It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Stan Lenic protecting citizens' rights, defending the Constitution.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
When I first saw this video (Thursday, 11/29/12 if memory serves) I was moved to call the Albany County Sheriffs Office to express my opinion of the filmed incident.

After introducing myself to the lady who answered the phone, I went on to say, "I'm calling to commend one of your deputies". I could hear the smile in her voice as she immediately replied, "That would be Stan Lenic!". She went on to explain that the department had been inundated with similar calls from all over the world in the 24 hours since the video had gone viral.

If any of you would like to express your opinion to the Sheriffs department, the phone number for the Office of the Sheriff (from their official website) is (518) 487-5440.

S & F to you, OP, for posting this outstanding video.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I called too. They were surprised to get a caller from Canada lol. I am an ex way upstate NYer though

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey
Not being from the U.S. can someone explain the difference between the Sheriff Dept and Police Dept?

Here in the USA, typically, the Police Department is the law enforcement branch of a city or town government. The Sheriffs Department is a branch of the county government - which may include numerous cities and towns. The Sheriffs deputies patrol those areas of the county not covered by a city or town department.

The Sheriff is the highest ranking elected law enforcement officer within his/her county and as such technically outranks appointed Police Chiefs within his jurisdiction. However in practice the Sheriff will usually defer to the police chief on matters occuring within the geographical area of a city or town.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Vaedur

Most of them are alright people, I've met a few and they've been decent. But politics and policing are not completely exclusive, you have to know that some of the political corruption finds it's way into the police force...like any other governmental department, they have to lobby for funding.

And, more likely than not some people toward the top of the chain are in bed with the Mayor, State legislators, etc...maybe the governor...

We talk about conspiracys of the "elite" a lot on this site, and Albany is pretty heavily involved in this kind of stuff. As the capital of NY, where most of the countries financial powerhouses are located, there is a lot of money exchanged for less than ethical reasons...and a lot of people who are subservient to an agenda.

ETA: And yeah, Schenectady is corrupt too. Also Troy. The whole area is....why would Albany be serving of this respect when it is the engine of it all?
edit on 12/2/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

You got a point. I just have a personal fondness for them living in bad area's of Albany previously. In reality, it is more likely a personal fondness for specific officers then the department itself.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Very much so, thanks for the info.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join