not identify it, to me it is an UFO.

That sounds odd. Was it flashing? Could it have been a plane?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
From my post on my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13530955#pid13530955

I didn't forget to record... I had no camera with me. I wouldn't have been thinking about grabbing a camera at that time anyway because I was almost in shock!

Back in the early 1970's I looked out the window one night and saw a huge white light in the sky, about the size of a dime if you held it up to the sky. It was really bright. You could tell it wasn't still; it was kind of hovering. As I stood watching it trying to figure out what it was there were 5 or 6 smaller objects that came out of the bottom of the large craft and took off into space! I just stood there with my mouth open. The large object stayed in the same location until I finally got tired of standing there, and went back to the living room. I grew up in the country, so there were no street lights blocking out the night sky.

I continued to see UFOs in the sky after that. They would go in crazy directions, stop, zigzag, and take off from a dead stop to being gone from view in a split second! All these just appeared as a bright round light from a distance, but could have been a different shape up close. Some appeared to flash different colors.

My close encounter was when I was coming home one night after working second shift. I came to this fast food restaurant and remember looking at my watch to see if I had time to go through the drive-through before they closed. It was 10:40 p.m., and they closed at 11:00 p.m. So I pulled into the drive-through lane with 3 cars ahead of me and another behind me. Once I placed my order I pulled up with 2 cars still ahead of me at the serving window. Then I saw something flashing in the sky. I kept watching it, and it got closer, and closer. It was flashing orange/red and green lights. As it approached even closer I could see it was oblong-shaped like a cigar, and flipping end over end. One end had the orange/red light glowing from it, and the other end had the green light. This object made absolutely no noise at all! As it approached just above the tree tops across the road it stopped flipping, and just glided through the air. It came down extremely low, just over the top of the building, and shot down a bright beam that went right beside my car in the parking lot! I noticed no one else seemed to be looking at it so I stuck my head all the way out my window and hollered at the car behind me, "What the hell is that thing?!!" I was so scared I was shaking! No one answered, and actually, everyone seemed to be suspended in time, no one was moving at all! After the light beam passed my car it started slowly flipping again, and then took off into the sky, and was gone in the blink of an eye!
The strange thing that confused me most about this encounter was the fact I lost 20 minutes from the time I saw the UFO until it took off again, which only seemed like maybe 2 or 3 minutes, and the fact that no one else seemed to even notice it, like they were all statues, not moving at all! I still haven't figured this out, but I heard of others losing time when they saw UFOs, and it turned out they were abducted! I won't go that far, but if I was, I don't want to remember it!

edit on 11/30/2012 by sled735 because: correction

edit on 11/30/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

Sounds like a satellite to me. Satellite flares are common where the sun reflects a flash off the solar panels.
Oranges, reds, and yellows are the common color.
The disappearing thing, well, that's just the satellite falling into Earth's shadow.

Tis what it sounds like to me.
What's funny is there's places that will sell you tickets to go 'watch UFOs', when in fact, they're just taking your money and pointing out satellites in the night sky to you, telling you when they flash that they're communicating to us, and other sorts of boojum.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
[more
I honestly have no idea what it could have been. My mom is the most skeptical person in the world and was not convinced that it might have been a plane. It was just plain weird. I know pics or it didn't happen but it did and I still have no clue what it was.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoyPluto
Oops, title was too long! Sorry, I'm a bit new to ATS.

I have an interesting question for you all - has anyone else been so amazed by a sighting that they forgot to record?

Yes sir, sure have! Probably the best UFO sighting I have ever seen, me and my partner at the time were in such awe we forgot to pull out our phones to record. It was like a moment of shock.

We were sitting at our old apartment complex in the car, actually watching what we thought was a very bright star far away.. Yet to our amazement it started moving, it was literally so far away and high we couldn't think of anything but a star..however it sailed to the left, then straight down in a very short amount of time and flew right over the GTO. How it got so far so fast? I still don't know. It was so quiet, didn't make a noise, the lights were fascinating. Here one second and gone the next. Probably the coolest experience I have ever had sky watching. And yep, I was so amazed I forgot to record it, both of us did. Still mad I didn't capture it! & Still have no idea what it was. Even the people out in the cars next to us and standing in the parking lot were all looking up, jaw dropped, it was great.

Sled735- Great story! Wish I had seen something like that!
edit on 30-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

Sled735- Great story! Wish I had seen something like that!
edit on 30-11-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

No, you don't!
But, thanks.

I could barely drive out of the parking lot after that experience!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have yet to experience anything definitively paranormal. I have had some experiences, but I have yet to find anything to support they were anything more than phenomena of the mind, or natural occurrences.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I don't own a camera, no not even on a phone so I recorded my sighting in my head.
I did a thread about it but only 4 people took an interest, no worries though, I will always have the memory of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

been so amazed by a sighting that they forgot to record?

Undoubtedly we tend to filter experience into our own preconceptions. That's the problem with trying to explain esoteric observations to others that don't share the same paradigm. If nobody you try to explain the observation too agrees with your speculation, it didn't happen. Even if you scribble formulas in the sand with a stick and babble to yourself all day people are just going to laugh and go home thinking you're nuts.

Protagoras was right - usually the person you are explaining too is the measure of all things, of the things that are, that they are, and of the things that are not, that they are not.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
sled735, that sounds amazing! Nice share!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauliflower

been so amazed by a sighting that they forgot to record?

Undoubtedly we tend to filter experience into our own preconceptions. That's the problem with trying to explain esoteric observations to others that don't share the same paradigm. If nobody you try to explain the observation too agrees with your speculation, it didn't happen. Even if you scribble formulas in the sand with a stick and babble to yourself all day people are just going to laugh and go home thinking you're nuts.

Protagoras was right - usually the person you are explaining too is the measure of all things, of the things that are, that they are, and of the things that are not, that they are not.

I definitely know what you mean. When I was almost 13, I went out for a walk out night. As I was walking, I see something strange up in the sky. It is blue and red, no flashing lights.. and it's moving fast! As it is going across the tree line, I go running after it, and eventually it gets to the street that my house was on. It was up high in the sky, and I noticed it stopped moving. I was just standing on the street, amazed to what I was seeing. I thought I could see a small window - and beings in it! I stood there for seconds, not believing what I saw. Then, out of the blue, the craft goes straight up in the air out of view.

It was really a sight.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
And, of course when I got home, I told my parents, and they thought I was crazy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join