It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy car auction Batman! Original Batmobile for sale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Holy car auction Batman! Original Batmobile for sale

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Batmobile used in the 1960s Batman TV series is expected to go up for auction in January, the Barrett Jackson auto auction house said Thursday.
The car could sell for millions, said Craig Jackson, chief executive of the auction firm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Okay, yah I know this has nothing to do with any conspiracy or cover up or anything, But really, be honest with all of the world ending stuff going on, all of the cover ups and poverty and crap...is there one of us who wouldn't take ten minutes and blast this baby down the street with the jet engine at full blast.
So in deference to days of yor, be honest, if you had the chance, would you?

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I remember it selling in the early eighties for twenty five hundred dollars.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Obscene opulence offends me to some degree. I have no idea how someone can have more wealth than they know what to do with, can not feel guilt beyond despair when they see the state of common people.. it would haunt me constantly.

the exchange in the story here, the car for an obscene amount of money, tells me that greed blinds anyone not cautious enough to be wary of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Obscene opulence offends me to some degree. I have no idea how someone can have more wealth than they know what to do with, can not feel guilt beyond despair when they see the state of common people.. it would haunt me constantly.

the exchange in the story here, the car for an obscene amount of money, tells me that greed blinds anyone not cautious enough to be wary of it.

Gee... Get over yourself.

The only thing that sucks is I didn't win the Powerball.... What's cooler than the Batmobile....? Exactly.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Personally I think I'd prefer K.I.T.T..

Now that was just an ATS member kind of car. Yup. It even had online access for it's time, as I recall with turbo boost as a bonus.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Man I so forgot about Kitt. Wonder who owns that baby now.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterkill
Man I so forgot about Kitt. Wonder who owns that baby now.

"Activating Super-Pursuit mode, Michael" - Priceless

BTW, apparently the whereabouts of the last remaining original KITT is somewhat of a mystery... according to Wikipedia....

edit on 30-11-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

join