It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto to Get Congress Overrule American Courts and Your Right to Eat NON GMO Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Monsanto wants Congress to pass a law that would allow new genetically engineered crops to be planted even when courts rule that the US Department of Agriculture has approved them illegally. Federal courts have recognized the importance of "a farmer's choice to grow non-genetically engineered crops, or a consumer's choice to eat non-genetically engineered food". Monsanto's law would make that ruling meaningless.

salsa3.salsalabs.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Could someone please tell me, if Monsanto is not evil, why they keep pushing to make sure everyone has no choice but to eat their products? If nothing else, aren't they becoming a monopoly, which I thought was illegal?

How long will it be before they start suing the few companies that are still selling organic seeds?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Another reason is simply profits. Not necessarily evil.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
profit over people is evil

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
profit over people is evil

yeah, and it has been normal for thousands of years. that's why the elites know that the majority of people are stupid, history proves it over and over.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Could someone please tell me, if Monsanto is not evil, why they keep pushing to make sure everyone has no choice but to eat their products? If nothing else, aren't they becoming a monopoly, which I thought was illegal?

How long will it be before they start suing the few companies that are still selling organic seeds?

All one need to do is look at Monsanto's products and history and they will see it has always been evil.

Monsanto Products:
Agent Orange, PCB, Round-up, GMO Food Crops, DDT, Dioxin, Saccharin

History:
Monsanto was heavily involved during WWII in the creation of the first nuclear bomb for the Manhattan Project
They have a connection to Hitler's IG Farben (Bayer) in Nazi Germany.
There's more of course.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Yeah, that's why I really don't understand how anyone that does the slightest bit of homework on them, can defend them in any way.
Take away GMO foods for a minute.
With everything else they have been involved with, is there anything that is actually not harmful to humans?
And yet with that track record, we are suppose to think GMO foods are just fine? And that they would care if they weren't?

It's more than a bit frustrating.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That Prop 37, calling for the labeling of GMOs,here in California didn't pass was reason for suspicion.
With the power Monsanto has, I doubt it's any wonder that it didn't.

I still don't know if all the votes ever got counted.

GMO Labeling Prop 37 Vote-Fraud Update: 3.3 Million Votes Still Uncounted
www.infiniteunknown.net...

"The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."~Stalin

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just wanted to say I gave a flag and stars all around except OccamsRazor04, he seems the devil's advocate in most posts I've seen his replies in. Still haven't decided if he is an agent provocateur yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm going to go with Monsanto being evil over just plain greedy.
I can tolerate a little greed , but Monsanto goes beyond greed!

And knowing what they know about the danger to human life, and doing it anyway, that is knowingly doing evil, imo.

new topics

top topics

join