It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can make my thoughts become almost silent

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I really need to learn this, but I'm afraid of meditation.

Me too, I have had some really horrible experiences, so I just go though life at take it as it comes naturally.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I dont know what that means.

extirpate |ˈekstərˌpāt|
verb [ trans. ]
root out and destroy completely : those who tried to extirpate Christianity. See note at destroy.

sublimate
verb |ˈsəbləˌmāt|
1 [ trans. ] (esp. in psychoanalytic theory) divert or modify (an instinctual impulse) into a culturally higher or socially more acceptable activity : people who will sublimate sexuality into activities which help to build up and preserve civilization | he sublimates his hurt and anger into humor.

A dictionary is but a click away these days.

One should not extirpate his thought, he should sublimate it.

edit on 1-12-2012 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

Yea I know that just wanted to see if you knew,
lol

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

Originally posted by jiggerj

Wow! lol You put two 'maybe's and two 'perhaps'es into four sentences and tried to force them into some kind of truth. Personally, if I put a bunch of maybe's and perhapses into a theory, then I just mark it up to utter nonsense. I guess that's why I'll never believe in a god or follow any religion. I just can't base my life on the unprovable.

Less theory and more experience is my advice for you. Follow me in the Carrot State and I'll show you
By the way, how often do you laugh?

Good question, I cry more then I laugh,

Using scientific theory because some people only will accept that.

I believe that someday science will come full circle and find evidence of a creator, science and spirituality are complimentary since they all come from the same source.
edit on 013131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Wow............

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Wow............

What did I do?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The info about brain death and particularly about the 'vegetable' that isn't in the MRI. Poor man.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The info about brain death and particularly about the 'vegetable' that isn't in the MRI. Poor man.

I agree, can you imagine?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Still catching up on this thread, but I had to pause and reply to this awesome analogy by jiggerrj...

I am very interested in meditation, lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, etc and definitely don't think such things are nonsense - but I am not a fan of organized religion, and I just love jiggerj's comment, here:

Jesus was crucified so that our sins would be forgiven. No, if Jesus were a god he could have said, "I now forgive sins." Death does not forgive sins. There is no connection between the two (death and forgiveness). It's like saying a cow did a dance so that birds could fly...It makes no sense.

You stated that magnificently! Thank you!

Now back to reading the thread, which I am finding fascinating.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ok, let me throw another angle in the mix. I am reading a book about NDE's written by a doctor. He states that brain dead people are put under when extracting organs, BECAUSE OTHERWISE THEY WILL START MOVING WILDLY.

The author asks the question what is brain dead?

Holy crap, that freaks me out!!! Please see my post about taking care of patients who were considered to be in a vegetative state HERE and you will see why.

What is the name of the book you are reading?

Thanks,
Gwynnhwyfar

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

It' a Dutch book by Pim van Lommel.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Thanks for that.
I see what she was saying to do with thoughts, but when she asked the lady if there's one thought that is stuck there and she said no, my answer is yes. I have one thought, which is something that was said to me with intent to hurt, that I can't get rid of. It's so easily triggered and once its there it takes control of my emotions. This could something else like I don't know how to forgive. I think I might know how to forgive but just can't forget.

What usually happens is that the mind recieves the 'one thought' that you don't like and then tries to resist it or cure it. The mind loves to try and cure everything.

That one thought is not always appearing. It comes and goes. When the thought appears see what happens in the body, feel it and look directly at that. Face it full on. Feel the hurt you believe is still there.

The cure is to look at the thought - see it, don't analyze. Then go directly to the body and feel the sensation that comes along with the thought. Stay with the body.
Delight in the being of life instead of running with the mind.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So if a person isn't here "now' that means that they do not exist? If a person is not around you , they do not exist since "Now" is all there is?

You do not believe in free-will of the body. Do you believe in free-will of the mind? Do people have control over their mind? If they do, then wouldn't certain thoughts lead to certain actions ? If they do not, then why does anything matter? Everything is unfolding and there is nothing anyone can do about ti anyway. they only reason to do something is because we think there is a purpose in the action - without the purpose of action - what motivates the body to action? Do you believe in sub-conscious mind? How do you know if you are "resisting" or if this is just something naturally occurring in mind that needs to happen?
edit on 3-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join