It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help With Comcast High Speed internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Today I got Comcast Internet and its there and installed but it wont work. Whats going on?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You ran the CD that came with it? You have the cable modem hooked up just right and all the correct lights are lit? You entered the correct information when/if you ran the CD that came with it? How long ago did you, if you did, run the CD?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I must of ran an reranned the CD at least a half dozen times only to stop about 20 minutes ago. I shut down the computer and un plugged and repluged the Ac cable atleast that many times. Sorry I cant be more of a help but Im not knowledgeable in technology.

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by Vegemite]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How long ago did you run the CD the last time? It takes about an hour to provision the cable modem to Comcast.

Do you have the cable modem set up correctly? Meaning, the Coaxial cable (tv cable) goes into the IN coax plug ont he back of the modem. Then you can either use USB or Ethernet to plug into your computer.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Today I got Comcast Internet and its there and installed but it wont work. Whats going on?

Here's an Idea...... Call Comcast!

Wow... see how fast I fixed that problem?

Im jk Vege. It sucks that its not working. Seriously though give the cable provider a call.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
How long ago did you run the CD the last time? It takes about an hour to provision the cable modem to Comcast.

Do you have the cable modem set up correctly? Meaning, the Coaxial cable (tv cable) goes into the IN coax plug ont he back of the modem. Then you can either use USB or Ethernet to plug into your computer.

About an hour ago

I hope so the comcast guy set it up. From my knowledge a cable comes outof the wall into a teyaron box with power, cable and pc lit up. Then out of that are two wires one that looks like a phone wire. The other is a teraron ac adapter that goes into an electrical outlet

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, if youv waited the hour, go ahead and give them a call. They may be having the same network problems they had when I tryed to provision mine.

1-888-COMCAST
Have your bill, and Cable Modem Serial Number located on the bottom, handy.

E_T

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Then you can either use USB or Ethernet to plug into your computer.
Try using ethernet first (use automatic IP and DNS if device manual doesn't tell those)... it requires only standard TCP/IP "drivers" and doesn't care about different OSs like USB which is prone to driver/software problems.

Device manual would be also good to see.

top topics

join