It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK doctor admits to practice of euthanizing babies and children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is scary; not only are they euthanizing the elderly, now the hospitals in the UK have begun the practice on children and babies. To make matters worse; they're depriving them of food and fluids to do it which can result in an agonizing death over the course of 10 days!

Its called the Liverpool Care Pathway (LCP) and was intended to be used only for terminal elderly patients. Some criticize it as a self fufilling prophecy when used on children and babies and some parents who have taken their kids off of the LCP have seen their children make a full recovery after being told there was no hope.

Now sick babies go on death pathway: Doctor's haunting testimony reveals how children are put on end-of-life plan

Until now, end of life regime the Liverpool Care Pathway was thought to have involved only elderly and terminally-ill adults.But the Mail can reveal the practice of withdrawing food and fluid by tube is being used on young patients as well as severely disabled newborn babies.

One doctor has admitted starving and dehydrating ten babies to death in the neonatal unit of one hospital alone.

Writing in a leading medical journal, the physician revealed the process can take an average of ten days during which a baby becomes ‘smaller and shrunken’.

One seen by the Mail, called ‘Liverpool Pathway for the Dying Child’ is issued by the Royal Liverpool Children’s NHS Trust in conjunction with the flagship children’s hospital Alder Hey. It includes tick boxes, filled out by hospital doctors, on medicines, nutrients and fluids to be stopped.

The LCP was devised by the Marie Curie Palliative Care Institute in Liverpool for care of dying adult patients more than a decade ago. It has since been developed, with paediatric staff at Alder Hey Hospital, to cover children. Parents have to agree to their child going on the death pathway, often being told by doctors it is in the child’s ‘best interests’ because their survival is ‘futile’.

The doctor wrote: ‘They wish for their child to die quickly once the feeding and fluids are stopped. They wish for pneumonia. They wish for no suffering. They wish for no visible changes to their precious baby.

‘Their wishes, however, are not consistent with my experience. Survival is often much longer than most physicians think; reflecting on my previous patients, the median time from withdrawal of hydration to death was ten days.

Daily Mail

One of the worst cases in that article details a 14 year old boy put on the LCP whose tongue became stuck to the roof of his mouth and lived for days in agony as doctors refused to give him any fluids or moisture to help get it unstuck.

I think Bishop Clemens von Galen put it best when he criticized the Nazi euthinasia program in the 1930's;

...in the opinion of some department, on the testimony of some commission, they have become 'worthless life' because according to this testimony they are 'unproductive national comrades.' The argument goes: they can no longer produce commodities, they are like an old machine that no longer works, they are like an old horse which has become incurably lame, they are like a cow which no longer gives milk.

No, we are dealing with human beings, our fellow human beings, our brothers and sisters. With poor people, sick people, if you like: unproductive people.

But have they for that reason forfeited the right to life?

Have you, have I the right to live only so long as we are productive, so long as we are recognized by others as productive?

Then, it is only necessary for some secret edict to order that the method developed for the mentally ill should be extended to other 'unproductive' people, that it should be applied to those suffering from incurable lung disease, to the elderly who are frail or invalids, to the severely disabled soldiers. Then none of our lives will be safe any more. Some commission can put us on the list of the 'unproductive,' who in their opinion have become worthless life. And no police force will protect us and no court will investigate our murder and give the murderer the punishment he deserves

Who will be able to trust his doctor any more?

Lewrockwell

This is what happens when the corporate mindset takes over in government; we only have value so long as we remain productive economic units, after that, we should be disposed of in order to not become a burden on society.

Welcome to the Brave New World.

edit on 11/30/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
This is what happens when the corporate mindset takes over in government; we only have value so long as we remain productive economic units, after that, we should be disposed of in order to not become a burden on society.

Welcome to the Brave New World.

I largely agree with this. I've argued long and hard about the NHS on here in the past. Dirty hospital stories? Bankrupt trust hospitals? Rationed care? The vast bulk of these have happened since backdoor semi-privatisation. I'm not naive enough to think the NHS was always perfect, but introducing the concept of 'markets' to the NHS is bollocks. It was just an opportunity to fleece the taxpayer. Behind all the changes to the NHS in recent years have been, largely American, 'healthcare' lobbyists.

Over the last 5 years at least, I've watched with fascinated horror as a mainly right wing press have pushed NHS disaster stories without reporting how the private sector have been involved (as they are with all Trust hospitals). Instead, they push the line that it's the faulty, inefficient public sector that's at fault (despite the fact that these places are, to all intents and purposes, run by the private sector). Then they anger their readers into thinking that the private sector is the answer. It's the private sector that's the problem!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank goodness someone finally came out about this! Hopefully some families who were considering putting their children or elderly family members into such a facility will hear about this doctor's revelations and have second thoughts about it. What a horrible way to die! Who on earth would want that for their loved one?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

First of all, he's not euthanizing them.
Euthanization is when you give a dying being an overdose of barbituates that puts them to sleep and stops their heart.
What this doctor and others are doing is much more sinister and cruel to further their agenda(s) and line their pockets.
Please see my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I wouldn't doubt they kill them this way to save their organs.

The article does also mention the government apparently provides a financial incentive to put more people "on the plan" and the hospitals are pushed to keep as many beds open as possible.

I would hate to think of how many loved ones were put down prematurely because a hospital was looking toward filling a government quota or trying to get a bed open for a more profitable client.

JAK

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
In order to keep all information and commentary on this topic in a single thread I'll close this one and ask everyone to visit the one posted earlier which, as Afterthought pointed out, can be found here:

Allowing deformed babies to die from dehydration, why?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes, this is much deeper than we're being led to believe.
If you go to the second page of my thread and scroll to the bottom, you'll see that they're taking these organs from the babies while they're still alive. This is probably the reason they are being starved and dehydrated. If they euthanized the babies, the organs and tissues couldn't be harvested properly. The babies must be ALIVE for the transplants to be highly successful.
Here is the link. legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
Scroll until you see the title heading about Babies as Organ Donors.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join