It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My credit card should have infinity credit limit!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
An individual has limited needs and at a certain income/credit level money doesn't mean anything anymore for the individual. That's why most people don't get unlimited money because they would just sit on it or throw it down the toilet.

A govt - especially the most powerful country in the world - goes well beyond the combined needs of all individuals. As Cheney once said - deficits don't matter - especially when fighting 2 wars and implementing DHS, Guantanamo and cavity searches at airports (huge govt handout to a private industry who should have been instead forced to hire private security & screeners like any other private business).

I'm all for "nation building" here at home and implementing a debt free currency/society but that won't work in a world where ordinary people expect to be able to own a house (mortgage loan) or an education (student loans) or anything else that costs more than a couple of paychecks like cars or TVs.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, I try to buy everything cash, actually I buy everything cash.. even cars. my house i only payed 50% of it when I initially got it and got a loan for the rest.

I have some credit cards but I just keep a small balance on them to work my credit score. Well i only have two but that is a lot for me.

One is a master and the other is a credit line with a store. Well i needed to buy some appliances and I was haggeling to get it a bit lower by saying I only had x amount. then they asked if i wanted to use credit and i declined citing my credit limit with them was less than what i wanted to purchase. so then they said they could look at my credit and attempt to raise my credit limit. aka ceiling.

I was approved but I declined buying with credit.

Any who, they raised the limit but that didn't necessarily mean that I was spending. I found out you can call and ask creditors to lower your interest rates or raise your credit limit just because.

I didn't know that and I got my interest lowered on my master card for a few months. Which it doens't even matter since i only use it occasionally.
I do not want infiinite credit limit. I want the government to bail me out when i screw up like the big banks did. They reward incompetence as long as it isn't the incompetence of the common man.

edit on 3-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join