It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can make my thoughts become almost silent

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Geez where's your sense of humor?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

Sorry i saw no joke.
Was it funny?
edit on 1-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Sorry i saw no joke.
Was it funny?
edit on 1-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Hahaha you're terrible

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hahaha you're terrible

At finding this funny??

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Hahaha you're terrible

At finding this funny??
\

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Really?

Trust me, some day you will believe.

I did post some scientific evidence for why we humans are spiritual,

I understand why you don't like organized religion, I have heard all the arguments, but why can't you see yourself as a spiritual being?

What makes your heart so hard?

Obviously you have chosen that specific avatar for a reason.; )
curmudgeon

I think you hang around these spiritual topics to try and convince yourself.

What makes you think I don't have doubts?
We all have them if we are honest with ourselves.
edit on 103131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 103131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Funny how someone could give reasons why they don't believe in the Big Bang and no one will ask why their heart is so hard. I hang around these topics because there are so many holes in the proofs of their existence. I'm not sitting here slamming my fist down and screaming, You're all a bunch of idiots! No, I'm just pointing out what I see, whether it's right or wrong. The only hardness I feel is when people (like the religious) can't find a counterargument to my points so they start to derail the topic by attacking me personally.

I always try to offer valid questions to whatever is being discussed.

I am spiritual in the sense that I come from nature, and that is AWESOME TO ME! I love the squirrels and the big moon and colorful skies and the flaming leaves of autumn. I love kittens and babies and heroes and beautiful women. I love freshly fallen snow and hot coffee on Sunday mornings. Point is, there is SOOO much to be a part of in this realm that I don't need to have an unfounded belief in things that can be defined as 'somewhere over the rainbow'. I don't want to believe in something that is 'good for us' even though there's no proof of its existence.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by QueenofWeird

A few months ago, at the end of sleeping I became aware that I had been in a state of zero thought. It was as if coming out of the sleep I was coming into existence from a state of nothingness. There was no pain there, but there was no pleasure either. It was just nothing. Now, this will be okay when I die, but why would anyone actually seek to experience this while living? I want as many thoughts as I can possibly have.

Yes indeed total emptiness, or not? What is there in that space.

That would be Zero consciousness.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I always try to offer valid questions to whatever is being discussed.

Awareness is aware 'of' somethingness. Thingness is content.
What is aware of what is being seen right now? Is it a thing that can be described? Can you find it and grasp it and show it to me?
Is awareness a 'thing'? Or is it aware of 'things'?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wow! lol You put two 'maybe's and two 'perhaps'es into four sentences and tried to force them into some kind of truth. Personally, if I put a bunch of maybe's and perhapses into a theory, then I just mark it up to utter nonsense. I guess that's why I'll never believe in a god or follow any religion. I just can't base my life on the unprovable.

Less theory and more experience is my advice for you. Follow me in the Carrot State and I'll show you
By the way, how often do you laugh?

Don't offer advice unless asked for is my advice to you. And, which state is the carrot state? I laugh ALL the time! Did you not see the lol in my statement?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Wow! lol You put two 'maybe's and two 'perhaps'es into four sentences and tried to force them into some kind of truth. Personally, if I put a bunch of maybe's and perhapses into a theory, then I just mark it up to utter nonsense. I guess that's why I'll never believe in a god or follow any religion. I just can't base my life on the unprovable.

Less theory and more experience is my advice for you. Follow me in the Carrot State and I'll show you
By the way, how often do you laugh?

Don't offer advice unless asked for is my advice to you. And, which state is the carrot state? I laugh ALL the time! Did you not see the lol in my statement?

Odd... that sounded like you just gave advice without being asked to.

Maybe you're coming off sleepy, drowsy?

Check out my mood.. It's nothingness man. Hahaha.. When you don't have thoughts you are everything.. If you are listening and there is no sound does that mean you don't have the ability to hear? Thoughts identify objects/separation.. Distance.. Time...

The tree of knowledge, if you eat you die... Because time was brought forth..

No thoughts means you ARE the I AM, of ALL.

Without first hand experience you will not know what words mean to someone who has. You'll notice that almost everyone who does these things talk very similar.. Cryptic in a way, to symbolize the right feeling, and others who have been there are like "I see what you did there." I Am the I AM, But You don't have to identify what it is that IS.. It just IS.

There is a place right where consciousness and unconsciousness meet, and it is in this place you can glimpse eternity for a time.. It's kind of like the speed of light though.. If you could go the speed of light time stops.. But you cannot so time only almost stops.. It's the same here.. It's a bit over nothingness/everythingness, but not quite..

This is where you find out you are the Source of all that is at your deepest level.
edit on 12/1/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Odd... that sounded like you just gave advice without being asked to.

Check out my mood..

I know. lol Glad you caught that.

But your mood is nothing! You need help! Is there a mood doctor in the house????

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I am spiritual in the sense that I come from nature, and that is AWESOME TO ME! I love the squirrels and the big moon and colorful skies and the flaming leaves of autumn. I love kittens and babies and heroes and beautiful women. I love freshly fallen snow and hot coffee on Sunday mornings. Point is, there is SOOO much to be a part of in this realm that I don't need to have an unfounded belief in things that can be defined as 'somewhere over the rainbow'. I don't want to believe in something that is 'good for us' even though there's no proof of its existence.

There's an old French phrase that says: "C'est en ne cherchant pas que l'on trouve." (It's when you don't seek that you find.).

edit on 1-12-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I know. lol Glad you caught that.

But your mood is nothing! You need help! Is there a mood doctor in the house????

I don't need anyone taking me out of the Now..
I like my garden of Eden just fine.

Thinking is like looking at the gear on a bike..
Not thinking is like being the bike and the road and the world and the universe..

Id rather see the puzzle, than a little piece sitting here in a room typing on a computer..

"I am the universe and you're crazy!"
~Fellow Scorpio, B.o.B
edit on 12/1/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I have had sleep paralysis twice and I don't really like it.

Sleep paralysis can act as the key that opens the door labeled lucid dreaming.

It can be quite frustrating getting through the "door".

Even if you have the key in hand.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Thinking is like looking at the gear on a bike..
Not thinking is like being the bike and the road and the world and the universe..

There, ya see? It's analogies like this one that proves we can be 'wrong-thinkers' and come away believing the analogy is logical.

If thinking is like looking at the gear on a bike, then not thinking is like NOT looking at the gear on a bike. In no way, shape, or form, does NOT looking at the gear imply that we are the bike and the road and the universe. It's just not a valid argument.

We don't know what caused the Big Bang, so a god did it. No, one thing does not prove the other. We don't know why someone was suddenly cured of cancer, so it's a miracle. No, it means we just don't know the answer.

Jesus was crucified so that our sins would be forgiven. No, if Jesus were a god he could have said, "I now forgive sins." Death does not forgive sins. There is no connection between the two (death and forgiveness). It's like saying a cow did a dance so that birds could fly...It makes no sense.
edit on 12/1/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I really need to learn this, but I'm afraid of meditation. I don't want to play around with third eye and pineal glands, astral project, or be visited by entities. I've had sleep paralysis and it was horrific to me. I think going down that road will make me insane. I'm saying for me it would, not suggesting it does this to others who practice it. Also I have brain damage and I wonder if that would mess it up? I'm also withdrawing off narcotic meds right now and I can tell thats making me worse.

I just want to learn how to stop the thinking. I don't hear voices and not really sure my thoughts are even words. They're just thoughts. They consume me. I try activities to switch the focus but that only works for 10 minutes.

I liked the first video embedded on the first page. That made sense to me, about memory and anticipation and time.
I have to rewatch it because my thoughts interrupted it.

I read a book once that warned about the dangers of certain meditation techniques and it put me off trying. I suppose I've been brainwashed to fear God. I'm not religious. I am aware now though it seems anything good I might want to try that might free me is forbidden and I refuse it. For example I have been steering clear of this forum because I don't want to get talked into this stuff. But here I am, willing to try. I've hit Rock bottom and God has selective hearing. I still think you can invoke dark entities. I remain cautious.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Welcome to the present moment.

Listen to this man. He speaks of what youve noticed.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

I like this video. Made sense to me but I have to watch again. My thoughts interrupted it!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Meditation is all about finding the silence that is the peaceful backdrop to all the sound and fury life appears to be.
Here is a short video that will show you that the stillness is always present.
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Thanks for that.
I see what she was saying to do with thoughts, but when she asked the lady if there's one thought that is stuck there and she said no, my answer is yes. I have one thought, which is something that was said to me with intent to hurt, that I can't get rid of. It's so easily triggered and once its there it takes control of my emotions. This could something else like I don't know how to forgive. I think I might know how to forgive but just can't forget.

I guess I'm in the infancy stage of this. I need to learn much more.
I downloaded a free copy of the power of now. Hoping this can steer me into the right path.
I am very much aware I spend too much time unearthing painful experiences and I torture myself. Then I start thinking too much how the experience will shape my future, more torture.
I have to learn how to stop tormenting myself. It's a vicious cycle that gets me nowhere.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I dont know what that means.

extirpate |ˈekstərˌpāt|
verb [ trans. ]
root out and destroy completely : those who tried to extirpate Christianity. See note at destroy.

sublimate
verb |ˈsəbləˌmāt|
1 [ trans. ] (esp. in psychoanalytic theory) divert or modify (an instinctual impulse) into a culturally higher or socially more acceptable activity : people who will sublimate sexuality into activities which help to build up and preserve civilization | he sublimates his hurt and anger into humor.

A dictionary is but a click away these days.

One should not extirpate his thought, he should sublimate it.

edit on 1-12-2012 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join