It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Good Because The Feds Will Use All Your Facebook Likes And Dislikes Against You In Court

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Foot stomping and chest pounding.

Why not be constructive?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
FB is a wonderful tool for law enforcement

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Good grief. Harper is not selling us to China. He is just renting us out for 31 years. Big difference. If we don't enjoy it, the lease can be cancelled after 15 years with only 6 months notice. See he's looking out for us.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
What's "radical prom jihad"? We're they going to crash a high school dance?

It's like American prom.

You lose your virginity, but get beheaded shortly afterwards.

And that 72 virgins deal, turns out they mistranslated, it's actually 72 vegans. You get to spend eternity with 72 women nagging your dietary choices.
edit on 30-11-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
(glances nervously at my mini-profile)
By the way, if anyone believes using screen names at ATS makes us anonymous, you're nuts. We're anonymous to each other and anyone can lie to ATS staff and ownership...but Uncle isn't fooled and only slowed down a little by that. Those Alphabet agencies like FBI and DIA wouldn't take but a few minutes to hook screen name here to real name and our street address. Anonymity is just not happening outside of some REAL work and effort..and even that is open to debate for effectiveness, IMO.

you know i've often wondered about that.
have you ever had advertisement pop ups, pop up and give the city and zip code or just the city or just the zip code.
well this happens to me from time to time , thing is, about nine out of ten times their wrong.
they give neighboring communities or cities and zip codes, or my city with one of the other zip codes it has.
first i wonder how they got thru, i got 2 firewalls, 2antivirus with ad blockers, 2 malware with adblockers running, plus plugin on the browsers for trackers and popup and i have allowed only a few cookies.
2nd are they seeing the ISP's hub or are they seeing me.

any body know.

edit on 30-11-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
And then you have people like myself, I am going to say what I want to say, think what I want to think, without cowering in fear or living under some kind of rock like most of the people in this thread. Go ahead lock me up and throw away the cell, don't care........ I would never live my life in fear of some boogyman.

I totally agree with you. Bring it!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

If it is coming through still with all that, I would probably say it's _javascript or flash. Noscript can block that. On a lot of flash games, there is no way to block some ads or tracking, as they are built into the same flash area as the game itself. You have to allow the flash area for the game to even load, but it loads up the built in adspace as well :/

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I guess we better all go over to the CIA and FBI Facebook page and like them.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
if you share " mustafas guide to building a suicide bomber vest " and lkike " achmed launced a rocket into isreal today " - then you deserve everything you get

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yeah, but what if you share it for the lulz? As in, you share it for trolling or because it is funny?

Obviously these guys were up to no good, but this precedent of using facebook keeps getting stronger every year.... and it is fairly clear how this trend is opening Pandora's box. Once the majority of the population is self-monitoring on a daily basis, abuse of power becomes inevitable.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I wonder how many likes my 'the FBI are needle-dicked, nosey bastards' page will get?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Maybe they should be good too.

The French cut people's heads off when they revolt!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The Feds can kiss my rusty sheriffs badge!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I dont understand why people use FB to contact other people in other countries, why not use the email? if everyone is contacting through FB, then they must have email address'? right?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Doggonit! Had a lengthy comment and my phone crashed. To simplify...there is no internet anonymity. Even if you delete everything pages are cached and there are sites like webarchive and thewaybackmachine that will show your page in..say...1995. Also, any cell phones convo (smartphone or not) can be listened to by anyone. It's legal. Encryption can help a Bit. But if you're online you're locatable. Yall might wanna google your ats username. It's eye opening. That said, I recently joined FB. I'm ok with it. I know what can be found. But I made an informed choice. Besides.. I was tired of living based on fear or a bunker mentality. I use common sense with what I post but I'm enjoying contact with family thru the country. If we make all our decisions based on fear/worry who wins? Are we enjoying the life we have a right to?? Oh...email is More trackable, btw. Proxy servers can help but only a bit... ~ann formerly chickenlittle
Be Well All!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Anyone that uses their real name on facebook AND posts controversial material or "likes" is a fool

I would argue just the opposite. if you participate in contemporary modern society they can track you if they want or backtrack where you've been. I don't have a problem with that, what bothers me is if they used it to "pre-empt" future activity they deem inevitable.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Anyone that uses their real name on facebook AND posts controversial material or "likes" is a fool

Anyone that likes Halo and Sonic the Hedgehog is a fool.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, if they ever deem UFO documentaries, nature documentaries, T'ai chi ch'uan lessons, Star Trek, the Beatles, Elliott Smith, Radiohead, Tori Amos, ATS, or videogames terror-related... I'm in big trouble!

In all seriousness, though... setting aside guilt or innocence of the accused... this is deeply disturbing and sort of out beyond reason in my opinion.

Peace.

P.S.

Originally posted by swoopaloop

Anyone that likes Halo and Sonic the Hedgehog is a fool.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

edit on 12/1/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Wrong quote

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Ok, so you do not have facebook, But do you " Have a Smart Phone? "

No

Do you have a car built in the last few years?

No

do you have grocery cards you use for discounts?

No

Have you gone to a baseball game? (facial recognition cameras. )

No.

There is no where to hide . They can find just about anyone they want now.

Apart from rapists, muggers, thieves and terrorists.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Naah. We track them to, but we don't bother them much because we need them to keep the herd in line.

As to the OP: How exactly will the Feds use my "like" for a "Walking Dead" picture or music video against me again? What exactly do you guys post on Facebook anyway?

Mine is just "stuff I like," and the occasional semi-lucid / witty observation. Or -- Kenny is coming to the BBQ? Hey Kenny -- bring moar ice.

I don't think most people use Facebook (or any other social media for that matter) for anything that might interest the Feds, to be honest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join