It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this strange or just a coincidence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i first put this as a reply to a thread and thought id bring it to all here on ATS
BY THE WAY THESE ARE MY WORDS
www.abovetopsecret.com...
top of page 5

WOW let me share this with you when my twins were born alfie came first (8lb 7oz) apgar 9 20 mins later emily(7lb8oz) came breach (bum first) not breathing life less (apgar 3) and cold the team were working on her and i could see the panic in their eyes as she lay there on the heated bench one doing the heart thing and the other giving oxygen looking at each other with that look of we have lost her and then out of nowhere the door opens some old lady comes in leans over them and smacks emily(which they are not allowed to do as its abuse:puz the shock of being slapped made emily take her first breath and then cry i remember shouting "thats what i want to here" and then the old lady left the room straight away we never got to know who she was to this day i believe it was her G A 10 min after she was apgar 9 and we came home the next day ill never forget that i know its off topic but i wanted to share this with you

APGAR IS A RATING OF A CHILD BIRTH
1 being still born sorry to use theses words
10 being able to sit up
9 is usually a top apgar rating for a child

grammar nazis it was not like this in the other thread so dont be a nazi
this is hard for me to share with you all as it is

so dont expect a reply when you put your nazi head on

also MODS move to the right forum if this is in the wrong place please
edit on 30/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
My Greatgrandmother was a famous midwife (famous in her area, anyway). She delivered more than 2,000 babies....and they all survived. I can remember spending the night with her when she was delivering babies. (The area was very poor, so the pregnant women would move in with Granny the last couple of weeks of their pregnancy. I got very used to seeing strangers with big bellies at Granny's house).

Smacking a child to startle it into breathing is not abuse....and it works.

I'm so glad your little one survived. I would love to have twins someday.

S&F

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My Greatgrandmother was a famous midwife (famous in her area, anyway). She delivered more than 2,000 babies....and they all survived. I can remember spending the night with her when she was delivering babies. (The area was very poor, so the pregnant women would move in with Granny the last couple of weeks of their pregnancy. I got very used to seeing strangers with big bellies at Granny's house).

Smacking a child to startle it into breathing is not abuse....and it works.

I'm so glad your little one survived. I would love to have twins someday.

S&F

I dont know why but i thought you would respond to this

as for smacking a baby in the uk its classed as abuse its true
thats the uk for you

I'm so glad your little one survived.

thank you with a tear in my eye

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Sometimes the docs here in the US will flick the baby's foot on the sole. Maybe its done that way in the UK?

Perhaps your visitor was someone who knew the startle reflex would have the best chance of success.

As far as my responding to your thread....mayhap you are psychic?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Interesting story, thanks for sharing.

I remember hearing a story about Frank Sinatra's birth. As I remember it, he was given up as stillborn, when his paternal grandmother came into the room, took his apparently lifeless body to a sink and ran cold water over him, causing him to gasp for breath and cry.

I found it:

Frank Sinatra was born on December 12, 1915 in Hoboken, New Jersey. His birth was not an ordinary one, because he almost died during the birth. We always say how lucky he was to live a long life, but his surviving the birth was a miracle itself. Frank Sinatra was 13,5 pounds (more than 6 kilograms) when he was born. The Doctor had trouble removing baby Sinatra from his mother and used forceps to make it easier. But the forceps ripped his cheek, neck and especially his ear. His eardrum was punctured during the birth. He was not breathing and the mother was not in good condition. The doctor focused on mother thinking that the boy would not survive. When Sinatra’s grandmother noticed that he wasn’t breathing, she held the baby under cold water till he started breathing. And this is how Sinatra survived that birth. If his grandmother weren’t there, there would probably be no Frank Sinatra in the history.

Source: thefranksinatra.com

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
And they say kids don't ever need to be spanked
We are raising a bunch of idiots that don't listen to the elders. Keep things simple. Great thread for increasing awareness, we may be needing this reminder in the future if something happens. I

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Sometimes the docs here in the US will flick the baby's foot on the sole. Maybe its done that way in the UK?

Perhaps your visitor was someone who knew the startle reflex would have the best chance of success.

As far as my responding to your thread....mayhap you are psychic?

she came from nowhere honest and then just left i always say she was emilys G A

IN AND OUT how would she know ?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

the panic in their eyes as she lay there on the heated bench one doing the heart thing and the other giving oxygen looking at each other with that look of we have lost her

I'm really sick of how sensible we have become that even the traditional smack is ruled an abuse. Women use to give birth at home alone with the help of the neighbors and everything was fine! I don't even want to know how many babies were left to die because "they did everything they could"

God bless you and your Family!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

she came from nowhere honest and then just left i always say she was emilys G A IN AND OUT how would she know ?

Really sounds like a visit from a guardian angel, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

THANKS and god bless you and yours Hellas

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

she came from nowhere honest and then just left i always say she was emilys G A IN AND OUT how would she know ?

Really sounds like a visit from a guardian angel, doesn't it?

thats exactly what we have always told emily
thanks butcherguy

she still crys now when she tells family members or close friends
and im sure she wont mind me telling my new family ATS

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I also have twins...they are 5 years now.They were delivered by emergency c section at 31 weeks.I too suffered those agonising moments when one of my babies were unresponsive for what seemed like forever! They both turned out fine after the initial panic over my boy, although he needed help with his breathing for the first couple of weeks......

No-one came in the room to smack him......but i have been tempted to do it myself since! lol

I don't suppose by the sound of it you will ever know for sure who the lady was.As you imply any health professional's present wouldn't have taken this step....but I think it's a lovely story...and if you have always felt comfort from this experience that your child was being "looked out for" in some way i think that's perfectly understandable.

I'm so glad it turned out for the best

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It is hard to believe that the pediatrician gave her an APGAR so high after all that. My kids all got 7 due to the amount of fluid the pediatrician pulled from their lungs and even that number was questioned by the OBGYN. Your daughter wasn't breathing at all whereas mine were screaming between bouts of getting the fluid sucked out. I think that score helps protect the hospital in case something goes wrong with the baby. If the baby scores a lower apgar, under 7, they can prove that there were problems from the beginning.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
I also have twins...they are 5 years now.They were delivered by emergency c section at 31 weeks.I too suffered those agonising moments when one of my babies were unresponsive for what seemed like forever! They both turned out fine after the initial panic over my boy, although he needed help with his breathing for the first couple of weeks......

No-one came in the room to smack him......but i have been tempted to do it myself since! lol

I don't suppose by the sound of it you will ever know for sure who the lady was.As you imply any health professional's present wouldn't have taken this step....but I think it's a lovely story...and if you have always felt comfort from this experience that your child was being "looked out for" in some way i think that's perfectly understandable.

I'm so glad it turned out for the best

A BIG HEART FELT THANKS
and the same to you

but i have been tempted to do it myself since! lol

thanks for the smile that brought to me

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tidycat

your the first person that i have mentioned apgar ratings to that
knew what they were
glad yours are ok

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If they don't want you to smack a non-breathing baby anymore maybe one of air horn blasts in the face would do it . ( sorry, the devil made me say it )

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thudpuddy
If they don't want you to smack a non-breathing baby anymore maybe one of air horn blasts in the face would do it . ( sorry, the devil made me say it )

Hey that's a great idea, and we won't need the silly lullaby snipit that they play over the loudspeaker when a birth happens in the hospitals no more, cause everyone would hear the airhorn, and know what it meant.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
i first put this as a reply to a thread and thought id bring it to all here on ATS
BY THE WAY THESE ARE MY WORDS
www.abovetopsecret.com...
top of page 5

WOW let me share this with you when my twins were born alfie came first (8lb 7oz) apgar 9 20 mins later emily(7lb8oz) came breach (bum first) not breathing life less (apgar 3) and cold the team were working on her and i could see the panic in their eyes as she lay there on the heated bench one doing the heart thing and the other giving oxygen looking at each other with that look of we have lost her and then out of nowhere the door opens some old lady comes in leans over them and smacks emily(which they are not allowed to do as its abuse:puz the shock of being slapped made emily take her first breath and then cry i remember shouting "thats what i want to here" and then the old lady left the room straight away we never got to know who she was to this day i believe it was her G A 10 min after she was apgar 9 and we came home the next day ill never forget that i know its off topic but i wanted to share this with you

APGAR IS A RATING OF A CHILD BIRTH
1 being still born sorry to use theses words
10 being able to sit up
9 is usually a top apgar rating for a child

grammar nazis it was not like this in the other thread so dont be a nazi
this is hard for me to share with you all as it is

so dont expect a reply when you put your nazi head on

also MODS move to the right forum if this is in the wrong place please

Where it it abuse to pop a baby on the rear, if needed, to get them breathing? Was under the impression this was an old tried-and-true technique. The shock can help one to breathe that isn't; rather the point, from my understanding. In any case, did you not ask the hospital staff who the woman was? Surely, they would know. If they didn't, then that would definitely be odd.

Anyway, very glad your daughter was alright! My oldest son came out blue, because he was stuck and they waited too long to use the suction thing. At the time, I didn't even know. I did know his earlier score was lower, though. One of the grandkids wasn't a good color, either, and I was there for that delivery. Tense moments, for certain! Whoever that old woman was, glad she was there! Won't discount the possibility of an angel, either. i would be checking with the hospital, though. If nothing else, so you can know if she was staff. If she wasn't.....well, good results, anyway!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Great story and with a happy ending, I'm glad you explained this.
"APGAR IS A RATING OF A CHILD BIRTH"
I'm another one who never heard of it I agree with tidycat ,it's probably to cover their backs.

Did you notice at the time if the team working on Emily seem to see the old lady?
What I'm really asking is , Do you think she was a living person or a spirit/ghost?
Was she wearing hospital uniform, modern or old style of clothing? You probably didn't care.
She does sound like a Guardian Angel whether she was living or not.

I won't share my hospital horrors with you right now, I wouldn't know where to start.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Where it it abuse to pop a baby on the rear, if needed, to get them breathing? Was under the impression this was an old tried-and-true technique. The shock can help one to breathe that isn't; rather the point, from my understanding. In any case, did you not ask the hospital staff who the woman was? Surely, they would know. If they didn't, then that would definitely be odd.
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

at the time it was the last thing on our minds
but later we wanted to name emily after her
but could not find out who she was
left it to long i think

top topics

<<   2 >>

join