It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists are Smokers in front of Mirrors.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The problem with conspiracy theories is a common one in that they all lack solid evidence to allow verifying their claims. Despite the efforts of numerous reseachers, novices, amaturer adventures to uncover the truth they never come up with any solid evidence. Is it sensible for people to become facsinated and occupied with conspiracy theories and subbjects when they have such a good track record for not delivering proof of their claims. Below i will list out some of the common conspiracy theories i have encountered while being on Ats, and where no physical evidence has been provide for independant objective scrunity to allow proofing claims. And this highlights the common theme problem with conspiracy theories that people who will come forward with fantastic stories but are unable to provide any solid proof to be able to subtantiate they are true.

- Aliens/Ufos visiting earth
- Big Foot
- US Secret Mars Space program
- JFK assasination
- Royal family is Reptilians
- Time travel
- Illuminati
- Controlled World Ecomonic Collapse
- Elites want to Eugenics the world
- The Collapse of society to Martial law and Police state
- Mk Ultra mind control programs

The listed is some of the popular reoccuring conspiracy subjects and which we huddle like children around the conspiracy campfire and listen to the stories of the bogeyman from space or created in some insideous Black ops lab. Are the Conspiracy theorists story tellers insane?

There is no Ufo or Jfk Santa claus walking throough the crowd, and yet people cry conspiracy theory whereever they are looking. We have become lazy havent we? I mean we are looking for the easy way out to blame life hardships, unfairness and possibly our own failings on something else that doesnt even exist. So i ask you deliver me some solid proof of these conspiracies, and please dont link me to Project Camelot site because if you do that you will only be confirming my position, that Conspiracy theorists are Smokers in front of Mirrors.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So, not to be snarky...but why are you on this site then?

Definition of THEORY 1 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

2 : abstract thought : speculation

3 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art

4 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory

5 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena

6 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation

b : an unproved assumption : conjecture c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Gee...why don't you just run up and pee on the campfire everyone is huddled around next time.

Conspiracy theory is fun! It's a hobby of some twisted form. I'm not a heavy theorists but I have to say I do enjoy some of them and a few of them I have to give a slight nod at in that they seem to hold some water. Not many but some. It is kinda fun to let your mind crank through things and come up with "ideas" that are not mainstream or lack solid foundations. I think it is a mental exercise of sorts to splay all these puzzle pieces onto your mental table top and see what fits together...

You left a few off your list...the 9-11 conspiracies, 2012, Bayou Sinkhole, etc...etc...etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
unicorns and rainbows i guess.

Everything is fine here, move along sheeple.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It depends what your definition of "lack of proof is".

To me, you'd have to be mentally disabled to not understand the factual premise of a "ruling elite".

It's blatantly obvious they exist. Patriots Act, NDAA, all of this BS goes by unblemished by the populace. They've systematically created a way to feed your mind what they want it to know(TV), they've systematically removed the individuals ability to live a happy, comfortable life(inflation, perpetual debt), and any country who opposes the ruling elite's will usually ends up having their government overthrown and then replaces it with a government the ruling elite would find acceptable.

Rinse and repeat.

It's not a damn conspiracy that this planet is being run by a bunch of lunatics who will continue to destroy this planet and make it harder and harder for everyone to live. It's also a fact that if the US wasn't so militant, we could help feed clothe and educate the poor of not only our OWN country, but of others. The US military has a budget of world conquest proportions.

The ruling elite, who in my opinion use the US military as there armed mafia, quite obviously exist and have for some time. It's not a conspiracy, it's right in front of your face.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The problem with conspiracy theories is a common one in that they all lack solid evidence...

Reports delivered by a commission??

edit on (11/30/1212 by loveguy because: linky

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well excuse me for not drinking every drop of kool-aid the governments/MSM pours out. I think of myself as a person who looks at all the evidence presented, and based on that, will make a decision that's concurrent with my personal belief structures in what is right and what is wrong. I don't need the government/MSM deciding what I should believe, I can decide that for myself. If I'm not knowledgeable in a particular area I would happily and humbly ask a person(s) that have more expertise.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A theory is just that, until it is proven. I am into conspiracy fact and conspiracy freedom.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I personally think its naive not to recognize there is a group who control the masses.
This is very real. Out of all the conspiracies, this one is the easiest to consider. Not for you though and that's fine.

Its not being insane to think this way, quite the contrary.
Yes some ideas are way out there, but its up to the individual what might ring true for them. It's best to decide for yourself what you want to believe or remain skeptical of. Some do make very valid arguments. Nobody is being forced to believe in any if the said conspiracies.

I agree the proof is lacking but so is the proof that its not true.

Additionally, something to think about , is you aren't going to have anybody come forward with real proof, or maybe they did and you missed it, it was quickly dumped in the HOAX bin.
edit on 30-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
we always come up solid evidence, some just choose not to believe it !

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I must admit I think this thread is rather unfair to say the least. That's not to say I wholly disagree with it, or I even believe every conspiracy theory going, or whatever, but I do think It's unfair at best. A lot of exaggeration is used in an attempt to prove a point after all, the point being that conspiracy theorists are apparently crazy to some degree, which is how it comes across, whether that was the intention or not. See, we're not stupid individuals. We know that not all conspiracy theories have a great degree of truth to them, that's why a lot of back and forth debate goes on here on quite literally all topics. We all believe in different thing's and we all think differently but we're intelligent and mature enough to go the extra mile and say why, not just dismiss immediately.

But to flat out deny the existence of any possibility, well, that's just the completely wrong approach to take in my opinion, and it was also the impression I got from reading your opening post here in this thread as well. And to ask for us to provide all the absolute solid evidence for you as well? No, It doesn't quite work like that unfortunately.

We're on this website to discuss conspiracy theories. See, theories. That's the main aspect of what we do here, we look a little deeper into a subject, and if we have a reason to believe something other than the official story is occurring, we ask our questions and the search for the truth begins. Whether there is something to look for, we don't know, but we look anyway. With believing in something other than the truth, we theorize.

Just because we do this however, just because we challenge the official story of something, take 9/11 and the JFK assassination for example, that doesn't mean we're crazy or we're looking to believe something other than the official story just because we don't like it. That's an unfair and incorrect conclusion..

This being so, I do agree with you when you point out that some look and claim a conspiracy is everywhere, but that's not a reflection of all of us here and to claim as such is, once again, massively unfair. As I said, we're all different people and we all have different beliefs and opinions. To lump us all into one group is, as it is with every thing else, and as I'm sure you will agree as a rational human being, just unfair and wrong. Wrong on a moral level and wrong on an intellectual level too.

I challenge you to think a little deeper and instead of asking us to provide the proof, or possibility of an alternative scenario to 'something', I ask you to go look for it yourself. To read up on a subject. To watch a documentary. To just ask those questions you feel should be asked and then attempt to answer them. If you think everything is fine after that and there is nothing odd going on, then that's fair enough, at least you thought about it that bit more instead of just accepting whatever was told to you. That's all anyone can ask and that's largely what we all do here.

Here on ATS we're not able to provide all the answers. I wish we was but we're just not. Thing's don't always work so easily. The pleasure however is found in the outcome of our hard work, and with saying that I do once again challenge you to do the hard work yourself and find your personal answers. Don't just be content with what another individual tells you. Be the one who think's, do not just allow someone else to do it for you.

Thanks,

RA.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I may look in the mirror but I don't smoke!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What I find so interesting in you OP is this....

How do you explain away the numerous "Conspiracy Theories" that later turned out to be true even though they "lacked solid evidence to allow verifying their claims"?

Just wondering.

edit to add:

I hope you also realize that some things you list as "theory" are actually not a theory at all. For example, the JFK assassination- that is not a theory any more. Maybe it was 40 years ago, but not today. Not since the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations found that there was evidence to suggest more than one gunman fired at the President, and that the death of Kennedy was the result of a Conspiracy.

MKUltra- sorry but that is also not a "theory". Congress held hearings about the program. In 1997 a FOIA request found over 20,000 documents relating to the program. So to say there is no evidence is just false. Don't you think? Do you have 20,000 documents about something that does not exist?
edit on 30-11-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yes you got it I am insane. Thats why I work for a living and pay my debts and have friends and a life oh wait I suppose that means I'm normal.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Mk Ultra mind control programs

Not that I am really at all familiar with the MK Ultra program but isn't already proven fact to be REAL with unclassified documents and all?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks that conspiracies don't exist doesn't know a damn thing about history.

Puhleeze.... get back on Facebook.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That's true. MK ULTRA is one of those theories proven correct.

A vast list of documents can be found here:

Mk Ultra Documents

Cointelpro, the infiltration and spying of citizens by the government, is another one that springs to mind. As is Operation Northwoods, a series of planned false flag events. And the actual existence of the mafia was once considered a "crazy conspiracy theory" too.

- FBI Website - Cointelpro

- Operation Northwoods revealed

- The mafia theory confirmed

- Here's a little bit more information about MK Ultra in particular also: www.wanttoknow.info...

edit on 30-11-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join