It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After death communications

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
About two weeks after my Mum passed I smelt her perfume, it was very strong and intense and lasted about ten seconds, it was very comforting. I know psychologists say your brain can 'conjure up' the memory of a smell to bring comfort but after experiencing it I'm not so sure it was just that. It occured at the exact moment when the realisation that she was really gone had hit home. Personally I like to think it was her way of saying don't worry I've not gone far.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

I've been avoiding feeling anything and just keep myself so busy I don't have time to think or if I do start to allow myself to think it just hurts too much so I shut down. I guess as long as I continue to run away from my feelings I'm also closing myself off from being open. The old saying 'no pain, no gain' probably is very accurate in this situation.

Jemison

I understand this very much! I have "shut down" so many times already, but I also know I cant get closer to my daughter unless I "get it together".
It makes sense to me, why would God allow any pain in His kingdom. I have heard that negative (egos) emotions are like an impenetratable wall to the spirit "world."

As for your question about people not believing in the afterlife, I dont know but I have heard stories that alot of people/spirits are quite surprised and do believe after they have passed over. Of course because they are now there

Personally I am working more on meditation now, for healing as well as becoming more intune to higher frequencies/planes.

But I have to say, I know my daughter is in a wonderful place, it is just the missing, mourning, and broken dreams that are tearing apart my soul.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
About two weeks after my Mum passed I smelt her perfume, it was very strong and intense and lasted about ten seconds, it was very comforting. I know psychologists say your brain can 'conjure up' the memory of a smell to bring comfort but after experiencing it I'm not so sure it was just that. It occured at the exact moment when the realisation that she was really gone had hit home. Personally I like to think it was her way of saying don't worry I've not gone far.

Timing again to me is very, very important to knowing it is a connection. Like something happens almost before you finish thinking it! But there are also those occurances where they happen out of no where, like someone is trying to get your attention.

Also, as far as the smell, I dont agree with the psychologists. I had a one time occurence of lengthy communication with my spirit guide. It was during one of those deep, deep, prayer type states. Well I thought I was making everything up in my head, until I said "ok, if you are really there give me a sign", almost before I finished my words there was an intense smell of tuna fish followed by an intense smell of something very fresh!! THIS WAS NOT MY IMAGINATION!! THIS WAS WITHOUT A DOUBT REAL! I in no way even thought of "give me smells", I expected if there would be anything, it would be anything but the smell of tuna fish in my bedroom!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
have you tried TABLE TIPPING? it works...............
I would say stay away from ouji boards YIKES bad joo joo...........

Table tipping is a means to comunicate with spirits.....

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
malai, that is very interesting. Once she told you of her secret and moved to the next plane did you have any further contact?

gizmuqt, I can see your point about not getting things when you try too hard. I also understand that it is important to train your mind to be 'in tune' to things. I've been avoiding feeling anything and just keep myself so busy I don't have time to think or if I do start to allow myself to think it just hurts too much so I shut down. I guess as long as I continue to run away from my feelings I'm also closing myself off from being open. The old saying 'no pain, no gain' probably is very accurate in this situation.

Have any of you had contact from someone who never believed in life after death? I wonder if those that were skeptical in life are not able to communicate after they die?

Jemison

Hi Jemison

No, I have had no more spontaneous contact with my Mum. We could try for contact, but I am content at this time to leave things be and let her get on with her life and me on with mine.

Skeptical people, when they cross over are no longer skepitcal. We have had communications with others who have been very appolegetic for their skeptisism and quite amazed at their change of attitude when experiencing the truth of how it really is.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I received different communications from my grandparents, both over a year (nearly 4 years in the case of my gramma) had passed since their deaths. One was on a difficult day, an old man who looked just like my grandfather, walked up to me and stopped, stood and looked at me, then walked away. It was a bad day, I had a broken heart and the weather was at a record high temperature. I was smoking a cigarette and wearing clothing which exposed my tattoos (something I always hid, as he was very conservative).

I felt as though if my grandfather saw the real me he would disapprove. Over a year and a half later as I visited my parents last thanksgiving, I got a message from my grandfather. He told me to trust someone, who I was pretty down on, and sure enough his advice was correct. I then (mentally) said "wait dont go" and asked if I was a disappointment. He told me that I never was.

Mushy yes, as was the story I enclosed in the U2u i sent you, Jemison.

Oh but the reason why I am posting in this thread was I was very impressed by Angela's and Gizmo's stories. I was just reading about child spirits around that time and thought I would share an excerpt from this page
www.crystalinks.com...

here is the excerpt from the woman (a psychic and metaphysics expert) who owns the site and writes most of the articles:

"Marcus remains in the hearts of all who knew and loved him during his short journey in third dimension. I will not forget him.

I cannot imagine not being able to communicate with the other side for those who lose children and have no way of knowing that they are okay. The spirits of children generally try to find a way of letting the parents know that they are safe.

There are the noisy spirits who let you know they are around by telekinesis. They put messages on computers - move objects - smells - cold winds blow - touches to the body - things that go missing for a while show up some time later usually belonging to the person who has crossed over - etc. Pay attention and you will recognize what is being shown. Our children are with us."

ps--a few months ago i decided the cigarette habit had to go, i asked for guidence and was able to quit after being a smoker for 12 years of pack a day self abuse

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Hi Jemison - this is a wonderful thread, and I do have a few things to post, but I wanted to weigh in on your post about the wine bottle falling on your foot and your dad being angry with you. I don't believe that was his intention at all!!! I think the wind bottle got moved there so you would know without a doubt that it was him saying hello. I don't think he intended for you to get hurt! If anything, he may have influenced you to want that chocolate so you'd open the door and see that bottle of wine staring at you. I don't think he wanted you to wrack your brain trying to figure out why he might be mad at you.

My mother received coins from my dad after he passed away. She'd walk into her room in the middle of the day sometimes, or sometimes when she'd get ready for bed at night, and there would be coins on the bed. Mostly pennies, but sometimes nickels and dimes. Also, her landline phone by her bed would ding once at exactly 10:47 every night. This lasted for several years, and we got used to listening for it. It wasn't a partial "ring," it was like you'd struck the bell pretty hard once with something metallic. Not sure why that time... he didn't pass until about 2 in the morning. Well, OFFICIALLY he didn't pass until then. He may have actually left before the physical body gave out.

After my mother passed, I felt her standing behind my right shoulder at a horse show - we used to love watching saddlebred shows together, and this place was where we usually went. This was maybe 4 months after, and I felt this physical presence so strong I thought maybe somebody else had walked up behind me, but I turned and no one was within 6 feet of me. I smiled to myself and turned back around to enjoy the show, but I couldn't help but cry just a little, knowing she was making the effort to show up and let me know she was okay.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join