It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Looks at Doing Away with $! Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Really? people are here complaining of the weight?

Come on you are not going to be carrying 100's of them are you? Like anything you will get used to them and in a couple of months you would have forgotten about the old bill.
I think it was in 1983 when we ditched the pound note for a coin just like many other countries..so get with the times and embrace the coin.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

If we went back to gold and silver.The goverment would have to mean vaule the metals.Like in the old days.Or else when gold or silver went up.People would melt the coins.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by N3k9Ni

If we went back to gold and silver.The goverment would have to mean vaule the metals.Like in the old days.Or else when gold or silver went up.People would melt the coins.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just because 2 people talk about something doesn't mean it will ever happen...this isn't even congressmen who are talking about it. It's a couple of congressional auditors, big difference. and I guess one congressman supports it.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It would be a whole lot more expensive to make it rain if that happened.

Canada did away with the single in the 80s, and hasn't looked back. I've always enjoyed the loonie. Two dollar bills I do miss though, they went in the 90s. Toonies are tolerable, but I'd rather have the two dollar bills back. Now there's talk of doing away with the 5er. I say - enough is enough! Let us keep our 5s.

And now, get this, Americans! Plastic money. Only hundys, 50s, and 20s thus far, but 10s and 5s too in 2013. I'm still unsure of the whole plastic bills thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join