Nuclear Event Reported in Isfahan, Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Any additional information on this would be of interest. I ran a search here and didn't see a hit for it. Obviously, anything in Iran relating to this is of interest these days.

[NOTICE!!! This information not confirmed!]

Iranian nuclear officials are being secretive about the nature of an incident in the Iranian Isfahan nuclear plant that sent many staff members to nearby hospital emergency rooms Wednesday. The head of Iran's Medical Emergency Agency told reporters that staff members of an Isfahan Nuclear plant "have observed some symptoms." He stressed that all medical emergency units in Iran should be ready to "confront nuclear incidents." "Those who have been around UCF Isfahan, have shown symptoms and are receiving treatment," said Gholamreza Masoumi to Iranian state-run news agencies. He did not mention a specific time for the incident nor did he volunteer any details about the nature of it.
Source - RSOE

I'd read very recent reports of that AC/DC music virus hitting them over there again with blazing music in the middle of the night. I wonder if someone took the virus thing one step further?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'd read very recent reports of that AC/DC music virus hitting them over there again with blazing music in the middle of the night. I wonder if someone took the virus thing one step further?

Possibly

Either that or they simply screwed something up themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. This being their first time at bat. All the major Nuclear powers have had screws ups in their past Russia, The US, France etc etc etc...
edit on 30-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is interesting...........from 2 days ago

A rare expression of concern about Iran’s nuclear sites and their impact on human health has been made by the head of the country’s accident and medical emergency center. “We believe all of our emergency services should be trained and ready to face nuclear accidents,” Gholamreza Massoumi was quoted as saying by Mehr, the country’s semiofficial news agency.

An unnamed “informed source,” however, was quoted by the Persian Service of the BBC as saying that inhalation of hexafluoride gas had caused respiratory problems for some of the personnel at the Isfahan facility.

Massoumi’s comments were removed from the Mehr news agency’s website a few hours after being published. Iranian news agencies often remove stories that are deemed too sensitive.

www.rferl.org...

And almost 12 months ago to the day - this same facility had a "mysterious" blast...............
www.haaretz.com...
edit on 30-11-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added more links

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
First thing that came to my mind was the AC/DC virus.

Though, like Slayer69 stated it could very well be a complete fail on their part.

I'll be following the thread to see if any more information comes forth.

SS

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Isn't that the exact same place where an explosion took place a couple of years ago where someone high up in the Revolutionary Guards was killed? Didn't they claim it was from moving something sensitive?

That was another story that came and went (disappeared) shortly thereafter.

Edit to add: Actually there were two incidents this time last year in Iran. What's with the timing and the date? Here's the last two incidents reported last year...

"The Mysterious Blast in Isfahan" (Dated November 28, 2011)

One week ago, around 2:40 p.m. local time Monday, November 28, the sound of a massive blast was heard throughout the city of Isfahan, in central Iran. The moderate conservative website Farhang Ashti reported that the sound of the apparent explosion was so strong that people, terrified, rushed to the streets.

The incident took place two-and-a-half weeks after an explosion at an Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps facility 30 miles outside Tehran killed Major General Hassan Tehrani Moghaddam, a leading figure in the development of the Islamic Republic's missile program, and at least 16 other Guard members...

www.pbs.org...
edit on 30-11-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sounds like they dropped something again LOL. This happened a couple of years ago. They shouldnt be playing with stuff if they dont know how to handle it correctly.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I hasten to add that the plant at Busheshir, is a mish mash of three international contracting agencies construction work, that was decades in the making......
Even stainless steel will rust in the climate where they built this nuke plant......how soon will we be hearing it too is screwing up?(they recently removed the fuel from it)
Isnt hexaflouride the gas they use for enrichment?
Maybe they have had centrifuge problems again?due to the comp viruses we sent them?
These were aimed at centrifuge operations, and destroy them by sending false reading to the instruments while running the machines out of control.......an escape of the hexaflouride in them would be likely....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
First thing that came to my mind was the AC/DC virus.

Though, like Slayer69 stated it could very well be a complete fail on their part.

I'll be following the thread to see if any more information comes forth.

SS

Or it could be another Israeli attack on Iranian computers, which caused a dangerous release.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I just checked Google Earth and the facility appears to be a short distance Northwest of the population center. It's a city of 1.2 Million according to the Google Earth stats. Hopefully it's a contained issue, whatever happened there.

Personally, I really believe there need to be some classes of targets that are universally off limits for 'direct action' (I.E. Sanction them to death but no outright attack) Topping that list are Nuclear and Biological labs of any sort and at the same priority or HIGHER than World Heritage or High Holy sites in a war zone. Once they have the material that makes them worth attacking, I think that very fact makes them too dangerous to the civilian population to risk.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It makes me depressed and think kooky thoughts when this type of thing happens.

These poor innocent Iranian nuclear scientists having an issue or accident and breathing in toxic vapors that makes them sick or kills them off.

I just know it already. I will have a bad time sleeping tonight.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well I don't blame the hospital for wanting to get prepped for a nuclear disaster.
What with Israel threatening/causing sabotage and the like, if not outright war.
Then well, I think every nation has had criticality accidents when learning how to handle fissionables.

So it is not surprising.

M.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
or it could have just been nailed with a missile or two.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I just checked Google Earth and the facility appears to be a short distance Northwest of the population center. It's a city of 1.2 Million according to the Google Earth stats. Hopefully it's a contained issue, whatever happened there.

Personally, I really believe there need to be some classes of targets that are universally off limits for 'direct action' (I.E. Sanction them to death but no outright attack) Once they have the material that makes them worth attacking, I think that very fact makes them too dangerous to the civilian population to risk.

Wait... you worry about a town of 1.2 million people
but in the same breath you state its OK to sanction those people to death?
Or just wait till kill them when you have targets "worth attacking"?
What kind of crazy logic pill are you taking?
Or did I misunderstand you?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

You must have misunderstood me. I was noting the civilian population near the facility this apparently happened in. Next, in thinking about how people are suggesting it could have been an attack (an assumed connection I shouldn't have assumed in how I worded it, probably) I am suggesting that ANY or all Nuclear and/or Biological facilities be off limits to any kind of attack. Theirs, ours or anyone's.

In my view, that's crazy crazy stuff right there. Messing with controls or computers relating to nuclear operations, I mean. Success for the attacker means catastrophe for the nation it's done to....on a small scale inside a facility or exposing a local city on a massive failure.

So if you got the impression I would want to see this happen to Iranian or any other people working inside one of these places, I can only think the bad is on me and how I worded things... It's just the opposite for what I meant.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

No surprise. Just because you want atomic weapons doesn't mean your ready for them. Stalin learned that the hard way. His scientists were in such a hurry to get him the bomb for his birthday one year they took shortcuts. They dumped fuel processing plant waste down some old worn out salt mines. Problem the waste in liquid form still had fissionable material in it which settled out to the bottom of the mine. In time it reached critical mass, oops.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The AC/DC angle seems like a clumsy attempt to put an American face on the virus....but they are from Australia.

Hmm.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if this was an attempt at sabotage... A major nuclear incident in iran would be great justification for israel/u.s. to continue their path of violence. WMDs in Iraq was just a rumor this would be more solid.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
could be a number of things.
I worked in a nuclear power plant for a while. Many injuries are non nuclear events.
Steam pipes have killed a few people. General negligence. Stuff like that.
My dad lost a finger bending conduit. Stupid stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Watch and listen 2Min News
notice also the event in Pakistan? Both events ARE NOT ON MAP NOW.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Nothing to see here,folks...please move along.Only 24 more shopping days until Christmas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join