It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can make my thoughts become almost silent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by QueenofWeird

What you are describing, the buddhist monks have known about. It is a state, where your mind is silent, clear, and you should be able to focus in on most topics, coming out with the answers to most problems.

The way I was taught, was to sit and concentrate on the breath, and breathing, then to let it go and the thoughts in the mind to go. Some would say it is the first step towards enlightenment and generating great compassion in your life. What you do with such will be up to you, and how you use it.

I agree sdcigarpig. QueenofWeird do you ever meditate? A quiet mind is one of the goals in higher meditation. I want to have no thoughts at all. Hasn't happened yet. But any thought that arises is aknowleged without emotion to it, and I let it float away as soon as possible. Not sure if we're doing something similar, but "shhhhing" the thoughts is a good start.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chi-and-Me

I have done transcendental meditation a lot and it is nothing similar. This is almost total emptiness. A vacuum. And as such highly strange for me.

I did it again 10 min ago in the kitchen while doing the dishes....and I noticed other creatures trying to contact me. Well I am not sure if I am ok with these guests but I have to see where it gets me.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

I don't know if this is relaxing, it is more like being sucked into the void. Adventurer I am, I want to use this to see what my brain/mind or what ever it is can do in this state.

Well, it is relaxing to me, anyway. It does not feel like being sucked into a void at all, to me. It just feels like a very relaxed state. Like laying down in bed after running a marathon or something. Only it's my brain that does the running all day.

So yeah, it really helps me to relax mentally. It's a form of meditation ( There are many different kinds)
edit on 30-11-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

Nope this is something else all together. I know what hypnagogic states feel like, hallucinations, sleep paralysis, relaxation, day dreaming and blaaaabla but this is new to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oops!

Wrong thread.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I just think its funny - - more like pathetic.

How the GOP does such an extreme flip when it comes to Jimmy Carter.

He's like their punching bag - - - unless they can use something he says.

OK.......?

link   

reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

Nope this is something else all together. I know what hypnagogic states feel like, hallucinations, sleep paralysis, relaxation, day dreaming and blaaaabla but this is new to me.

Just because you have not heard of it does not mean it is something else. Focusing on only one thought to bring your mind to peace and calm is very common in meditation. Yes, it is a form of meditation.

Well, if it's new to you, it's not now. Try it. Focus on one thought.... One word. The word "nothing" works for me. See where it leads you. It leads me to complete relaxation and a quiet brain.

Anyway, I will see you around the board.

Peace and love.

edit on 30-11-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

I used to think constantly. Caused me to be an insomniac..

Then I too learned how to shut them off..

Problem is I don't know how to turn them back on..

Almost all of my thoughts have to be on purpose now. I have to try to think. Plus I don't think in words anymore, so it's hard to say what I am thinking, because I have to think it, and then try and figure out what the words are to the movie I just played..

I'm not sure I recommend this way of being.

actually you're doing it right dusty.
it's called "turning off your internal dialogue"
it's the op that's doing it wrong
talking to yourself in your head serves no purpose at all, except waste energy, it's actually no different from fidgeting or grinding your teeth.
it also slows down your thinking processes to as fast as you can speak, if you pay attention you'll notice that any speech/pronunciation problems you have speaking carry over to your internal dialogue. or try saying tongue twisters fast in your head, that's because you're sub-vocalizing, mmkay?
it's the same with reading too, without internal dialogue/sub-vocalizing you could be reading and absorbing/interpreting posts or reading material
as a Gestalt.

"turning off your internal dialogue" is also what meditation is all about
how are you going to communicate/listen to your body/id,
Higher Self, or Spirit, if you're indulging in making a useless racket in your head?
and at very low vibration/frequency levels at that?

OP turn it off, not down

edit on 30-11-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added comment

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Do you think you are "losing time"? The fact you are familiar with how all those other states feels and this is different makes me a little concerned. You might want to see a doctor and make sure there's nothing wrong. Does anyone around you notice anything?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am able to do this only when I am motivated. It can be really hard to focus. Usually I find myself slipping back into thinking of mundane things, like what I need to do the next day. It is an exorcise of the mind and will where the more you practice the better you get at it. This is the first step towards awakening the third eye, the pineal gland. A good read on the subject is Carlos Casteneda, "Conversations with Don Juan", etc. Once you are able to silence the thoughts focus on not thinking about silencing the thoughts, forget about forgetting about silencing the thoughts. Clear your mind of everything, let it be still like a glassy lake, nothingness. When you are able to hold this for a while it will give you an impression of what death is like, it can be a bit unnerving, even scary. Just always remember that you can stop it at any time. After a while you will get flashes of feelings and images that seem three dimensional, hard to explain. It's like trying to balance your mind on a thin wire, you will teeter from one side to the other until you are able to find the balance of stillness. Listen to the world around you and pay attention to what is not happening. Listen for a series of knocks that come from within, you cannot miss them, this is the beginning of opening the door.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Do you think you are "losing time"? The fact you are familiar with how all those other states feels and this is different makes me a little concerned. You might want to see a doctor and make sure there's nothing wrong. Does anyone around you notice anything?

The only thing they notice is me getting fatter
But I do understand your concerns, and as a 'pro' I can tell you this is a new thing. Just because I have hallucinated doesn't mean I am certifiable

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Joki42

Well I get flashes of nothing, but then I may have to do this for let's say 30 mins.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I think her post was appropriate, she evidently "wasn't thinking" Isn't that what this thread is about

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Actually, I offered a way out. BITE THAT LEMON

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

I do it to go to sleep sometimes.

I think of a chalkboard with scribbles all over it, the scribbles being my thoughts, then I erase everything on it and clean it off. Then I focus on a constant sound (the AC, Fan, hum of the refrigerator, etc) and shut off anything else I think about.

Yes! Only I don't focus on anything but the void. It is very strange and yesterday I scared my self because it felt like a form of death. Anyways, I am delving deeper into this and see where I get. Probably totally zombied out

Wish they could monitor my brain and see what happens in that grey blubber.
edit on 30-11-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

ahhhh sorry my bad it seems you're on the right path and just haven't gotten there
remember the goal is to turn off the internal dialogue.
also disregard any implications that you're going nuts
typical hogwash
the RCC's original doctrine regarding witchcraft, demons, and other esoterica
was that these were delusions or signs of diminished mental ability/intelligence
when that didn't work they brought out the torture racks and mass murders

looks like the church of scientism is repeating history
though it looks like the torture racks [psycho-hospitals] are out from the very start
a case in point.
Telepath Goes to Hospital for Help, But Gets Victimized Instead

so be wary, OP, as AJ says: "there's a war on for your mind"
and the church of scientism, in service to ahrimanic forces,
takes no prisoners, as it's goal is to convert us all into compliant robots/homonculii

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I think her post was appropriate, she evidently "wasn't thinking" Isn't that what this thread is about

Hahahaha.
I haven't lost my sense of humor in the Void.

But really people, let's continue a constructive discussion because I like your input.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Oh no, no probing my mind. I am just interested in the neurological part of this.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I have done transcendental meditation a lot and it is nothing similar. This is almost total emptiness. A vacuum. And as such highly strange for me.

I did it again 10 min ago in the kitchen while doing the dishes....and I noticed other creatures trying to contact me. Well I am not sure if I am ok with these guests but I have to see where it gets me.

My first impression would be that you learned how to enter a transcendental state without having to sit and try. But if you say it's nothing similar, I don't know. Then again my early, basic, relaxing meditaion is nothing similar to the powerfrul Chi flow meditations I now have.

I've read that you must be weary of such "guests" when reaching certain planes. Some positive some negative. There is supposed to be protective enrgy you can manifest for that. I haven't experienced contact with guests, but so far I only focus on Chi flow and not deeper meditation.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yes I think by shutting of the internal dialogue as another member rightly stated, I get open to the 'other stuff'. But then again I do want that. That's why people take the substance I can't mention which starts with a D and ends with T.

EDIT, and I am fully in control. I can also tell myself to go back to the blabla in my head.
edit on 30-11-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Isn't this called meditation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join