It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treated like "A caged animal" Bradley Manning Wikileaks Hearing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Treated like "A caged animal" Bradley Manning Wikileaks Hearing.

rt.com

Manning said that the conditions in the small, dark cell were like a “cage” and that during his incarceration there he began “to fall apart.”

"My nights were my days and my days were my nights. It all blended together after a couple of days," he told the court.

Elaborating on his deteriorating mental state he said he was anxious all the time and acknowledged that he had contemplated suicide but he "didn't want to die," he just wanted to "get out of the cage."
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I can vaguely understand why people say "He should not have done it if he could not deal with the backlash", With that said, He has exposed the real crimes america continue to commit too, the troops are unjustifiably killing the innocent with so little cause. This is a major problem the US face when it comes to military intervention in terms of 'national security'. When will the line be drawn on what is, and isn't deemed 'national security'. The term 'National Security' as far as the world can see, is a smoke screen to cover the administrations real agenda. Time and time again we see this term being abused.

War On Terror?...... ask yourself what does war cause? The answer indefinitely being Terror.

Bradley's harsh and long drawn out detention will never in my eyes be deemed justifiable, He is a Hero for exposing the true costs of this 'War On Terror', the nature of the US military, and the cruel administration that remains tightly gripped round the throat of the middle east.

Peace

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Yeah that's called jail moron. (not you op)

I hope they make an example of this traitor.

I know on ATS violating your oath of enlistment is a cool thing to do. You people only care about oaths when it benefits your cause and could care less about it when whatever wrong was committed is a means to your end.
edit on 30-11-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Humanity should prevail over sovereignty in all cases, I believe his punishment is a complete Joke, Yes they are going to make an example of him, But for what cause? Im guessing it will be the same old....... "National Security". As long as sovereignty is more important than treating humans as real people and not assets, Humanity will continue to fall down. United we stand, Divided we fall.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

But.........But.............But..............He did it to help show what is really happening.

Yeah, right.

He broke Military Laws, he violated his enlistment contract and now he is suffering the consequences of his actions.

Mr. Manning, time to be a big boy and face up to what you have done, regardless if it displayed a video of this or that.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

He took an oath PROMISED to obey the UCMJ and the NDA he signed. Then he knowingly and willfully violated it
Or is a man's word not worth anything? Why sign up for the US Army if you don't like the US? Unless of course, he always had the motives.

I think there is more to this little turd than meets the eye.

You want to talk about the importance of human lives. What about all the efforts and operations he released info on that put real people in danger? Or do those people not matter in your eyes?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The little worm needs to be made accountable. But then the current opinion is that "it was not my fault" or "so and so did it also" and so forth. Our political, religious, community, and family leaders are no longer setting a good example for our young people. Laugh if you want, but where are superman, the lone ranger, and the john waynes of our youth. Where is honor, truth and the american way? We are a lost people. We have no honorable heroes.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Of course that is a major factor, He did the right thing but in the wrong way. has america not swore to the same oath? Americas failure to submit to its own authority and to consistently contradict its own original teachings....That is the reason Bradley was left to think in this way. America has failed humanity, Not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

What he did was wrong. The wrongs committed by others does not justify the wrongs he committed.

Didn't your mother teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

He took an oath PROMISED to obey the UCMJ and the NDA he signed. Then he knowingly and willfully violated it

Is there any paticular reason you left out the most important oath that he took?? Like the one to the Constitution?

BTW, here is the actual oath taken for enlisted men/women.

All enlisted personnel in the United States military must make the following oath of office when they enlist in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy or U.S. Marine Corps:

“I, (state your name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

Commissioned officers take the Oath of Office, rather than the Oath of Enlistment.

Source

edit on 30-11-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Humanity should prevail over sovereignty in all cases.

I totally agree with you.

Manning did a very brave thing. He went contrary to his oath. I'm sure he didn't make that decision lightly. . His methods might of been wrong but what other way would there be to expose the corruption? Most of the people want the world to become a better place. Let him expose them.

Those people who are put in positions where they can actually make a difference should stand up for there convictions. Politicians that know who are corrupt should turn them in. Police officers who know who abuses their badge should denounce them. Soldiers that know their orders are for reenforcing tyranny and not promoting peace should lay down their arms. I'm not talking about Canada and the US only. I'm saying this to the people of the world. I'm saying this to the one and only race on this planet...the human race.

War for profit is not a worthy cause. I wish the people could stand up as one and say "Enough. We take back our planet and there's nothing you can do about it." Truly, if we stand as one those corrupt bankers, and politicians and industrialists would be run out of town so fast. They are the minority but they hold all the power. Why? Because we handed it to them. It's time for us to take the power back.
edit on 30-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Or is a man's word not worth anything? Why sign up for the US Army if you don't like the US? Unless of course, he always had the motives.

Oaths are important, there is no doubt. But doing what is right trumps an oath. It is a common film plot vehicle: The hero gets into some sort of organization with the intention to do good but then finds out that he is doing more harm to the public by being a part of that organization so he turns on them.

When Nazis defected to the US, did we chastise them for breaking their oath to Hitler?

Originally posted by projectvxn
You want to talk about the importance of human lives. What about all the efforts and operations he released info on that put real people in danger? Or do those people not matter in your eyes?

Killing civilians "put real people in danger". Not only to the people we are shooting at but also to our relations. The more civilians we kill, the more hostile the general populace is thus the more danger our troops are in. Not holding the bad apples accountable is tantamount to supporting and encouraging those soldiers and their actions which, ultimately, cause casualties among fellow soldiers.

Manning did not give the information to the public, he gave it to Wikileaks. Then Wikileaks even redacted over 15,000 items in the name of national security. This is after the US government turned down their offer to work with them on deciding what not to share with the media. Then they still didn't release it to the public but to carefully selected media outlets. Those outlets decided upon even more redactions.

Selling stingers to the enemy who are now killing our soldiers with them? Dangerous to our troops and national security. Paying the Taliban protection money in order to allow safe passage? Dangerous to our troops and national security. Those are only two of many national security issues that had to be placed under scrutiny because of the release of information. Because of that, steps and measures were placed to improve operations. This is ultimately saving lives.

The only group the documents potentially endangered were Afghans who were named. Compare this to the thousands of Afghan civilians who die every year (almost 25% of those are killed by pro-coalition forces) due to the war and it becomes a bit silly to bring up.

The point is that we can all agree that Manning's imprisonment is lawful but we should not gloss over the fact that it is not just. I think that the negative light his actions placed on our invasion efforts slowed our colonization and prevented many more useless deaths.

I think in hindsight, Manning will be a human rights folk hero in our grandchildrens' school text books.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If you took an oath to God and found out it was the Devil, would your oath still be valid?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I can see where this is going to go, therefore I will not answer your pointless question.. Bradley swore to the same oaths the current administration swore to defend, they brake just as many laws he has, but on a daily basis. I cannot see any form of justification for his supposed "treason". If anybody is guilty of Treason of High treason, Its the administration that implements the laws it does not follow, But punishes those who do not follow it. Its not so different from the Nazi Party. If treason is "Exposing corruption and how america deals with its national security" then you can hang me for treason.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Bradley manning is a courageous man but sadly he will be forgotten by everyone in due time....

Wikileaks - the forgotten man

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I, (state your name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic;

hmm so if manning's superiors were commiting crimes and he denounced/exposed them

How has he violated his oath?
aren't these classified as domestic enemies or is their military status an exception/loophole

loling hard at those who scream manning is a criminal traitor
while giving the criminals a pass

most of "our boys and girls" having some shred of decency and humanity in them
return from the empires looting and killing spree's AFU [as in SNAFU]

the rest rise up to officer and beyond, or go into politics like a certain admirals son who served as a trustee in a POW camp in vietnam and is now a senator

the "manning is a traitor" crowd is in the latter group methinks
or hoping to be
unless it's a case of low intelligence, which i'll let you all be the judge

and "he should have gone thru proper channels" BS will be brought up soon
lol

farmer- u damn fox! you killed half my chickens last night!
fox- no, that's not true. and to prove it i'll stand guard tonight.

L
L

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Anyone in the military that commits war crimes is in violation of Art. 134 of the UCMJ. Anyone who is aware that someone has violated Art.134, and does not report it, is guilty of Art. 78, Accessory After the Fact. I'll bet none of the people in the Collateral Murder video is in the brig, nor is anyone who tried covered it up.

Like any other criminal gang, you don't expose the criminal actions of your organization without paying the price.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I hope they make an example of this traitor. I know on ATS violating your oath of enlistment is a cool thing to do. You people only care about oaths when it benefits your cause and could care less about it when whatever wrong was committed is a means to your end.

Got it wrong buddy. Manning is a Hero and represents the Individual voice of Freedom, Knowledge, and the right to know what our own Gov't is doing and the atrocities it commits in acts of war like the Helicopter killings of the reporters.

We need transparency of the Gov't and Check and Balances.

Feds are supposed to be in check by States, States in check by Counties, Counties in Check by people.

Instead, we have Banks and Corporations running the Feds telling them what to do and who to go to war with and keeping it all secret. The Gov't is supposed to be transparent to it's people and is supposed to work for and listen to and fear it's people, not the other way around.

If I was in his place, I would have leaked all the info too for the sake of transparency and checks & balances, especially considering that the Military is commiting atrocious acts by killing innocent civilians.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Manning is a traitor, period. He's no "hero." As a result of his leaks a lot of innocent people, such as in Tunisia, are dead. I have issues with the Army even allowing him to enlist, much less giving him a security clearance, but what he did not only endangered American lives, it resulted in deaths. Any country with any cajones would find him guilty and put him before a firing squad. But since this country is as wussy as Manning himself, it will all get dragged out.

Poor, poor manning. Felt like a caged animal, did he? That's kind of the point. Those big boys picking on him again. If he did this in many other countries he'd be dead by now.
edit on 11/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Um, he didn't just happen upon these things.
He willfully violated UCMJ, his oath and laws, directed by someone outside of the Military and searched for those things.
He didn't report it up the chain of command, he released it to JA.
The UCMJ does not abide by those that go outside of the UCMJ.

He violated the laws.

He is no hero.

But, there should be more transparency.
Thought 0bama was supposed to give us that?

edit on 30-11-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join