It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have been listening to Mr. Jones for about 2 years now, I am iffy if I believe him or not. He seems to know a lot about the stuff he talks about, but I just dont know if i believe him. Some people even say that he is a government operative?! Im just curious to hear your opinions on this man.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a charlatan. He is after nothing but dimes in his pocket and serves the PTB.

Whether he does so intentionally or not is up for debate, but he is a detriment to our community and the truth movement at large. He is a fear mongering, money grabbing lunatic.

Just last year he convinces many people to donate up to a million dollars so that he could build a new studio; which he then sells time on his channels to corporations and other advertisers to make a buck.

It's really intetellectually dishonest and good only for a laugh and every now and then a well written and informative story from one of his contributors. Not ever from him directly.

Be very weary of supporting him, in doing so, you support the continued polarization of our group in the media.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

He's touches on half truths and blows it up massive. I actually recently stopped listening to him.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
AJ is an actor and a poor one at that, he does nothing but yell, scream and try and sell you his crap items and gold.
He shows his true colors at an Austin gun rally, then tries to lie about it on his show.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
use to trust him, but now i kind of question his motives with all the advertisment he does

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgon8819

I say take him with a pretty big grain of salt. Personally I find him entertaining but aside from that...he might gets good scoops now and then. As far as the money grubbin' thing...who in the spot light isn't...well just who isn't. If you have the opportunity to make lots of cash...would you? I would. I think the money is an invalid point when htis is concerned.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Alex Jones simply cannot keep his mouth shut. The guests he continuously cuts off mid sentence to the callers who rarely are able to make coherent statements due to Jones' narcissistic conversation trampling behavior are testaments of what this man is about nothing but a wind bag..
Alex Jones is concerned with one thing, and that is Alex Jones and how much money he can profit off the gullible..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I read a piece written by one of his former guests hosts. He was guesting for him one day and the day after, he received a call from AJ's wife, bitching at him that their sales were down on the day he guested and that he didnt do a good enough job hawking his crap on the show. Could be just gossip but im inclined to believe it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
From my perspective, there is no doubt he is very rude to his callers and disrepectful to some of his guests. The Noam Chomsky interview was just sad.

That being said, i can't understand how so many in the self described truth movement can honestly criticise him based soley on his upper middle class income. Is there some upper level yearly income at which point you can no longer be "legit"? Is it like $50,000? Maybe its $60,000 a year. Either way, does the litmus test adjust for inflation?

In my opinion, the American public school system has created selective historical amnesia, whereby our history has whittled away all the flaws in our heros and we are left culturally believing someone can be prominate in a movement only if he or she is squeeky clean and a near saint. The truth is that someone can have a great idea or do something great while being a an absolute jerk in other areas. I recomend watching Penn and Tellers "Hollier than Thou" episode if you haven't already.

Would he be less of a sale out if he took tax payer money to fund his operation? Regardless of whether is a jerk, he does cover a lot of news stories the mainstream media won't, and he certainly reaches far more people than most people on internet forums ever will.

If someone has an idea on how to build and fund large operations without money i'd like to hear it. Maybe there exists high tech radio stations that will let people in the truth movement use the facilities for free, and provide all the necessary support staff, but until someone shows me an example of such, i'll refrain from criticising jones based on his wallet.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
As an Austin native I watched AJ from the start.
1998 or so on access television. He and his buddy Mike Hanson
would go down to the National Guard armory and
show the Armored Attack vehicles that he said were
about to roll out Martial Law any day now. That was 14 years ago.

He was fun to watch for those first 8 years or so. And I remember the episode
before 911 where he said there will be an attack in lower Manhattan.
Pretty impressive stuff, especially when you are first getting into this kind of thing.

Later when Obama came in I noticed a big shift in who he was going after.
He decided Teachers Unions and the like were the big threat.
Complete BS. I realized Alex never ever said a bad word about the Koch brothers.
Oil billionaires were suddenly A-OK by him. This is also coincidentally when
his income went threw the roof.... Hmm..

I do believe he believe's most of what he says. He's incredibly intelligent.
But I think he's a Heritage Foundation bought man now.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Never listened to him before, and after reading some of the opinions..Maybe I'll dodge that train too

Though, maybe he's trying to make a buck and has kids to feed. I have no idea.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hey,
for whatever reason intent or purpose, he is like a voice in the wilderness?

Maybe true he stole coopers' thunder after bills' demise? Did aj demise cooper?

What was billy doing? aj really huffs and puffs, billy spoke softly, coherently.

He is like a utensil in some big-ass bowl of concocted crap getting stirred and served in one breath.
Once everyone eats of this mixture, all is naught, IMHO.

So, he's doing both, a service to the followers, and a dis-service to those who know better.

"Who among us feel??"

ETA;
by those of us who know better, I mean;

We know better than to allow our emotions to control our activities, should a crappy out-look gain any momentum.

edit on (11/30/1212 by loveguy because: don't live by the sword

edit on (11/30/1212 by loveguy because: nodding

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Then who do you all trust in the world of Conspiracy Theorists ?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgon8819

Trust your gut, and associate only with rational conspiracy nuts.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
rush limbaugh

wish I had thought of it first

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm only able to watch a couple of minutes of his videos at any given time.

After that, I find his voice grates on my nerves, especially when he starts getting all worked up.

Too irritating to watch.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
In reply to your question, I think you have to choose for yourself what you believe or not. I would encourage you to separate his deliver style from his message, and his opinions and conclusions from the facts he presents.

Alex couragously went into Bohemian Grove with a camera and showed us all that weird and strange ceremony they carry out there. He was thus able to awaken some of us to the reality of collusion among the leaders of countries and corporations, which stunned me when I first saw it. It left me with a feeling that there was some sick and twisted stuff going on.

We have to give credit where credit is due. He also showed us FEMA camps and although we don't know for sure for what and when they will be used, we can't deny the existence of fusion centers and the downgrading of freedoms since 9/11, something he has been talking and even shouting about. I believe he was the first to expose the Bilderberg gatherings.

So while many like to denigrate him for whatever reason, he does have some accomplishents that are responsible for awakening people to collusive planning among business and government leaders. His style has not always been pleasant or easy to take, and I'm sure it has affected his blood vessels, but we are free to choose how his messages affect us. We can believe, disbelieve or remain skeptical.

And don't forget, he was shouting into the camera at the government at the very same moment that all the mass media was meeting in the powder room fluffing up yet another Paris Hilton piece for those people foolish enough to still consider them the bringers of news. So to me Alex was the much needed counterbalance to the mass media's avoiding factual reporting of anything at all worthwhile.

Personally when I saw that we were being lied to by government and deceived on a massive scale, it was nice to know that I was not alone in thinking that, and that if the government was even slightly afraid in any measure of the people, then I credit Alex as the the rallyer for a time.

What Alex makes in a year is of no interest to me. I think he tries to make an honest living and I would not like to be in his shoes for all the money in the world.

Whether to believe him or not? Look at what he presents. Look at the facts he shows and separate that from his opinions and conclusions. I don't always come to the same conclusions as him, but the documents he presents are after all documents.

Bill Clinton said Alex serves a useful purpose, and who is to say Alex has not caused some of those dark characters to hold off on some plans.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
My thoughts on Alex Jones???

Anyone who claims to have "infiltrated" an event that was supposedly highly secured, by parking down the freaking street and walking through the parking lot - with a camera man in tow - and then spent an entire DAY "covertly" filming, though clearly in public view? All while addressing the camera???

C'mon folks. How obvious does obvious have to be? The man infiltrated nothing.

He is a self promoting, highly deluded man with an ego bigger than his body ( and that's saying something ) who likes to scream about the monsters under our beds, real or imagined. He will latch onto ANY ante-government rhetoric, without the first indication of having used critical thinking, and then scream it through a bullhorn, with every ounce of hyperbole that he can muster - all while making a pretty penny in the process.

He doesn't even deserve the label "provocateur" or "disinfo agent". He's just a megalomaniac who's so drunk on his own brand of Kool Aid that he just can't stop.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I have been listening to Mr. Jones for about 2 years now, I am iffy if I believe him or not. He seems to know a lot about the stuff he talks about, but I just dont know if i believe him. Some people even say that he is a government operative?! Im just curious to hear your opinions on this man.

I used to be a huge follower of Alex Jones. My opinion after all these years is that you can trust Alex Jones to give you a very comprehensive idea about some of the intrigue happening in the world. He definitely knows his stuff. How much of what he says can be trusted I couldn't say, but in my opinion he either willingly, or mistakenly identifies the enemy of free humanity as the Illuminati. He is insanely Religious as well, being a near rabid Abrahamist, which is not good in my mind. And we shouldn't be worried about a new world order, we should be worried about the old world order perfecting itself, which is an ongoing process, and seems to be getting more efficient. But the ~program~ is anything but new.

But the others are right. It's up to every one of us to choose what and what not to believe. If anything, he can be very entertaining to listen to.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Jordan Maxwell is my favorite *conspiracy theorist*, and i've done my fair share of digging into the ~Illuminati New World Order~ conspiracy theories. Maxwell shares a lot of information in his videos.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join