It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MySQL ASSIGNMENT HELP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Please, bury the hatchet; put my trolling history aside for a moment.

One of my graduate classes is database management systems. You must know how to use MySQL and know syntax for triggers to help me here and show your strength.

This is a 10 point extra cred assignment that has nothing to do with what we've been learning and, sadly, it shall likely determine if I get an A (if it's done) or a B. I'm at precisely 765/850 right now overall (exactly 90.0! OmG) but with 3 killer assignments to be graded still. My cushioning would be larger than 765 but a ho had to get smacked and an assignment had to be missed. I'm running out of time. Time to complete this: 23 hours.

Here's the assignment I need syntax for.

Design two tables, one which is transactional and another that tracks the history of the first table. Use table triggers to track all changes and when they happened to table1 and store the changes in table2.

Given Table1 design:
-------------------------------------------------------
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Tests](
[Test_Id] int IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[Result_On] datetime NOT NULL,
[Entry_On] datetime NOT NULL,
[Result] Varchar(25) NULL)
------------------------------------------------------

Design Table2 and triggers for a Delete, Insert, and Update in your individual SQL server database.

1- Provide sql script for table 2 (Test_history)
2- Provide sql script for the Delete Trigger, Insert Trigger and Update Trigger

Here is Table2, Test_history, that I designed (edit as you see fit. It queries just fine tho).

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Test_history] (
[Test_Id] int IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[Result_On] datetime NOT NULL,
[Entry_On] datetime NOT NULL,
[Result] Varchar(25) NULL,
[modification_time] datetime not null,
[reason] Varchar(25) null);

So only step #2 must be done. I not only don't have SQL (at home) so can't check my work on it, but eyeing over the syntax for DML triggers without guidance doesn't help...and I have no time (doing 2 other assignments).
Link 1 for syntax help
Link 2 for syntax help

Can some knowledgeable soul please provide the SQL syntax for this table for INSERT, DELETE, and UPDATE TRIGGERS?

I will go through your posts and give you 15...no, 20 stars for it. Stars to strengthen your virtual presence with when debating your favorite conspiracies and stars you may use to attract all kinds of ATS vixens (on the off-chance that you have a vagina here and still know SQL syntax then it's HUNKS FOR YOU). The benefits are endless. You may also get 3 MasonicFantom beckoning uses. Whenever you need someone to back you up in a thread, or eviscerate another's opposing view, just blow the special horn you'll be given and I'll show up to rock em like a hurricane.

THANKS
edit on 30-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Someone has flagged this. That's a start. I believe in you.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

I can't really help you with what you're working on, but I flagged it so people who can might see it. Also posting so it goes up the recent threads list.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I don't mean to be sentimental, but...that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.
You've shown me a spec of humanity and civility. Even when you had no personal gain.

I promised not to cry.... Don't cry, old Fantom.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Your Link 2 for syntax help doesn't work - it goes to a UALR logon screen.
Hopefully you don't have Dr, Dennis Dance, Phd,SOB for your instructor.
The link 1 for syntax shows you how to do an insert trigger, the others are basically the same,
Remember to do your procedure declarations before invoking them.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ok, yes, sorry about Link 2, forgot you need a logon to view it.

But I need more help than that!! Someone put down one of the triggers!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Anyone!?!?

top topics

join