It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Jimmy Carter SLAMS Netanyahu & Obama On Human Rights Violations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Heed the message everyone!
There's how many like this former President?
Imagine if we continued to have leaders such as him.... can you even imagine?

Take this then listen to Obama
Night and Day!!! If not darkness and light

Shame that it's on RT isn't it?

A Real gem of an interview, I wish there were more!
Imagine him and a Ron Paul ticket!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The brayings from a senile old peanut farmer?

Shall he be held accountable for the botch Teheran rescue attempt that led to the unnecessary deaths of patriotic servicemen as well as his ineptitude in resolving that hostage situation, making americans both home and within the Teheran embassy suffering for months.

Opps...he has sovereign immunity as a head of state. Guess no american was sorry to see him leave office as a compensation done deal.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Carter was a tool of the Tri-lateral Commission. He was supported by the TLC because he was known to support human rights.

He is being rolled out again.

I mean, who is going to oppose the concept of 'human rights'. No-one.

He needs to reflect upon the decision he made to fund the 'holy warriors', when he was President.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The brayings from a senile old peanut farmer?

What is this?
Ageism?

He's old, ya so what?
So is my father, does that I mean shouldn't listen to my father anymore?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Carter was a tool of the Tri-lateral Commission. He was supported by the TLC because he was known to support human rights.

He is being rolled out again.

I mean, who is going to oppose the concept of 'human rights'. No-one.

He needs to reflect upon the decision he made to fund the 'holy warriors', when he was President.

Ok so is this how this thread will go?
Ad Hominems?

Listen to the message not the man - Worf

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wow! for a clone carter's one hell of a patriot!

i'd like to comment further because i personally had a positive view of his 4 years in office, but with all the hatred still levied against him after all this time it's just not worth it.

that being said ... if you'd do your research ... you'd find he was the last good man we elected as president!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Yes, but that's made him a tool of the Tri-lateral commission. That's why they used him.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks OP for sharing that.

I enjoyed hearing his insight on those issues.

10 out of 30 basic human rights being violated.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
He was the only decent US president in my lifetime. A good guy. No wonder he was ousted.

Also to me, a former president bringing up US constitutional violations of citizens and privacy, and the illegal murders conducted by drones, not to mention the attempt by Israel to become one state. This should get lots of flags and alot more activity. You'd think!

I always wonder if we come on to share and post, and learn and grow, and instead the majority here aren't ordinary citizens.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have to say I'm always surprised about ATS' reaction to Jimmy Carter. His views match up with those of the members on here more so than any other President in recent memory. He came in to a bad situation when he became President and I don't think anyone else would have handled it any better. On top of that he's still out there trying to do good in the world. You can't really say the same of Clinton or the Bushes.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Carter's domestic policy was sound. His foreign was not to the liking of Americans. As to the botched Tehran debacle, he OK'd it. He didn't plan it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I find it hard to take President Carrer's protestations too seriously. This is the same Jimmy Carter who supplied the Indonesian military with enough planes and munitions to slaughter between 100,000 and 200,000 East Timorese, the same guy who supported the Somoza dictatorship in El Salvador and increased aid to the brutal
Nicaraguan regime who took part in The killings of several American nuns. Yes he's that beacon of light showing us the path if morality.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'd say it has more to do with how his public persona doesn't quite match up with the historical record.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Imagine if we continued to have leaders such as him.... can you even imagine?

*SHUDDER*

This isn't a fairy tale. No giant beanstalk leading to a magical harp and gold egg laying goose would have grown from the handfull of magic beans "leaders" like Jimmy Carter trade national property, prosperity, and sovreignity for.

It is actually more than a bit sad that Carter still, 32 years after the nation resoundingly told him "Get Out!" still feels the need to inject his opinions onto the big stage. Then again, it reminds us of the somewhat good old days, when Congress had enough of a spine to prevent a single president from the abillity to stack the deck leading up to an election with enough dependent voters to guarantee the Meal Ticket isn't thrown to the curb.

Sigh...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why is it that all the promise and hope that presents itself in a child can be stamped out by unforseen circumstances like disease and this dangerous, vapid, failure, of an elitist still draws breath and lumbers on long after his uselessness has been made so apparent back in the 70's?

God indeed has a sense of humor.
edit on 30-11-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

We know that due to the platypus. A duck billed beaver that is a mammal and lays eggs? It's also apparent that some in America care more for the messenger than the message. What's wrong with pulling for basic human rights?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

We know that due to the platypus. A duck billed beaver that is a mammal and lays eggs? It's also apparent that some in America care more for the messenger than the message. What's wrong with pulling for basic human rights?

Fine.. I'll run with that logic. Would you be intellectually honest and give credence to the same words if they came out of Palin's mouth? How about Glenn Beck? Bachman? Santorum?

It is an fallacy that you can't look at the messenger that is communicating the message because behind the message is the intent and the agenda. What's Jimmy Carters true motivation and incentive? We need to be watching his left hand and not be distracted by the magic trick he's performing with his right.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Fine.. I'll run with that logic. Would you be intellectually honest and give credence to the same words if they came out of Palin's mouth? How about Glenn Beck? Bachman? Santorum?

If they said the same thing, yes. I would agree with it. I'm not tuned in to the right vs left scenario. Hell, I'm not even American.

It is an fallacy that you can't look at the messenger that is communicating the message because behind the message is the intent and the agenda. What's Jimmy Carters true motivation and incentive? We need to be watching his left hand and not be distracted by the magic trick he's performing with his right.

Well, when you get out of the darkroom that is American right vs left politics maybe we will have something to discuss. Automatically labeling someone because of their political bent and not listening to the message is what's wrong in America today. Like you tried to do here. FTR I'm a Canadian conservative. BTW, bad examples of conservative thought group. They are no better than Carville(hate that guy), et al.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If they said the same thing, yes. I would agree with it. I'm not tuned in to the right vs left scenario. Hell, I'm not even American.

Well, when you get out of the darkroom that is American right vs left politics maybe we will have something to discuss. Automatically labeling someone because of their political bent and not listening to the message is what's wrong in America today. Like you tried to do here. FTR I'm a Canadian conservative. BTW, bad examples of conservative thought group. They are no better than Carville(hate that guy), et al.

Fair enough, I do not know you and if you say you can so be it. It is a fools errand from the perspective of a politician but if you claim to have defeated human nature in this aspect who am I to say you haven't.

There is no dark room, right, left with my argument concerning Carter so you can't move the conversation into the safe area that would give you liberty to badger me on those points. I won't have it.

This man is a political animal and views everything through the prism of politics. Whenever they utter anything you have to ask "Cui Bono?" and "To what end? " You might as well expect a tiger not to hunt. I view political and financial opportunists like him what is wrong with the WORLD in this day and age. Not just America.

top topics

join