It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living in the system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Back when I was in school I remember teachers often telling my parents how I was in my own little world all the time, during lessons I would inevitably end up drawing strange illustrations and patterns in my textbook, rather than the work. It is no surprise then that I failed miserable in most of the valued academic subjects such as maths and English. I mention this because I feel society is not yet equipped to deal with the diverse set of paths our consciousness sometimes wishes pursue; this is highlighted by the system and practices we use to “educate” our youth.

It is evident the government fully understand the potential of the educational system as the ultimate propaganda tool. We were taught to stand in line. At register we affirm our presence by a “here sir/miss”, our existence defined by a slot in a column of names, in alphabetical order. We are taught to walk from class to class, the same ritual every week, every day. We were bought together by our school uniforms, with the school logo and branding of course. Just think about your time in school for a second, was the emphasis on learning for yourself, or was it learning from the authority. It is a system ruled by ritual and order, if you do not fall into line you are put in detention, the same model applied to criminals which must be a huge success otherwise why would we apply it to our children, would that not be illogical?

Now you could argue that this is not just a school thing, the same rituals apply to most things in life, I would agree. So is the entire system being manipulated or are we just natural inclined to create order amongst ourselves?

I think that is an interesting question, despite the intentions and motives of world leaders, one thing becomes clear. We are not brought up in a world that values self-awareness. There is no doubt in my mind we are discouraged from thinking for ourselves, we base our knowledge on scientists current believes, we act on celebrities belief’s and style in their image. I am not against being part of a collective, I feel we are not part of a collective though; we are part of a brand. Our existence is based on loyalty to an image; a way of being that is outside of our very conscious being. Everything from religion to the media perpetrates our illusion of life and how we are live it, that is the ruler where we chose to draw our own line.

I was very nearly a victim to the system, perhaps in part I still am. Here on ATS I like to think most of us are survivors of the system, holding on by our finger tips. We are conscious enough to form our own opinions and at least be objective and critical or ourselves and others.

I have realised what the system deemed my weakness was actually my strength. I have lost many friends to the propaganda and the brand. Many could have been successful in life but were undermined and undervalued, this is not a matter of making excuses for them, it is just an observation. I myself used to get into trouble with the police, I gave up everything including all my friends and I am now in UNI getting top grades yet I see the system for what it is. I attribute this to when I was in secondary school, I started to meditate. I have no idea why, it was a secret as I knew no one would understand why I do it, I was not even sure myself for a long time. I remember my parents look when they found out, the look of worry for their son.

I am now 21, I am happy to be the guy in his own little world once again, I draw, I explore nature and get lost in the city. I started this thread not really knowing what I was going to talk about, but now I have written this I would like to say that next time someone calls out “your” name, it does not mean you have to answer.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whoever is designing the school systems agenda now is failing horribly. Even the teachers can't understand the system requirements shoved on them by the people above. Neither can the principals. It is becoming a nationwide competition like a Trump show. Every kid is different, needing more or less time to absorb things. We have lost ground against the world in intelligence of the school kids, the whole system in this country is flawed. The nutrition they push is not right for some kids, kids have certain foods that they cannot eat or their intelligence drops. The unrealistic pressure on the education system is uncanny, get rid of the people that are structuring the curriculum. Were these people even ever teachers or have they worked with kids? I think they had a sellable prospectus that got them the job, one that has no proof to back it. Let the teachers do their job without having to worry about excelling the whole class. Quit pushing foods that dampen intelligence for some people, make them available but don't push them. fire the ones that are now structuring our nations education system, it isn't working. Talk to schools that were doing good before this started and get input from what works with kids.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thanks for your post, I assume you are in the US? I am actually in the UK, anyway in regards to the educational system I do not think it is a national problem but an international problem. At least in terms of the self awareness aspect.

Edit* The problem is that the authority do not want the populace to be critical of them, aside from the news stories designed and broadcast by the authority which is controlled. I do not mean to direct my message towards the teachers, it is the system in its entirety that needs to change.
edit on 30-11-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

A good teacher stirs your interest in things. You learn because you have interest not because of the knowledge being taught to you. If you make a game of learning, it helps. I used to want to never have homework so I learned to use that reason to finish it fast. I hated math so I challenged the system and made a better way to do math and I did not need to write anything down to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers until they got into five numbers. I hated having to show the proof, I hated doing it the way everyone else was taught. Why go through all that work when the answer takes only a few seconds.

I stirred my interest as you can also do. Everyone can learn if they want to learn. Maybe people can't do as many things as I can but they can be good if not better than I am in a couple of things. There is a profession for everyone, sometimes it just means you have to adjust your attitude. The best job I had was pumping gas at a Holiday station, I learned to communicate with people better and there was little stress to the job. Work is hard only if you do not like it, energy comes with desire. If you are sick it is a different story, then you need a cure, not a treatment. That is another subject. If your copper levels are too high than you get depressed, It is hard to get interest when depressed. Eat some cream of wheat or cocoa wheats to bring up your attitude, the fatina can lower copper levels. Try this, maybe you will get interested in real health.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i'm bored bro and mad hungry a journey you seem well on your way to taking. All they know is hooks for fish they ain't out to feed they out to eat. what you seek ain't in no book or hidden anywhere in the digit maze we call the internets. sure those and other mediums will poke you in the right direction but you is your own ultimate travel agent.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Well said OwenGP185
You're a very thoughtful young man.

top topics

join