It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Medical Study Says Knowledge Makes People Sick, Advocates Internet Controls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A new Cochrane study argues the second of two reasons for controlling Internet access: Unfettered Internet access breeds crime � and illness. Cochrane published the study following two US agencies� release of previously embargoed medical and scientific research into the public domain.

www.abc.net.au
�Using the internet to manage a chronic illness can leave you in worse health than before you logged on. �The reviewers said the study had important policy implications because of the worldwide proliferation of online health programs, often at significant public expense.�

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Free Internet access coupled with open access to medical and scientific information threatens the very foundations of global corporate power. If recently released research is repackaged for general consumption and hits the mainstream, it�s pretty much game-over. The issue is heating up, and the lines are drawn.

In October, the National Institute of Health (NIH) thwarted corporate pressure on the Senate and made Open Access to medical information a contractual obligation for NIH funding. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) made this online announcement:

�Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP) is now an open access journal � all content is freely available to everyone online immediately after publication. We believe that the open exchange of scientific information will lead to the greatest progress for global health. That�s why we have also opened up over 30 years of peer-reviewed research to anyone who wants it.�

Taken together, the recently released NIH and EPA research provides solid evidence linking world wide epidemics and widespread genetic mutations with environmental contamination. The facts show underlying infectious cause � and the health, food manufacturing and wastewater management industries are all implicated in disease transmission. Other industries also are incriminated � common chemicals and various contaminants accelerate disease progression, and trigger new disease mutations.

So-called �diseases of civilization� are epidemic world wide, causing mass premature deaths and budget-breaking early dysfunction and disability in survivors. Nations around the world face caring for multitudes of relatively young no-longer-productive citizens, euphemistically termed the �aging population.� Population projections from the CIA and others have shown a significant yet unexplained drop in population growth for several years. However, the evidence suggests the projections are overly optimistic; the 6th Mass Extinction is real, and human survival is on the table. The situation can only be contained by massive clean-ups using new technologies like nano-filters and special enzymes for microbial decontamination.

The worst terrorist threats pale in comparison to actual present reality. The world is already under biological attack � and bio-terrorists have nothing to do with it.

The health industry is the largest in the world today, worth trillions of dollars each year � and arguably the foundation of global corporate economic power. At present, the same few mother corporations cause and spread disease, then profit from treating secondary symptoms. The global structure is supported by corporate ability to own information and control its flow.

Corporate efforts to block the Open Access movement have been thwarted � the research is free on the Net. The only way to block the information flow now is to prevent public access, and the only target left is the Internet itself. The FBI recently shut down Indymedia. Watch for a stepped-up campaign showing that unfettered Internet access breeds illness and crime. Expect more viral censorship, shut downs and pressure for international Internet regulation.

Related News Links:
ehp.niehs.nih.gov
ehp.niehs.nih.gov
www.heartcenteronline.com
ehp.niehs.nih.gov

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...
www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hmmm, well, one could argue that existing in the universe without "supervision" breeds crime and illness... Breathing air is a prerequisite to shooting someone in the face, right?

This isn't going to cut it... Choice is a foundation of humanity, which is why freedom is so important to people after their basic physiological needs have been met. This isn't going to fly -- it's irrelevant and counter-productive.

Zip

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
zipdot - it's about your assumptions... 1) the world is a rationale place. 2) truth is important. 3) freedom is a goal...

back to my last paragraph - free Internet access IS ALREADY under attack. The FBI already shut down Indymedia - they're back online but who knows what's been purged. Haven't you noticed the censor programs that have appeared in the last couple of years? ...Google's had a leash on for the last 5 or 8 months. ...and Internet support groups for diseases are a big target - why? - because when people start to share information, the truth emerges...

you say it won't happen - but it already IS happening my friend.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Im not saying it wouldent make people more sick, but you shouldent ban some parts of the net for that. Sometimes people need to learn and grow from there mishaps mistakes. Just because something has the ability to hurt them doesent mean we shouldent give them the responsibility to learn from it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
Im not saying it wouldent make people more sick, but you shouldent ban some parts of the net for that. Sometimes people need to learn and grow from there mishaps mistakes. Just because something has the ability to hurt them doesent mean we shouldent give them the responsibility to learn from it.

..........."Sometimes people need to learn and grow from there mishaps mistakes"

Are you sure about that? Isnt that what's been happening for thousands of years to humans? And, oh my god, we're still here !!! heh

I fully concur with this net censorship is already out of hand. Brings to mind the book "Fahrenheit 451" - only it's the net (after that, ya dont think books will go?).

Misfit

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Misfit - FYI - books are routinely attacked and romoved from schools, public libraries etc. for one reason or another, and the fights are ongoing... Granted, the last actual book burning in the US that I know about was back in the 30's or 40's - the Orgone Therapy guy, Wilhelm(?). ...but really, I think the Internet is just experiencing what has always gone on with books - we don't get to see the really good books - they're censored out front, one way or another... Ie., "Dying for Hamburger" an absolutely excellent book about madcow disease and MUST read for modern survival, is only carried by one store in my city - and it's on the bottom shelf, hidden and pushed back into a corner.

...books are a 'commercial product' - and easy to control...but

...the Internet is neither a product, nor a centralized movement - and like the radical/hippie movement in the 60's, it threatens the establishment - the 60's movement couldn't be (completely) controlled or manipulated, so it was crushed, one leader at a time.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If internet was controlled in the first place, we wouldn't reading this post. Although I agree about the crime part. It is ridiculous how easily you can make a bomb by finding the instructions off the internet, in fact I have seen groups just for making of bombs, they hide under the excuse of it being of chemistry.

If internet wasn't there, there is always books. I mean almost all the stuff can be found in books, good thing is that it is much tougher to publish in books, possibly filtering out all the bad stuff.

But I would never vote to control the internet, let alone destroy it completely.

Surf

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
zipdot - it's about your assumptions... 1) the world is a rationale place. 2) truth is important. 3) freedom is a goal...

back to my last paragraph - free Internet access IS ALREADY under attack. The FBI already shut down Indymedia - they're back online but who knows what's been purged. Haven't you noticed the censor programs that have appeared in the last couple of years? ...Google's had a leash on for the last 5 or 8 months. ...and Internet support groups for diseases are a big target - why? - because when people start to share information, the truth emerges...

you say it won't happen - but it already IS happening my friend.

The FBI shutdown Indymedia under what grounds?

What was the reason for the FBI shutting them down?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah, knowledge is a bad thing, so the Internet is bad for society. Pfffft. Give me a #ing break.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Mauddib - Supposedly the FBI was acting on behalf of Switzerland... ??? it's a tangled tale.

FBI shutdown of Indymedia threatens free speech
www.fair.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I absolutely say no to censoring the internet... but i guess i can understand the government wanting to censor some things. i mean who wants ol'osama or one of of his cronies building a nuclear bomb, or your neighbor. just imagine the possibilities.....
information is dangerous. and thats a fact.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Muaddib,

The original reason for shutting down IndyMedia was that one of the sites they hosted was displaying photos of undercover Swiss operatives and it was believed their lives would be under threat.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It isn't the the internet, or the information on it is making people sick.....it's that the gov't has decided to publish certain research papers and reports that will clearly let the masses know just how sick the drug companies and other industries have made us sick..........and well, this explains the importance of tort reform.......once people find this out, the next phase will be to sue!!! Which will in effect redistribute the wealth all over the place...or collaspe the economy.

LL1

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They/someones' attempt to "keep them ignorant, dumb, and
barefooted", revisited.
Excellent way to control a group of people.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"once people find this out, the next phase will be to sue!!! Which will in effect redistribute the wealth all over the place...or collaspe the economy."

Or sign their own death warrants?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ghozt - the death warrants are already signed... Really - clean-up for to prevent spread and progression is essential!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is another attempt of political false truths trying to stop conspiracies, leaks and truth. If the public believes the inconsistent lies, then stupidy is at an all time high.

~Deny the Man.~

[edit on 24-10-2004 by RickJamesJones]

[edit on 24-10-2004 by RickJamesJones]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Rick - I think people are sick, tired, ignorant, manipulated and overwhelmed - but not necessarily stupid. ...Patient teaching is often the way to go... Unfortunately, it's a long process, easily disrupted.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree also, I'm not calling the public stupid, i'm saying that the people who actually realize what is happening and just ignore the truth are arrogant , believe false truths, and manipulated by a greedy, goverment which is possibly controlled by the illuminati.

~MS~

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Notice how they really only tried to clamp down after the 9/11 "truthers" gained a bit of momentum ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join