It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO giant (DuPont) hires retired cops to hunt down farmers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

GMO giant (DuPont) hires retired cops to hunt down farmers

rt.com

GMO giants DuPont have contracted dozens of retired law enforcement officers to begin patrolling farms in the US next year to spot any potential intellectual property theft.

“Farmers are never going to get cheap access to these genetically engineered varieties,” Charles Benbrook

“Everyone always goes to the idea that we are trying to intimidate people and nothing could be further from the truth,” Agro President Dennis Birtles tells Bloomberg. “We are trying to create deterrence.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting, They already have people patrolling farms in Canada. Now they are wanting to destroy farmers financially and crush their reputations.

They are saying this will end up helpful for the people? How exactly? If they are patenting every new disgusting genetic design, How can that possibly be helpful to the people?

And how are they trying to create "deterrence"?, They expect us to bow down and be grateful for their mass produced Genetic mutated crap they sell us as "food".

They have already patented 225 brands of soybean.

Disgusting.

My thoughts go out to every farmer trying to earn a respectable living.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Easy answer, shoot the rifst one that appears on their property as a trespasser, they'll think twice about going on the property then

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

I believe a little transparency is in order, label products containing GMO's. For some strange reason the US does not require GMO labeling. Since the Federal government has failed here then it needs to be writtten into law on a state level. This is where state residents can get involved

I strongly feel that Amaricans should have the freedom to make an informed choice as to whether they want to consume GMO's or not. This information needs to be on the food label just like ingredients and nutritional facts. If these GMO seed producing companies were proud of their products then why don't they advertise by labeling them. Labeling would inform people about the food they eat, is the informed consumer bad for their buisness?

justlabelit.org...
www.labelitwa.org...
www.labelgmos.org...
truthinlabelingcoalition.org...

I believe the goal should always be in learning the truth. Deny ignorance as they say here on ATS!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
But you neglected to quote this important part of the article...

... hoping to find farmers that have purchased contracts to use their genetically modified soybean seeds but have breached the terms of agreement by illegally using the product for repeat harvests.

So therefore if the ONLY reason that farmers are being "hunted down" is that they have breached the terms of a contract they have signed, then they will be free of any worries if they simply DONT break terms of any contract they have signed.

If you can find ANY other reason that farmers are "hunted down" other than violating a contract they have signed, then go ahead and state it.

However, if the yields of GMO are so completely awful and damaging to land as the anti-GM crowd claim, the farmers wont be using them anyway, so once again free of any worry.

So whats the actual problem here?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
Easy answer, shoot the rifst one that appears on their property as a trespasser, they'll think twice about going on the property then

I wish that I could give this 1,000 stars. This is exactly the right answer.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
So they are after farmers that have purchased seed once, harvested the plant and are replanting the seeds from the plants they have grown. How this was ever in the contract (i am assuming it is in there) is what puzzles me. gmo being good or bad aside, these are the kinds of people you should not do business with.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If shooting was good enough for the "revenooers", who were actual government agents, when they tried to shut down the stills of honest moonshiners; then it should be good enough for a bunch of retired cops with no legal right to set foot on private property.

Maybe it's time for the farmers to take a page from the growers of certain crops we cannot discuss here, and set booby traps and train some really mean guard dogs. One way to do the guard dog bit would be to set up an electronic fence system around their crops and confine the dogs to the fenced area with shock collars. That way they would not only always be in place and on duty but they wouldn't get out and hurt someone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

So therefore if the ONLY reason that farmers are being "hunted down" is that they have breached the terms of a contract they have signed, then they will be free of any worries if they simply DONT break terms of any contract they have signed.

Doesn't matter if they signed a contract or not. The following scenario can (and has) get you sued by this same company.

Farmer A plants crops using regular seeds. Farmer B plants crops using patented seeds. Both farmers plants grow during the season. Due to prevailing winds, Farmer A's regular plants get pollinated by Farmer B's special plants.

Farmer A harvests seeds from his plants at harvest time. Next season, farmer A plants these seeds. Since they were pollinated by the plants from Farmer B, these seeds now contain genetic code that is patented by this company. Once this company finds out, they sue farmer A, even though he never signed a contract, and since the company has tons of money to toss at high priced lawyers, they win, and farmer A loses everything.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As any sustainable farmer knows, growing your own seeds from your harvest is one of the few ways to remain SUSTAINABLE. Considering the proliferation of GMO infiltration/pollination that occurs in non-GMO crops, it's a sham and a shame that the farmers have no recourse of their own crops being damaged by DuPont/Monsanto GMO cross-pollination.
My suggestion is to get photos of these operatives and spread them around widely to the farming communities so that these farmers know who the bad guys are and can protect their property with adequate security measures and pest eradication techniques.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
GMO monstrosity seekers are here to control only one thing, the entire worlds ability to gather and produce food.

This is against anything in nature, food is a necessity, the land is there for the purpose of humans to be able to sustain themselves, the production of food was never mean to be patented and neither modified to make sure that only certain groups can have exclusive rights to it

Those that controls food and resources will control the earth and humanity.

People still have not clue to the sinister intentions of those trying to profit from humanity means of survival.

That is what food is.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

But you neglected to quote this important part of the article...

... hoping to find farmers that have purchased contracts to use their genetically modified soybean seeds but have breached the terms of agreement by illegally using the product for repeat harvests.

If you can find ANY other reason that farmers are "hunted down" other than violating a contract they have signed, then go ahead and state it.

However, if the yields of GMO are so completely awful and damaging to land as the anti-GM crowd claim, the farmers wont be using them anyway, so once again free of any worry.

So whats the actual problem here?

I have to agree with you on the contractual obligation part, OTOH, I'm not too happy with somone coming on private property to collect evidence without a warrant either.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen
Doesn't matter if they signed a contract or not. The following scenario can (and has) get you sued by this same company.
Farmer A plants crops using regular seeds. Farmer B plants crops using patented seeds. Both farmers plants grow during the season. Due to prevailing winds, Farmer A's regular plants get pollinated by Farmer B's special plants.

You missed out the bit where its a bogus scare story that has never happened.

Even in the recent case of Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association et al. vs. Monsanto the organic seed growers could not list a single example where your scenario has ever happened.

I am well aware that a few urban legends abound about this "wind blown contamination" scenario, and the most famous case is that of Percy Schmeiser, but an examination of the facts tells a very different story indeed.
Wind blown contamination (the story he tells) doesnt get you instant 100 percent GMO crop.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
For those who defend these GMO companies saying they are doing this for the people, is creating a condition that brings up costs to the people helping the people? Sell the seed and let those who buy it use it. Prices will be lower if that expensive seed is not having to be repurchased all the time. Looks like these companies are out to line their own profits, it appears that they aren't worried about their stockholders concerns either. Or maybe everyone who owns stock in these companies is as guilty as they are. I personally would never own stock in a company like this. People should examine how their pensions are being invested.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

This is a possibility of what is taking place.
If all seeds become a GMO product, that will be the only type of seed you will be able to purchase. Which it seems, will be produced buy two main companies which are to big for any government to control. They spend millions of dollars through lobbyist, to members of congress that are easily persuaded with dollar signs, to bow to their wishes. "He who has the money is able to buy that which he desires".

Except for the huge augo-business, I'm rather sure, who will pay considerably less for their product, will leave the family farm, and any others that they do not control, slowly priced out of business unless they join their ranks. If they are to continue in business, and feed their families, what choice will they have?

There is also the possibility that somewhere in the fine print, may control the enormous seed banks of non GMO produced seeds that are being stored in two huge vaults in case of an Ark event. I wonder for who? possibly for the Five hundred million that survive. Which many prominent persons would like to see come about.

I have read that these GMO seeds produce a food that is lacking in nutrition, which would cause over a period of time, slow starvation, and a lowering of the immune system, thus allowing disease to become more prevalent, (which would lower the population also.

I can't for foresee any solution to this problem. how do we fight for our right not to be slowly poisoned by those that want to control us to the point that we,ourselves have no say left, and are forced to bow before the masters of our destiny.

Here in California, the proposition to label our food was rejected, even some farm groups were against it.Personalty I think they shot themselves in the foot. But time will tell. Iv heard that seventy percent of the food here in CA. is already a GMO so I guess it probably wouldn't make any difference if it was labeled or not.

Some of us in the USA already know that many of our constitutional rights have been taken away, and were brainwashed to the point that we can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Before you shoot, how about attempting to petetion your legislature first!

justlabelit.org...
www.labelitwa.org...
www.labelgmos.org...
truthinlabelingcoalition.org...

This is where you and I can get involved peaceably. Farmers are choosing to grow GMO foods because the consumer wants GMO food. If we do not wish to consume GMO food then let's not buy any.

The problem here is in our ability to discern the difference between GMO and non-GMO. This is the importance of labeling, it will more acurately reflect the desire of the consumer. If people do not want GMO's then farmers will not grow it.

edit on 11/30/2012 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

As usually big money in America runs America so we the consumer have no say so no even with legislation to have the right to chose what we buy or eat in this nation.

So labeling is already been step on and trash thanks to big money, the reason they won, is because without labeling is not way people can tell what is in the trash they put in their mouths, but oh, boy taste soooooo good.

Manufactured food in America is all GMO, unless otherwise label, sadly only organic goods have label.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I am well aware that a few urban legends abound about this "wind blown contamination" scenario,
I agree with you in the fact that farmers who grow GMO's are bound by, and therefore subject to the breach of, the contract they signed. I don't think a non GMO farmer can be sued for cross pollination onto his crops be it from wind or insects.

Cross pollination does happen and this becomes a problem for organic farmers and others who do not want GMO's.

Farmers will grow what sells, this has always been the case. I feel the problem here resides in our ignorance. Labeling will not get rid of GMO crops directly. It will give the consumer an opportunity to make an informed decision and then the farmers will grow what the consumers want.

edit on 11/30/2012 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So labeling is already been step on and trash thanks to big money

Well the answer is definitely not to give up. California's prop-37 was voted down yet the information is getting out there. Everyone I talk to is in favor of labeling, the opponets to labeling are pouring out alot of money to campaign against this. If our problem is ignorance than information will be the cure.

the reason they won
This is an ongoing battle that a majority of the people in the US have not yet participated in. They may have won a battle but the war continues.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

We will never get the whores in congress or on any government power to do anything as they are mostly under big money pay rolls.

Is up to us the consumer to be aware and fight back with our pocket books when we shop, but given the miss information that plague most of the consumer in the nation they will stay blind to the poison they put in their bodies, their children and the unborn, that is what big pharma is there for, after GMOs giants, to supply the remedies for whatever ails the population, due to the constant poisoning of our food supply.

Is a marriage in haven for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join