It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 killed in attack at Casper College in central Wyoming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

3 killed in attack at Casper College in central Wyoming

www.thedenverchannel.com

Three people are confirmed dead in an attack at a community college in central Wyoming.

Casper College spokesman Rich Fujita says it happened around 9 a.m. Friday. He said police took into custody one person who is injured.

Fujita said he had no additional information, including how the attack happened and who was killed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This story is still developing so obviously its difficult to get all the details as of this writing. We currently have no information on the pepetrator(s) or motive.

Let's try to collect information first before jumping to conclusions or making this another long kneejerk thrash on "guns good/guns bad."

My heart goes out to the victims and their familes.

www.thedenverchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here's a bit more information that might be of relevance from another source:

"They are reasonably certain that the one and only suspect is in custody, but they told us they can't be 100 percent certain there is not a second suspect," [the Casper police chief] said.

Read more: www.wjla.com...

In the same source, this was included:

Political science instructor Chris Henrichsen said he was showing the film "Frost/Nixon" to his Wyoming and U.S. government class when he stepped into the hall to get something for a student and was told a homicide had occurred on campus.

He went back to his classroom, where students were getting messages about the campus lockdown on their phones.

"We locked the door and waited for further instruction," Henrichsen said

I find it odd that they would include information about the name of the film a political science instructor was showing his class even though it seems to have no direct bearing on the shooting at all. Why was this information included in the article? Perhaps simply because there is so little else to say and the writer wanted to pad out his article. But it strikes me as a strange thing to include when its (seemingly) irrelvant to the main issue.

And here is a vid where they mention a "stabbing", although the video is confusingly titled "shooting."

Was it a stabbing or a shooting?

edit on 11/30/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Now we have news of ANOTHER attack at a DIFFERENT college campus.

What is going on? Coincidence?

BALTIMORE – A suspect is in custody after an apparent shooting on the campus of Morgan State University in Baltimore.

A police spokesman says the shooting happened around 1 p.m. Friday in the 1700 block of East Cold Spring Lane, which runs through the northern part of campus. The spokesman says an adult male was shot, but the person's injuries are not fatal. Police have also recovered a weapon. It was not clear if either person is a student.

www.foxnews.com...

This is the second attack incident at Morgan State in recent days...there was another in September.

edit on 11/30/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Now we have news of ANOTHER attack at a DIFFERENT college campus.

What is going on? Coincidence?

If it's just a single person having been attacked in the second case, as it appears, then probably just a coincidence. There is violence on college campuses every day, it's the mass shooting that would be unusual.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
News in EU is reporting this to be a murder by bow and arrow....

If it's true, it smells like a crash down on the last piece of ownable weaponry is about to take place.
They don't want you to have any weapons at all....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
News in EU is reporting this to be a murder by bow and arrow....

If it's true, it smells like a crash down on the last piece of ownable weaponry is about to take place.
They don't want you to have any weapons at all....

Here is a source mentioning a stabbing and a bow and arrow attack.

It also seems at least one of the dead is a professor.

www.globalpost.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Doesn't seem to be as much interest in this story as in usual ATS breaking news of such attacks.

I wonder if people are jaded because they've seen so many now?

Or perhaps the fact that a gun wasn't involved doesn't play into the narrative of "ban all guns now" that gets many so worked up on this site whenever there is a mass shooting.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I read somewhere a crossbow or a similar weapon may have been used. Whether or not this is true, let's say it is meaning some sort of bow weapon was used, are the anti-gun nuts going to suddenly jump to outlaw bow weapons as well?

I see others have said the same sort of thing.
edit on 30-11-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I read that the weapon was a Bow and Arrow....I guess the BATFE will want to regulate those now also.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
One of the dead is the suspect. I wonder how he is supposed to have killed himself?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Probably shot himself in the back of the head with his bow.

join