Ok so I had to jump back into this again.
1. Back in biblical times when the Jewish people first came about they were in Egypt hence that was their ancestral land if you really want to get
technical. I believe they were lead by an "angel" if you are a believer in the bible to a new home after being ousted by the Egyptians of the day.
That land was Israel.
2. After WW2 when they were settling everything after Hitlers fall. The US gave Israel back to the Jewish people and if I am not mistaken the British
Commonwealth gave land every close by Jordan I believe.
3. Originally Israel was a small mass of land after the 6 day war they took huge chunks of Egypt, Syria,and Jordan. The Chunks taken from Jordan
became the Palestinian state if I am not mistaken.
4. 45 yrs later Israel still occupies most of the land taken during the war. While it is common for land captured during war time to be kept. It is
also common for said land to be returned as part of treaties etc. In the case of Israel they decided well we needed more land anyway so lets expand
5. Ever since the 6 day war Israel has grown more and more bold (not dissimilar to the US after WW1 and 2) Israel went from being the victim to the
The problem with Israel is not what happened in the past its what they do now. Instead of trying to make peace with anyone they are constantly
threatening every one around them. The bully theory as I call it. They assume that by being bullies they are protecting themselves. When in fact they
are just pissing off their Arab neighbors. In my humble opinion it is not that all the Arab's want to kill Israel it is more that they feel Israel
wants to kill all of them.
There is absolutely no difference in what Israel is doing vs what was happening in Bosnia. The only difference is that the UN stepped in when it came
to Bosnia. No one steps in when it comes to Israel. Even though Israel is committing the same Ethnic Cleansing in the form of carpet bombing the Gaza
strip after Hamas lobs a few missiles over the border. Even though it is clear that Hamas is a terrorist organization not part of the Palestinian
Government. The Hamas Government is the farce. The Palestinian people do not want them they have even ousted their leaders. Kind of like the Taliban
government in Afghanistan just because they were run by the Taliban does not mean all Afghans are terrorists.
The problem in this world is that we Americans tend to see everything in black and white. So because our government told us that we were attacked by
Muslim extremists we have now dubbed all Muslims as Terrorist regardless of their locale. Our media tells us that Palestine has attacked Israel again
we assume that all Palestinians are out to kill Israel (even though they clearly state Hamas 9 times out of 10) Just because Israel claims that Iran
has nuclear ambitions we assume that Iran is out to kill everyone. Just because a loose translation of the Iranian president has been spread around
the internet (the internet never lies) does not mean that Iran wants to destroy Israel.
The questions I ask are simple.
1. Who is the one that is always threatening to kill everyone?
2. Have you ever heard the beloved Netanyahu call for peace?
3. Did you know that even when Israel attacked an American ship and killed several US servicemen nothing was even said to Israel?
4. Did you know that Jerusalem is a major part of the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim faith? (Funny how we fight over a religion that is about
5. When people say that the Muslim faith calls for the eradication of all non Muslims were you aware that in 1100 AD to 1600 AD Christians conducted
a war against anyone that was not Christian? ( I know a bit off topic)
Ok done with my rant
Just thought of one last question that must be asked.
Why is it that anyone that disagrees with or questions the Israeli government is dubbed a Anti-Semitic?
edit on 12/2/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)