It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Stan Lenic protecting citizens' rights, defending the Constitution.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I wonder if this Sheriff is an Oath Keeper.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, veterans, peace officers, and firefighters who will fulfill the oath we swore to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God.

The fight to protect our civil liberties from the federal government in the face of the Patriot Act, warrantless spying, indefinite imprisonment, NDAA, secret lists, citizen assassinations etc., will take place on the local level.

Which is why I'm very glad that Obama got reappointed. Although Romney would have been no different with regards to his policies, 50% of the sheeple would have stood down simply because hes a "Republican".

So many good moments in this video, not sure which is my favorite. Probably when the Sheriff said that he doesnt have to give you his identification because hes not doing anything wrong...

edit on 30-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I am known for bashing the brutality that our LEOs are using, but this guy is truely a hero IMO!! As well, as the NYPD officer who bought a homeless man a pair of socks and boots!

There are some really good ones out there, and I must say that they deserve some praise when they do something like these examples!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So, we here at ATS are not above finding out who an officer is and sending him and his superiors an email when they beat the # out and taze a handcuffed 5 year old girl.

Let's find out who this FKKN HERO is!!!
This guy rocks!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sad times we live in when we have to applaud that which should be the norm. Well lets hope other cops see him as a role model.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Here's a facebook page made by someone other than Stan Lenic. Here

While it is sad that stories like this are so rare that they cause a furor, maybe highlighting them will show other LEO's that the public isn't actually against them, they're only against the ones that abuse their powers.

A little positive reinforcement can't hurt. Right?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Great video that shows that citizens do have a choice and a right to freedom of speech. The people passing out flyers were none combative and very cooperative. The Sheriffs Deputy was great in all aspects, he knew the law and didn't let others dictate a non-existent law that the airport man made up in his head. Great video.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Awesome Job by Officer Lenic! If the vast majority of LE acted with the discretion this fine officer did cops would not have such a sordid reputation these days...

This and the NYC cop who bought the homeless guy some boots is good to hear for change. Lets hope it marks a turning point for how LE treats people!

The local news for that area picked up the story.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What an awesome Sherriff, if we had a country full of men like him....
the difference it would make!

Say what you will about Infowars, they were part of this.
And the two that handed out the flyers were just as importmant!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Always awakens my faith in people, especially those sworn to protect, when they are uholding the oath!

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
i was born in albany county and live right outside it. im so proud!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
EVERYONE should call his department and commend him
I know I will monday

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I LOVE this officer. We need many more like Stan Lenic. The person that was opposed to Mr. Bermas filming in this video was utterly ridiculous and it was good to see him get shut down. And yes, the girl was "blocking" people from using the escalator... watch that girl, she could play for the Chicago Bears. What a joke. Great find, OP. I love seeing that some still have the heart to stand up for our individual freedoms under the law. S+F.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yes. Kudo's to that intelligent, well informed, and brave officer. Too often in these situations, the accused are immediately assumed and treated as if they were in the wrong. That in itself is WRONG. The law here in these United States (that my family fought for in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam) still states we are innocent until proven guilty....regardless of what some airport "spokesman" makes up on-the-spot. They should have also printed out the rules listed on the airport site as well, and handed him a copy of their own rules (as a refresher, of course).

In addition, since the airport is on public (state) land, and employs federal employees in its daily business, they CANNOT write and enforce rules that violate state, federal, and Constitutional Law. If they want to do that, then PURCHASE the land and hire your own employees (like small airports).

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I want to buy this man a Ham for the Holidays! Anyone know how to reach him?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have nothing at all to say about cops today that is good, however this Sheriff is a shining beacon to all. I am proud of this guy. Kudos to only one out of probably 1000 cops in this whole country that didn't sell their souls to the Illuminati.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I saw this video the other day, and I have to say that this behavior is commendable. Not because he did anything particularly special, but because Lenic actually stands up to the bureaucrat and for constitutional rights on private property. That is just not something we see every day.

That winking while asking for the personal info... Seriously... Some people.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That's not private property. It's owned by the county.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Well then what the heck was that guy talking about?

Ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Kudos to Officer Stan Lenic. A true professional, who acted with courtesy and respect towards everyone involved. This is the way it should be. It's a shame that this kind of conduct is so rare amongst law enforcement officers. He is certainly a credit to his department.
Now we need to figure out how to clone him and replace all of the bad apples

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
EVERYONE should call his department and commend him
I know I will monday
[/quote

Indeed. I for one plan on calling them myself. I bitch a lot about police abuses around here, but I certainly don't mind giving them credit when they act professionally and do the right thing.
edit on 2-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because:
edit on 2-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: trying to figure why my response is in the quote box...???
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join