It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Invades Iraq, Spends Trillions, China Gets all the Oil...Great...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I find it slightly upsetting that as Americans died to go into Iraq, spend trillions of dollars, reports are coming out that China will dominate the country and get most of its oil. China it seems forgave most of its debt. It is now going in and spending billions of dollars getting all the oil. Considering how many Americans died, I think its only fair America at least get to buy the oil there and lower oil prices. We free them from Saddam and they sell to China? Something is not right....

thediplomat.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by travis911

But the banks who own the oil companies and bribed all the politicians to do it in the first place still get the money.

It's all rather obvious really ..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
I find it slightly upsetting that as Americans died to go into Iraq, spend trillions of dollars, reports are coming out that China will dominate the country and get most of its oil. China it seems forgave most of its debt. It is now going in and spending billions of dollars getting all the oil. Considering how many Americans died, I think its only fair America at least get to buy the oil there and lower oil prices. We free them from Saddam and they sell to China? Something is not right....

thediplomat.com...

Yup the whole Iraq and Afghanistan War was to prepare the countries for Chinese interests and resources to go to the Chinese to help repay debt. Basically the United States of America is a hitman.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Why do you think our soldiers are in Afghanistan? My brother was there as a contractor, other than guarding poppy fields, our soldiers are guarding chinese miners, who are mining the rare earth elements and rare minerals.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Great result! Now maybe governments will begin to learn that strong-arm tactics don't always get you what you want and being the biggest, fattest kid in the schoolyard doesn't automatically mean you get all the other kids sweets.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
But.. but.. but... they had weapons of mass destruction!

Oh wait... turns out they didn't. That was just a fairytale floated by the Bush administration to justify going to war.

So why did we spend trillions again?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

the spice must flow...

It was our show, China is really getting on my nerves. I don't understand how our government tolerates this crap.

I thought they were hard core Hawks, yet the red dragon makes them hesitate.....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
China getting the oil was part of the plan all the time. Our big businesses rely on Chinese imports. Go figure, to keep the present flawed economic system in place, big business and now China benefit instead of the people of the USA. I think this may have been preplanned.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm going to me a less intuitive argument and suggests that China didn't purposefully outmaneuver the U.S. on this one. Honestly, I think Chinese companies were willing to take a risk on starting mineral/oil mining operations in a region that is, and had a history of being, politically and socially volatile. Americans companies figured that the cost of starting operations in a such a region wasn't worth it--particularly in Afghanistan. This was more opportunist than strategic or conspiratorial on the part of China. Honestly, when U.S. troops leave in the near future, I'm sure it will be hard for the Chinese government to justify ponying up the security costs it will take to shield their corporate actors. They will no doubt leave too. Nothing to see here but the usual state and corporate opportunism. Hell, America would probably do this too, if we had the opportunity.

-Ghoster
edit on 30-11-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
We free them from Saddam and they sell to China? Something is not right....

i agree, its awful.

Hey, why don't i break into your house, shoot you and your family dead, lay claim to the houses' belongings only to find out that your Will gives everything to your next door neighbor.

That is just unthinkable. How could you do that. Keep your belongings away from a thief. Its disgraceful.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

During OIF 2-3 I saw PLA soldiers in Kurdish areas occasionally north of the green line. Upon my third tour returning to the area, they were all over the place.

It is disconcerting to see the PRC flag flying in Iraq.

But the US government deemed to show that the invasion was not about oil and it was up for grabs to the highest bidder.

China yaun…

Pun intended.

top topics

join