It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can make my thoughts become almost silent

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I am glad to hear im not the only one that have this ability, I discuesed this with my gf and friends, they say they are constantly thinking about somehing and analysing when speaking and resting.

I taken it a part futher, I can go for days without "thinking" loud, its just a void, even right now when im typing this. Its hard to explain but words just come flying out of my fingertips and mouth.. its like being in sync with my brain.
I been keeping better and better at this, and its really relaxing to me. living in the moment.

Should your bloodtype be Rh negative by any chance ?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Thinking is like looking at the gear on a bike..
Not thinking is like being the bike and the road and the world and the universe..

There, ya see? It's analogies like this one that proves we can be 'wrong-thinkers' and come away believing the analogy is logical.

If thinking is like looking at the gear on a bike, then not thinking is like NOT looking at the gear on a bike. In no way, shape, or form, does NOT looking at the gear imply that we are the bike and the road and the universe. It's just not a valid argument.

We don't know what caused the Big Bang, so a god did it. No, one thing does not prove the other. We don't know why someone was suddenly cured of cancer, so it's a miracle. No, it means we just don't know the answer.

Jesus was crucified so that our sins would be forgiven. No, if Jesus were a god he could have said, "I now forgive sins." Death does not forgive sins. There is no connection between the two (death and forgiveness). It's like saying a cow did a dance so that birds could fly...It makes no sense.
edit on 12/1/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I don't believe that bible stuff... Not like you are portraying it obviously.. And cancer? Who are you responding to?

You Will not understand this by thought.. Hence why you Will never See. Sitting here arguing with me, when you could just do it and see..

"It is you who don't know who you are... You see he lives in You... Remember... Remember who you are.. Remember.."

You think you have to think to see. You do not. Not with the conscious mind. I can see a rainbow and not in my mind think "green, or yellow" or "beautiful" Experience without labels is the everything without thought.. The part of me that has thoughts is Ego.. It's more or less a tape recorder... There are other pieces and they are all you..

I'm not one of those people who preaches death to the ego. My version is a more closely joined body mind by bringing my awareness down into the depths of the void. You are not aware of this void, because it doesn't exist in thought.. If you think of nothing you've missed it because you have made it an object, separate from the bike..

These words cannot mean the right thing for you. Pearls are not meant to be handed out because it's not a logical (thinking process) that takes us there.. You don't understand it so you think it's bull.. You don't understand a lot of things and they are still valid.

You don't understand the analogy. All you said was no it doesn't mean that so its not valid. Logically invalid that argument is. I can't explain Who you Are if you don't know...

And if you want to get biblical on me again try this on for size.

"All life comes from other life." That's a rule in Biology for cell theory.. Imagine that...

What's missing here is that you have never experienced the void.. We could argue about this band I used to like called Narallis too.. You start.. Tell me how they can't be awesome... Use logic, Im sure you can figure it all out and act like you know them..

edit on 12/1/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
reply to post by QueenofWeird

I am glad to hear im not the only one that have this ability, I discuesed this with my gf and friends, they say they are constantly thinking about somehing and analysing when speaking and resting.

I taken it a part futher, I can go for days without "thinking" loud, its just a void, even right now when im typing this. Its hard to explain but words just come flying out of my fingertips and mouth.. its like being in sync with my brain.
I been keeping better and better at this, and its really relaxing to me. living in the moment.

Should your bloodtype be Rh negative by any chance ?

"it's just a void"
(nothing that is everything)

"Words just come flying out"
(of the void without coming up with them consciously breeding quicker thought patterns)

"It's like being in synch with my brain"
(my last post talking about ego and the unification of all body mind by bringing the awarness point into the void)

"Living in the moment"
(Now is always, but thinkers think time passes.. They don't know the everything that is NOW)

I know this person knows.. It's a gift of reading people that is useful to have.. My time would be better served talking to you, than someone who hasn't felt this.. It's not something you can explain with thoughts..

Explaining no thoughts with words thought out... Hahaha near impossible...

Maya is strong and it's not like the robots in the matrix put us here. Our thoughts create it.. Out of Eternity and into time... But it's not any further away than it ever was because it's always now...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If thinking is like looking at the gear on a bike, then not thinking is like NOT looking at the gear on a bike. In no way, shape, or form, does NOT looking at the gear imply that we are the bike and the road and the universe. It's just not a valid argument.

Here is a worse analogy that may be closer to where you are coming from.. Thinking is knowing how the gear turns as the pedals are pushed drawing the tires into a spin that propels the bike along. The Gyroscopic effect of the tires spin holds the bike up. Turning the handle bars in the front of the bike attached to the front wheel and to the frame on a swivel will change the direction of the potential energy built into the bike from the mass that has been accelerated by the force of someones muscles contracting and retracting...

And then not thinking is Riding the bike.

Not thinking is a scary bike to ride if you've always shielded your ego with thoughts..

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Thinking is like looking at the gear on a bike..
Not thinking is like being the bike and the road and the world and the universe..

There, ya see? It's analogies like this one that proves we can be 'wrong-thinkers' and come away believing the analogy is logical.

We don't know what caused the Big Bang, so a god did it. No, one thing does not prove the other. We don't know why someone was suddenly cured of cancer, so it's a miracle. No, it means we just don't know the answer.

Jesus was crucified so that our sins would be forgiven. No, if Jesus were a god he could have said, "I now forgive sins." Death does not forgive sins. There is no connection between the two (death and forgiveness). It's like saying a cow did a dance so that birds could fly...It makes no sense.
edit on 12/1/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

I don't believe that bible stuff... Not like you are portraying it obviously.. And cancer? Who are you responding to?

You Will not understand this by thought.. Hence why you Will never See. Sitting here arguing with me, when you could just do it and see..

"It is you who don't know who you are... You see he lives in You... Remember... Remember who you are.. Remember.."

You think you have to think to see. You do not. Not with the conscious mind. I can see a rainbow and not in my mind think "green, or yellow" or "beautiful" Experience without labels is the everything without thought.. The part of me that has thoughts is Ego.. It's more or less a tape recorder... There are other pieces and they are all you..

I'm not one of those people who preaches death to the ego. My version is a more closely joined body mind by bringing my awareness down into the depths of the void. You are not aware of this void, because it doesn't exist in thought.. If you think of nothing you've missed it because you have made it an object, separate from the bike..

These words cannot mean the right thing for you. Pearls are not meant to be handed out because it's not a logical (thinking process) that takes us there.. You don't understand it so you think it's bull.. You don't understand a lot of things and they are still valid.

You don't understand the analogy. All you said was no it doesn't mean that so its not valid. Logically invalid that argument is. I can't explain Who you Are if you don't know...

And if you want to get biblical on me again try this on for size.

"All life comes from other life." That's a rule in Biology for cell theory.. Imagine that...

What's missing here is that you have never experienced the void.. We could argue about this band I used to like called Narallis too.. You start.. Tell me how they can't be awesome... Use logic, Im sure you can figure it all out and act like you know them..

Honestly? I must know nothing because I have NO idea what you just wrote.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Here is a worse analogy that may be closer to where you are coming from.. Thinking is knowing how the gear turns as the pedals are pushed drawing the tires into a spin that propels the bike along. The Gyroscopic effect of the tires spin holds the bike up. Turning the handle bars in the front of the bike attached to the front wheel and to the frame on a swivel will change the direction of the potential energy built into the bike from the mass that has been accelerated by the force of someones muscles contracting and retracting...

Not thinking is a scary bike to ride if you've always shielded your ego with thoughts..

HAAA! What are you smoking??? You keep assigning Not Thinking to a process of thinking. It just doesn't work. lol Not thinking is not thinking about riding a bike, not thinking about handle bars, not thinking about energy, or mass or gears. Not thinking is NOT THINKING. It's a dead space. There is no action or process that can define not thinking. "Brain Dead" can define it, but brain dead isn't an action or process.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Honestly? I must know nothing because I have NO idea what you just wrote.

Yea.. Bit of a mess.. Just trying to put out different angles.. Hard to explain different angles on nothing..

Ehh. You had to be there..

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What Itisnowagain says, expressed differently:

Two birds, beautiful of wing, close companions, cling to one
common tree: of the two one eats the sweet fruit of the tree,
the other eats not but watches his fellow.

The soul is the bird that sits immersed on the one common
tree; but because he is not lord he is bewildered and has
sorrow. But when he sees that other who is the Lord and
beloved, he knows that all is His greatness and his sorrow
passes away from him.

When, a seer, he sees the Golden-hued, the maker, the Lord,
the Spirit who is the source..., then he becomes the
knower and shakes from his wings sin and virtue; pure
of all stain he reaches the supreme identity...

Vast is That, divine, its form unthinkable; it shines out sub-
tler than the subtle: very far and farther than farness, it is
here close to us, for those who have vision it is even here in
this world; it is here, hidden in the secret heart....

- Mundaka Upanishad (chapter three, section one).

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
No one can make their thoughts silent, because thoughts are noise.
No one can make their thoughts silent because there is no one - there is just noise appearing in the silence.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Beautiful post.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

HAAA! What are you smoking??? You keep assigning Not Thinking to a process of thinking. It just doesn't work. lol Not thinking is not thinking about riding a bike, not thinking about handle bars, not thinking about energy, or mass or gears. Not thinking is NOT THINKING. It's a dead space. There is no action or process that can define not thinking. "Brain Dead" can define it, but brain dead isn't an action or process.

You say brain dead is nothing.. I'll take you up on that.. But then you had to ruin it by "but it's not a process/action"

As if Nothing should be a thing, an action/process.. Shame on you. It is centered and all movement is around it.. You may circle it one day with thought, but never quite make it into the event horizon. It broadens horizons..

Jimi said it like this "Go ask the Axis."

You are thinking too much to understand not thinking.. It's like getting wet to stay dry.. You're going the wrong way.. turn around haha

You only believe no thinking to be "dead" space.. You havn't been there.. You don't know this.. I bet you think you get to die one day too?

Good luck with that,

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is easy for me, i've been doing this for about 2 years now.

I live within my thoughts and my head actually. 88% of my day is lived within my head.

It has helped me understand purpose, and many of the situations around me.
It has also given me some small ability to predict things. I think the reason for that is that my head can connect all logical feelings,events, and words, and sum it up into one thing.

I do not wish to speak more of this because this is private knowledge of mine.

but i am interested in reading other peoples thoughts/happenings

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo

I live within my thoughts and my head actually. 88% of my day is lived within my head.

Is it silent?
Is it peaceful?
edit on 2-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Nope, a positive.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo

It has helped me understand purpose, and many of the situations around me.
It has also given me some small ability to predict things. I think the reason for that is that my head can connect all logical feelings,events, and words, and sum it up into one thing.

I do not wish to speak more of this because this is private knowledge of mine.

but i am interested in reading other peoples thoughts/happenings

Boohoohooo I want to hear more

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok, let me throw another angle in the mix. I am reading a book about NDE's written by a doctor. He states that brain dead people are put under when extracting organs, BECAUSE OTHERWISE THEY WILL START MOVING WILDLY.

The author asks the question what is brain dead?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

What does 'dead' mean?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes indeed. Maybe the carrot state, in other words when my internal dialogue has gone, is a portal to [fill in].

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't think we should try to force our opinions on one-another but share personal experiences, spirituality is a personal journey, we are spiritual beings having a human experience, or am I just spirit walking, every breath I take is spiritual.

Who is to say what path we chose?

Perhaps nay Sayers test us and keep us on our toes like Job tested by Satan, Job's wife, ask

His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!"
Misery loves company

Oh and BTW someone under this topic had a rough night last night I was dreaming about you and trying to sooth your suffering.
edit on 013131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
Ok, let me throw another angle in the mix. I am reading a book about NDE's written by a doctor. He states that brain dead people are put under when extracting organs, BECAUSE OTHERWISE THEY WILL START MOVING WILDLY.

I read recently that there is no such thing as brain dead.

Don't trust a doctor that calls someone brain dead

By analyzing brain waves through a functional magnetic resonance imaging machine (fMRI), researchers were able to communicate with Scott Routley, a man who in the eyes of the medical world was a complete vegetable.

Routley was able to communicate to a research team that he was not in pain. The event was broadcast on the BBC’s Panorama program earlier this week.

Lead researcher Dr. Adrian Owen called the communication with Routley a “landmark moment” saying that “for the first time, a patient can actually tell us information, important information about how they’re feeling and their current situation.”

Dr. Owen, the head of the Brain and Mind Institute at the University of Western Ontario, explained to The Star that when the patient was told to imagine doing certain activities, the MRI scanner immediately picked up that specific activity in his brain.

“[F]or example, we ask him to imagine using his arms. Scott is unable to use his arms in reality, but it turns out he is perfectly able to imagine moving his arms,” he said.

Researchers communicated with Routley by asking him to respond to “yes or no” questions by imagining certain kinds of activities.

The new diagnosis technique will force doctors to take a second look at PVS patients who are possibly aware despite being trapped in a completely unresponsive body.

Alex Schadenberg, director of Euthanasia Prevention Coalition, hopes that the new diagnostic technique will be a boon for people falsely diagnoses as PVS.

“For many years research studies have proven that up to 40 percent of people who are deemed to be PVS are in fact not PVS. The new diagnostic techniques are now able to clearly identify a false diagnosis of PVS,” he told LifeSiteNews.com

www.lifesitenews.com...
I don't trust these damn doctors anymore they are in to big of a hurry to declare someone PVS they want those vital organs.

The research, presented to scientists last week at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), resurrects the debate over whether there is life after death and whether there is such a thing as the human soul.

"The studies are very significant in that we have a group of people with no brain function … who have well-structured, lucid thought processes with reasoning and memory formation at a time when their brains are shown not to function," Sam Parnia, one of two doctors from Southampton General Hospital in England who have been studying so-called near-death experiences (NDEs), told Reuters in an interview.
abcnews.go.com...
"We need to do much larger-scale studies, but the possibility is certainly there" to suggest that consciousness, or the soul, keeps thinking and reasoning even if a person's heart has stopped, he is not breathing and his brain activity is nil, Parnia said.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join