It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Not a Person

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So where woud 'you' be in this?
It is single.

Yup... i am i single part of the whole...

I fit in as a part of God... Just as you and everything else that exists in this reality as a Part of the ALL

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Okay, did you read my post quoting "Osho"?
Do you understand that I get what you are driving at?

Not ONCE, itisnow, have I seen you repond to a reply by saying, "Yes! That's what I believe! You got it!"

Therefore, it's tiresome and unproductive to read your repetitive "verses" because we don't receive any feedback, or personal input. You're great at "asking" questions, but fairly .... shall I say, "reticent"? that's more friendly than "stubborn".... poor at responding to questions or expounding on thoughts presented.

But, maybe that's just your personality. Maybe you are only able to speak in phrases and vagueries. Okay.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I answer with the most honest answer i have with the only tool i have; words.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Fair enough. It's a shame, though, that you can't put together more than a handful of them to help others reach your "understanding". Maybe you just don't know how.

And by "it's a shame", I mean in the sense of "too bad", or "unfortunately"....
because I'd wager you have a lot to offer, and just (apparently) don't know how.

edit on 1-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

It is single.

I fit in as a part of God... Just as you and everything else that exists in this reality as a Part of the ALL

You feel as though you are a part from the whole and you seek to feel whole again.
This IS wholeness. This is. Yet the mind says this can't be it.....there must be more and the seeking begins.
The seeker must be sought for, for you to be freed from the belief in something separate.

Is there really anyone there?
edit on 1-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Doing okay so far. Can you be a little more elaborate? We're not psychic, so some of the stuff you're talking about is still kinda vague. More details, please.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Doing okay so far. Can you be a little more elaborate? We're not psychic, so some of the stuff you're talking about is still kinda vague. More details, please.

About anything specific? What comes to mind?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by adjensen
From your claim that the universe is cyclical and your dismissal of my pointing out that it is not.

Why can't it be both? We are observing its expansion, but we don't know that expansion isn't part of a cycle..

Yes, we do. Once again, if the universe was cyclical, either expansion would be slowing, or there would be an increasing level of contraction, but neither is the case -- we have accelerating expansion, and there is nothing to slow it down, because the mechanism to slow it down is what is causing it to speed up.

Does The Universe Exist Inside A Black Hole/

Then there is the postulated model of the universe as a donut shaped torus universe.

Yes, those are called "theories without evidence." Contrast to what I posted, which is "theory with evidence."

Really? Where will the universe go? It may disperse into infinitely spaced, infinitely small particles, or even infinitely small waves, as "String Theory" suggests, but energy will never cease to exist.

From a thread I wrote earlier this year:

Well, by their calculations, about 32.9 million years before the Big Rip, the Milky Way will be torn apart, as the gravitational attraction that holds it together is negated. Two months before the end, the solar system suffers a similar fate. The moon leaves our orbit five days out, 28 minutes before the end, the sun explodes, at the 16 minute mark, the Earth follows, and the very atoms that make up our physical reality are ripped apart at 3x10(-17) seconds. It's all pretty much downhill from there. (Source: XiaoDong, Shuang, QingGuo, Xin, Miao "Dark energy and fate of the Universe") (Source)

Even at that point, there is nothing that can coalesce all the distributed matter, so it will simply continue to drift apart. It doesn't cease to exist, it just simply becomes more and more dispersed, even on a quantum level.

But even is what you postulate is true, and the universe is destined to "not be," then I would postulate that GOD also would not be. Maybe GOD can die. If all we can know is all that is, but if "is" ceases to be, then all that is GOD also ceases to be. Because GOD is ALL that there is.

That would be the case, were pantheism correct, yes. As a non-pantheist, I believe that God exists apart from our reality, so he (and anything in his reality) would be unaffected by the end of the universe in the Big Rip, which, technically, has already happened from the perspective of his reality.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

That would be the case, were pantheism correct, yes. As a non-pantheist, I believe that God exists apart from our reality, so he (and anything in his reality) would be unaffected by the end of the universe in the Big Rip, which, technically, has already happened from the perspective of his reality.

Two questions:

One, why do you believe in non-pantheism? Do you speak from Christianity? Christianity says that "God" is in everything. We've already seen the relevant scripture in this thread.

Two, scientists still don't have a definite answer on the exact nature of the universe. All they have is plausible theories that haven't been proven beyond a doubt. What makes you think you know more than they can tell us?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

One, why do you believe in non-pantheism? Do you speak from Christianity? Christianity says that "God" is in everything. We've already seen the relevant scripture in this thread.

I do not believe in any thing.
'God' is a word that points to the no thingness behind the forming. It is not a dead no thing it is aliveness, it animates, gives life to all that is.
I am that so i do not have to believe it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Have you read anything that I've written in this thread, specifically the replies I have made to you? Omnipresence is NOT pantheism -- there is zero support in Christian scripture for pantheism.

I am a non-pantheist because, as I said, from a scientific point of view, it is a logical impossibility.

Two, scientists still don't have a definite answer on the exact nature of the universe. All they have is plausible theories that haven't been proven beyond a doubt. What makes you think you know more than they can tell us?

Sorry, I have no idea what you are asking here.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I speak from experience.
And i find it is already written, hidden in reality pointing to reality the only thing there is.
Science has been under the belief of separateness but quantum physics are finding that there is nothing. It is all made of nothing.

Emptiness is forming.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Have you read anything that I've written in this thread, specifically the replies I have made to you? Omnipresence is NOT pantheism -- there is zero support in Christian scripture for pantheism.

"God" made everything in the universe, including the laws and principles that bind and govern it. If he didn't make them, where did they come from? You continually fail to explain this.

I am a non-pantheist because, as I said, from a scientific point of view, it is a logical impossibility.

Yeah? According to what? I've already explained it to you. It appears you do not read my posts.

You have all the answers, it seems. Do tell us how you have these answers and the rest of the world's scientists do not. That's what I'm asking. I haven't once seen you admit that you do not know something.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have answered questions that were not asked of me. I apologize.
Please accept my answers.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I speak from experience.
And i find it is already written, hidden in reality pointing to reality the only thing there is.
Science has been under the belief of separateness but quantum physics are finding that there is nothing. It is all made of nothing.

Emptiness is forming.

This desk that I'm bashing my head against doesn't feel like nothing. In fact, it feels very real. And isn't that what it's all about? What we feel? That's the only reality we know, when it all comes down. What we feel is all that's important.

That's why we only care about what we think we know, instead of what we ACTUALLY know. Stuff that makes us feel good, helps us sleep at night and gives us the courage to get up in the morning. The stuff that makes life bearable.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Akragon

It is single.

You feel as though you are a part from the whole and you seek to feel whole again.
This IS wholeness. This is. Yet the mind says this can't be it.....there must be more and the seeking begins.
The seeker must be sought for, for you to be freed from the belief in something separate.

Is there really anyone there?

What a load of useless words...

IF i am part of the whole... why would i seek to "feel whole" again... Don't you know everything that is needed is within?

Why don't you do everyone here a favor... Stop speaking in nonsensical riddles...

Speak from the heart...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What doesn't feel good is feeling lost and incomplete. When completeness is felt there is harmony. All that appears is fulfilling.
The emptiness is full of what is here presently. Yet it is rarely noticed.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It is singular - you are the whole.
This is the whole.
There is nothing a part from the whole.
Thoughts arise within the whole that say there is more than this but they are still this.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I am aligned with the theory, as are
others, that time and the universe are within a cyclical reality. Of course that
idea can be debated, but no one
knows for sure what is true.

ok lets take your theory, then God is in space n time and in a cyclic state with them, in short God keeps changing as space changes.
It makes me question, does that mean God also gets tied to laws of time and space?

Let's put it this way. I don't believe that
GOD throws around super novas,
hurricanes or volcanoes because he's
angry at us humans. We live within a
natural environment that mimics the
randomness of the universe. We on't find ourselves in the path of
destruction because of GOD's
judgement against us. Nor do I believe
that GOD actively intervenes to stop a
hurricane, super nova or volcano
because of pious prayer

neither do i believe that God does it that way, at least not that directly, God made a system and if humans mess with the environment then it may led to consequences.
But again a question,when you say they are random event does it imply that God is no longer in control?
And by mercy, i meant that we are provided with whatever we need,air,water etc thats Mercy too.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

"God" made everything in the universe, including the laws and principles that bind and govern it. If he didn't make them, where did they come from? You continually fail to explain this.

When did I say that he didn't make them? But making something doesn't magically turn what you made into you. God doesn't become the universe by creating it, any more than you become a piece of pottery when you form something out of clay.

Yeah? According to what? I've already explained it to you. It appears you do not read my posts.

It is a logical impossibility because something cannot cause itself to be created. If you wish to demonstrate how something can cause itself to be created, you're welcome to present your evidence.

You have all the answers, it seems. Do tell us how you have these answers and the rest of the world's scientists do not. That's what I'm asking. I haven't once seen you admit that you do not know something.

I don't generally get involved in discussions on subject matters that I am ignorant of, but when I do not know something, I readily admit it.

However, if we go back to the original text of mine that you cited in your question:

You see the word "believe" in that sentence? I underlined it for you, since you apparently didn't see it the first time. Now explain to me how I "have all the answers", but still say I believe something, rather than saying I know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join