It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone at WikiLeaks Discussion Forum has very robust material and documented evidence of UFO lies.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hey people I thought I would write this reply to clear a few things up, I am the person who wrote the material on the wikileaks forum...

1. The wikileaks post is unfinished.
2. I am unable to edit posts so I cannot update the information on the forum.
3. Yes I collected peer reviewed information from around the internet and from books which has been copied and pasted as reference for the dissertation style document I am working on which includes Einstein, Oppenheimer, Tesla etc involvement.
4. The SOM-01 document looks to be a hoax, but there is uncertainty hence the document being put in, as an explanation of the disinformation process.
5. anonfiles.com was where I put the file, it is where I backed up files Id found so as to have a backup incase any websites went down as they seem to in this line of research.
6. All I want is the truth, I dont want to force an opinion on anyone or threaten anyones belief system, all I want is the truth.
7. I have alot more research than you see on the wikileaks thread, the thread is literally 1% of what we know, when I say we, there is multiple ex military working on this, not just one person.
8. Dr Steven Greer may well be a disinformation agent, its his witness statements that we are interested in not him as much.
9. Bob Lazar, Collier, Bob Dean, Dan Burisch, chip Tatum, Clifford Stone etc etc are witnesses and our species is ignoring what they are saying...prove they are liars thats what we want, we want to be proved wrong because we wont learn the truth otherwise.
10. Loyd Pye and the Starchild skull, how is he a hoax...prove it...
11. Prove the documents are wrong, prove all the astronauts are mental and the government members are full of BS.
12. Prove that UFOs have not shut down our nuclear weapons or prove the people in charge are crazy either is important.
13. Why is it that when people get too close something happens to them, Tr Turner, Chip Tatum, Bill Cooper...

This research has sent me to the nut house for a week because I couldnt handle the lies we are being fed by our governments. My patriotism has been shattered...my trust in my government, intelligence service and police has been shattered. I have enough evidence now to see the truth and see how it all happened...I am working day and night to build a document that will show everything.

Human to human, I really believe governments around the world know the truth and have used murder and intimidation to keep secrets.

I believe if we do nothing then more innocent civilians will be hurt or murdered by our intelligence services and the military industrial complex.

I am not knowingly spreading disinformation and can assure people I have done the research and am continuing to do research every waking hour.

I know people dont have time, and I know why people dont have time...

Serious I am a normal person, I like a beer once in a while, I like to laugh and joke with friends and family...

I have no reason to lie, my drive is the people who are starving, people who are dying because they cant afford to heat their homes, young children who are being abused around the world...humanity, that is my drive...people who are not as fortunate as I am.

If anyone wants me to answer questions I will try and keep this account open but Im not an ATS fan since I heard rumors ATS was an intelligence mechanism.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
To add to something I read back in the posts, the SOM-01 document does not look like any Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) we have ever seen. There would be no need for a brief history in an SOP, that would be done in presentations in a classroom environment most likely in our experience...it would be a step by step numbered guide...while saying that why would someone hoax something like that, it doesnt make logical sense...it's a lot of effort which may show that some sort of professional involvement like special effects, CIA disinformation etc etc...the document does show the TR-3B and the cone shaped craft...which backs up what people have been reporting when you look at the patterns in the types of craft reported.

Our research has been done using Who, What, When, Where, Why and How from computer forensics...

We know project management methodologies and all sorts of wonderful training we have had over the years from military and university.

We understand credibility of source...if the source comes from somewhere like youtube then its not really credible but if it comes from somewhere like IEEE or RFC it stands a better chance of being the real deal.

We understand what we are saying and understand the consequences, the only reason we are anonymous is because of the people involved, and the only way they can get who we are is through interaction with our government or military and then that will blow open a door of corruption.

I dont think some people understand just how serious we are and the consequences of the information we reveal.

Our governments are filling peoples heads with BS on a daily basis...they paint a picture that is painted in layers...some layers only visible to the people who know they exist.

We pay to be lied to, we pay for others to be killed in our name, we pay to be spied on, we pay for children to be molested in our name...

We seem to be fighting amongst each other when we should all be fighting the intelligence services and the government. It is those said parties that are using our money and trust against us, making us fight amongst ourselves.

Researchers need to work together instead of fighting like school girls, while we fight amongst ourselves the governments just carry on with their corruption.

"we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed" (JFK).

The truth is out in the open, it just needs a little bit of time and effort to put the pieces together. The truth comes from the mouths of the astronauts and the military...we have a habit of relying on men to protect us, when those men come forward to tell us truth that we may not like we immediately punish them and call them names, discredit them or threaten them.

When the evidence is collected together and you see hundreds of scientists and military personnel coming forward putting their lives on the line along with the lives of their family to get the truth out to the public and the public then mocks them, It is crazy...governments dont care about us the people, they really dont, trillion dollar lawsuit, 43 trillion dollar lawsuit, chemical weapons tests 1940-1979, pedophilia in government, constant wars...theres so much information out there in the public domain.

We could of fixed this planet by now if it wasnt for politics, politics is one of the greatest threats to humanity in my opinion...they would rather lie to keep a clean persona than convict pedophiles threatening children, I know Ive researched the issue in depth.

We need to do more as a species to get this information out, some of the people debunking dont realize they will benefit ten fold when the truth comes out, all the money going in fuel will be no longer needed, we will be able to meet new civilizations and learn new skills.

I feel we are at a stage in evolution where we cross over from one way of thinking to another, the old way was brought on by paranoia and war, the new way of thinking has been brought on through education and understanding.

Please just research and get as much information out to the public...we are not alone, and people are being killed trying to get that information to the public.

Forget western propaganda driven media that shows disinformation...please just help get the truth out in 2013.

Regards

Jon Doe

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

No anything goes is disinformation, I have selected a wide range of military personnel, doctors, professors, police astronauts, presidents, pilots, congress, etc etc...so no it isnt anything goes...and we have no editing functionality at wikileaks currently...

I have spent a lot of hours, thousands of hours in fact...The point in the research was to stick to credible witnesses and I think we have achieved that so far...we want you to prove us wrong...

Please be aware of forum spies who go around trying to discredit what people are saying, wanting to implant doubt in a persons mind...Im not saying anyone is at this point, I am simply saying to others who read this post to beware and use judgement as to if a person is trying to discredit which is often used in this line of research.
edit on 7-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PieceOfThePuzzle

People who believe in UFOs are already discredited, sadly, simply by believing!! It doesn't take some cobbled together hoax junk to do that

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This post keeps getting better. Wikileaks .. A conspiracy theory about a conspiracy on a conspiracy website. EBE's ending the Cold War. My first post kicked me off the net and gave me a security error. Its like someone actually watches you type before you can even post it lol

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I understand what people are saying
ridicule is something you find often in this line of research...All Im saying is lots of high ranking military are coming forward and saying ET is real...I believe them...they are saying ETs are shutting down our nuclear weapons, all over the globe...USA, Russia etc etc

Im not phased by the comments, its expected to be honest...disinformation, forum spies etc etc...we are taking on the intelligence services after all
its not just us saying "someone popped our balloon", we are saying "The CIA is killing people to keep a secret from the public" and "a small elite have allowed abductions for technology".

500+ military witnesses and two ET bodies being genetically tested...if I ever thought I was wrong, I only have to read over the evidence and it is concreted in my mind. Multiple astronauts and Cosmonauts...papers tested forensically...if it was any other subject the judge would of said guilty...but since we are talking ETs the government policies that have been designed to discredit people are scientifically done...with endless funding...

Why would the industrial complex want information out in the public domain...they lose the upper hand...which they currently have...when you look closer you start to see the technology is in the hands of a handful of religious men...

The people who hold the technology have everything to lose and nothing to gain from the release of the technology.

Currently, with the technology hidden away, the people currently holding the technology for humanity (babysitters) can use it against us. Once that technology is out in the open the babysitters will no longer hold the power. Fossil fuels will be no longer needed so the companies we currently depend on will go out of work...politicians are business men also, with investments in oil, gas, coal etc...so they will lose money...

We live in someone elses vision of reality...

Remote viewing, funded by the CIA...still used today...someone was trying to make fun of remote viewing...disinformation at its best...remote viewing has been used by the CIA for many years and it is a capability all humans posses...CIA etc wouldn't want people to know the truth about what they are capable of. Remote viewing is something real...humans are like transceivers, we can transmit and receive information...

Time in non linear, mind is not restricted by time...the accepted norm is that we live in a 4 dimensional reality, up, down, left, right, forward, back and then time. String theory comes up with multiple possibilities, 10, 11 and 26 dimensions...

Anyway I cannot please everyone, I wish I could...what I am writing is honest...

Please just make up your own mind on the information provided and dont listen too much to outside influence...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
so basically like every other thread here, we have to come to 1 or 2 conclusions
A ITS A HOAX

B NO CONCLUSION

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No it isnt a hoax, I assure you it is no hoax.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by oxjondoexo

I'm sure there is a lot of truth already in much of what you are saying, and certainly a great deal of sincerity, .

However, since you are clearly a genuine seeker of truth and strive to quell mere rumor and innuendo, I am particularly intrigued by this aside:

...I heard rumors ATS was an intelligence mechanism.

So, help out your fellow seekers-of-truth a tad. Would you mind elaborating on this a bit, at least defining your interpretation of what "an intelligence mechanism" entails...

Thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
More papers...

Rockefeller Initiative

www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

An intelligence mechanism in this context is multiple websites setup to gather information from the public in specific areas of interest.

Ex CIA pilot John Lear was kicked off ATS some time ago.

You can google all the fuss about ATS...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Heres some information on the SOM-01 document for people to make up their own mind...

www.cufos.org...

exopoliticsjournal.com...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.roswellfiles.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
More people to research...

Dr John Edward Mack PhD - johnemackinstitute.org...
Dr. Karla Turner, PhD
Dr Leo Sprinkle, PhD
Dr Cristianne Quiros Ph.D
Dr Carol Rosin
Councillor/Midwife Mary Rodwell - www.acern.com.au...
Detective Butch Witkowski
Mitchell-Hedges Crystal Skull - www.mitchell-hedges.com...
Ex MI6 James Casbolt/Michael Prince

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Butch Witkowski, Homicide Detective

According to research carried out by Witkowski (2009) 250,000 people go missing per annum in the United States of America. On a global scale 2.5-2.7 million people go missing per year, 95% of the people missing are found, 70% of which are missing children. Witkowski (2009) claims that some of the reasons for people going missing include spouse abuse, cheating and murder. Out of the 2.5-2.7 million people world wide that go missing 30,000 are never found as if they have disappeared from the face of the Earth, man, woman and child.

Pennsylvania 2002 - Day 1

On Sunday 4th August 2002, a 39 year old white male by the name Todd Sees disappeared in Pennsylvania.

Sees lived at the base of Montour Ridge in Northumberland County near the town of Northumberland, Pennsylvania.

On the morning of the 4th Sees got up early, got dressed in his boots, camouflage vest, hat, socks, pants, jumped on his ATV and decided to go to Montour Ridge to spot early season deer on a portion of his 80-acre property. Before leaving Sees told his wife Sue Sees he would be back by noon, he rode his ATV up the power lines behind his home just after 5:00am (Davenport, 2002; Moore, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

At 5:30 a.m. a farmer and 3 fisherman on the Susquehanna river spotted a craft on the western end of Montour Ridge hovering above the power lines. The farmer said the craft appeared out of nowhere, he could see sparks coming from the tower and falling to the ground. The incident lasted around 10 minutes before the craft got very bright and took off in a western direction, the craft stopped and went straight up before disappearing in seconds. The farmer claims the horses on his farm were spooked for around 12 hours after the incident (Davenport, 2002).

Noon came and went, at 12:30 p.m. Nick Sees, Todd Sees's 18 year old son found his fathers ATV on the west end of Montour Ridge two miles from the family home (Moore, 2002).

At around 2:00 p.m. Sees's wife Sue contacted the Point Township police department, at 2:30 p.m. Northumberland Borough Fire Chief Josh Newbury received a call from Sue Sees and a search immediately followed. Local police, state police, paramedics, approximately 200 volunteers, bloodhounds and search/rescue dogs worked together to try and locate Mr Sees (Davenport, 2002; Moore, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

Before the search could commence, one group of searchers had to wait several hours for 3 tracking dogs from Northstar Search and Rescue of Selingrove, once the dogs arrived James Shaffer and the search team were sent into heavy woodland to try and pick up Todd Sees's scent (Moore, 2002).

By 6 p.m. a state police helicopter from Hazelton had flown over Montour Ridge looking for Todd Sees, around the same time Geise was requesting bloodhounds be brought in to assist the search/rescue dogs (Moore, 2002).

At about 7:45 p.m. the bloodhound was on the scene and Geise decided he had to send 25 volunteers out on foot to begin a sweep of the 6 square mile search area (Moore, 2002).

The search team located Sees's ATV previously found by Nick Sees 2 miles from his home at the top of Montour Ridge near a power line but search/rescue dogs could find nothing to go on around the ATV.

Searchers found one of Sees's shoes approximately 78 feet in the air in a tree 1 mile away from the ATV. Divers searched his pond which is located 25 yards from his house and found nothing (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

At 10pm the search was called off for the night and started again the following morning. Search coordinator Point Township Fire Chief Leon Geise said six teams with K-9 dogs planned to resume the search at 6 a.m. Monday 5h August, 2002 (Davenport, 2002; Moore, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

Pennsylvania 2002 - Day 2

On Monday 5th August 2002, later in the afternoon in a thicket of bushes between 25-150 yards away from Todd Sees home near the pond one of the searchers sees something white in a heavily wooded area overgrown with bushes. Firemen start digging into the bushes and have to cut into it with axes and power tools (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

They find Sees in his underwear, he is pale white and emaciated (extremely thin), had he been dead for 24-36 hours, the coroner said he should have been bloated (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

There was no liver mortise, no rigamortis, nothing but a few scratches from the bramble bushes he was entangled in (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

Three feet away from Sees was a dead rattle snake, with the same time of death, Sees was not bitten by the rattle snake (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

The body was described by people at the scene as having his arms bent as if in the lower end of a press up, hands flat near his head, he had a look of horror on his face. Sees also had a one and a half inch burn mark on his left temple (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

The search team and dogs had been scouring the site for 30+ hours and no one had seen anything in that area (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

Chief Gary Steffen, Chief of Police for the Point Township police department identified the body on scene since he was personally acquainted with the victim therefore the family were never asked to verify the body (Davenport, 2002).
edit on 8-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Within 30 minutes of Sees's body being found the FBI arrive on scene and take charge of the investigation (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

The F.B.I. told police and rescue workers to “not to tell people anything” (Davenport, 2002).

FBI questioned people in the area, three farmers on one farm two miles away from Sees's residents, said they saw what they believed to be a tube shaped bright object above the tree line and power line, it was silent, it did not move for about 10 to 15 minutes. It suddenly went up...and suddenly stopped, a beam come from the craft and something was being lifted into it. They could not explain what it was. The craft then went straight up, hesitated, then went west over the Susquehanna River before disappearing out of site (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

The body was removed without a coroner on the scene, Pennsylvania law requires if a body is found, as an example with the head laying in a separate location from the body, a police officer cannot pronounce you dead, a coroner is required (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

The body was removed to Fort Indiantown Gap, FBI stopped anyone from the family viewing the body and no one was aloud to view the body before it was interred (Davenport, 2002; Witkowski, 2009).

Point town ship has about a six man police department, their statement after the event was that Todd Sees's information on how he died would be forthcoming in about 6-8 weeks when the family could have Sees's body back, toxicology had to take place, they wanted to know what was in the blood, what happened, was there any foul play which they ruled out (Witkowski, 2009).

Davenport (2002) claims a police officer said after 2 autopsies, nothing was found. A toxicology test revealed nothing. No visible cuts or bruises anywhere except from the bramble bush. The body would be moved from Allentown, to the National Guard Training Center, Fort Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania. The police officer noticed military helicopters scouring the mountain ever since Sees was found at least once a day. Moore (2002) states that an autopsy failed to conclude a cause of death. Moore (2002) also states Northumberland County Coroner James Kelley said the autopsy revealed Sees had been dead between 24 hours to 36 hours, but found no signs of trauma or of coronary disease.

7 ½ weeks later the toxicology report came back, which claimed Todd Sees died of a coc aine overdose (Witkowski, 2009).

Witkowski (2009) states he has seen a lot of coc aine over doses but has never seen one where a guy threw his shoe up in a tree, no footprints around his vehicle, and there was always a coroner on scene.

With the events just mentioned in mind, Witkowski (2009) tried a Freedom of Information Request to the police department, he was told it is still an open case. Witkowski (2009) then asked the question “why did they say Todd died of a coc aine overdose? “, “Is that the cause of death?”, “Yes” the policeman replied. Witkowski (2009) then said “if that is the cause of death then that is case closed”, “No it isn’t“ replied the police officer. Witkowski (2009) was then threatened with harassment charges for asking questions.

Witkowski (2009) does not believe Sees died of a coc aine overdose, he states “coc aine overdose does not leave a burn on your temple, coc aine overdose does not make you disappear for 36-40 hours, I find it hard to believe 200 searchers with dogs and cadaver dogs walked passed this body for two days and didn't see it”.

Davenport, Peter, (2002). Possible ET Abduction And Death Of PA Man Reported.
National UFO Reporting Center. United States of America.
www.nuforc.org...
Accessed 08/01/2013

Davenport, Peter, (2002). Possible ET Abduction And Death Of PA Man Reported.
National UFO Reporting Center. United States of America.
rense.com...
Accessed 08/01/2013

Moore, Marcia, (2002).
The Daily Item newspaper, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. United States of America.
www.nuforc.org...
Accessed 08/01/2013

Witkowski, Butch, (2013). Butch Witkowski.
Benchmark Investigative Group Inc. United States of America.
www.ozufo.net...
Accessed 08/01/2013

Witkowski, Butch, (2009). Butch Witkowski.
Pennsylvania MUFON conference. United States of America.
www.youtube.com...
Accessed 08/01/2013
edit on 8-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Human Mutilations

Autopsy Report

Hybrid, (2012). The Most Disturbing Case of Alien Abduction Ever.
Alien Video. United States of America.
www.alienvideo.net...
Accessed 09/01/2013

Ecker, Don, (). The Human Mutilation Factor.
Think About It Enterprises. United States of America.
www.think-aboutit.com...
Accessed 09/01/2013

Lyster, Karen, (2000). UFO RESOURCE CENTER HUMAN MUTILATION PHOTOGRAPHS FROM BRAZIL.
UFO Resource Center. United States of America.
uforc.com...
Accessed 09/01/2013

Schellhorn, G. Cope, (). UFO-Related Homicide in Brazil: The Complete Story [from International UFO Magazine]
www.think-aboutit.com...
Accessed 09/01/2013

Swartz, Tim, (1997). Are UFOs responsible for mysterious human mutilations?
www.think-aboutit.com...
Accessed 09/01/2013

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjsirius
The government documents are incredible. Whoever this person is the thoroughness of his effort and scope of his material lend even more credibility to his effort as he has completed one helluva lot of work.

www.wikileaks-forum.com...

Thanks for the link! The "exploitation of herd mentality" will be the most interesting read!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"There exists in our nation today a powerful and dangerous secret cult -- the cult of intelligence. Its holy men are the clandestine professionals of the Central Intelligence Agency. Its patrons and protectors are the highest officials of the federal government. Its membership, extending far beyond governmental circles, reaches into the power centers of industry, commerce, finance, and labor. Its friends are many in the areas of important public influence -- the academic world and the communications media. The cult of intelligence is a secret fraternity of the American political aristocracy. The purpose of the cult is to further the foreign policies of the U.S. government by covert and usually illegal means, while at the same time containing the spread of its avowed enemy, communism. Traditionally, the cult's hope has been to foster a world order in which America would reign supreme, the unchallenged international leader. Today, however, that dream stands tarnished by time and frequent failures. Thus, the cult's objectives are now less grandiose, but no less disturbing. It seeks largely to advance America's self-appointed role as the dominant arbiter of social, economic, and political change in the awakening regions of Asia, Africa, and Latin America. And its worldwide war against communism has to some extent been reduced to a covert struggle to maintain a self-serving stability in the Third World, using whatever clandestine methods are available" (Marchetti & Marks, 1974).

"This cult is patronized and protected by the highest level government officials in the world. It's membership is composed of those in the power centers of government, industry, commerce, finance, and labor. It manipulates individuals in areas of important public influence - including the academic world and the mass media. The Secret Cult is a global fraternity of a political aristocracy whose purpose is to further the political policies of persons or agencies unknown. It acts covertly and illegally" (Marchetti & Marks, 1974).

"Socially as well as professionally they cliqued together, forming a sealed fraternity. They ate together at their own special favorite restaurants; they partied almost only among themselves; their families drifted to each other, so their defenses did not always have to be up. In this way they increasingly separated themselves from the ordinary world and developed a rather skewed view of that world. Their own dedicated double life became the proper norm, and they looked down on the life of the rest of the citizenry. And out of this grew what was later named -- and condemned -- as the "cult" of intelligence, an inbred, distorted, elitist view of intelligence that held it to be above the normal processes of society, with its own rationale and justification, beyond the restraints of the Constitution, which applied to everything and everyone else" (Marchetti & Marks, 1974).

Marchetti, Victor & Marks, John D. (1974). The CIA and the Cult of Intelligence. ISBN 0-394-48239-5.
edit on 9-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Dr Henry Makow, PhD

Makow, Henry, (2012). MI-6 MK ULTRA: a UK Survivor's Story.
www.henrymakow.com...
Accessed 09/01/2013

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If this gos down I have multiple backups...including screen shots and copies of the website...as well as the MOU...

Secret Agreement Reveals Covert Program to Hide Reclassification from Public

www.gwu.edu...

Washington D.C., 11 April 2006 - The National Archives and Records Administration secretly agreed to a covert effort, led by the Air Force, the CIA, and other still-hidden intelligence entities, to remove open-shelf archival records and reclassify them while disguising the results so that researchers would not complain, according to a previously secret Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The secret agreement, made between the Air Force and the National Archives, was declassified pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act request by the National Security Archive and posted on the NARA website yesterday.

The heavily excised MOU, signed by assistant archivist Michael Kurtz in March 2002, reveals that the National Archives agreed that the existence of the program was to be kept secret as long as possible: "it is in the interests of both [excised] and the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to avoid the attention and researcher complaints that may arise from removing material that has already been publicly available," states the MOU. NARA agreed that the withdrawal sheets indicating the removal of documents would conceal any reference to the program and "any reason for the withholding of documents."

NARA also agreed to conceal the identities of the intelligence personnel who were reviewing and removing the documents, according to the agreement, including from NARA's own staff. "NARA will not disclose the true reason for the presence of [deleted agency] AFDO [deleted] personnel at the Archives, to include disclosure to persons within NARA who do not have a validated need-to-know."

"This secret agreement reveals nothing less than a covert operation to white-out the nation's history, aided and abetted by the National Archives" (National Security Archive executive director Thomas Blanton).
edit on 9-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join