It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My chronic back pains are gone!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have suffered with upper back pains for over 10 years. They developed with a original sharp ripping, stabbing pain between my shoulder blades and worsened through time. Debilitating is putting it lightly. The only relief was to mega dose vitamin C. And even at that it would only reduce the pain for short periods, never removing it completely.

The first doctor said there was nothing wrong with me. The second doctor said it must be arthritis. The third doctor said it was degenerative joint disease. After the MRI one could see the damage that had occurred. I was finally sent to a orthopedic surgeon and his conclusion after studying the MRI was that my spine was fine, it was the muscles that were destroying themselves. Extreme amounts of scar tissue were very evident in the MRI. His advice was to to seek out a Chiropractor.

Then about two moths ago I saw a video of Dr Mecola discussing "Lyme's Disease". He discussed how "Cats Claw" killed the bacteria. I had tried everything else under the sun, so what do I have to loose at this point. I ordered a bottle.

Im not saying what it was that was causing my upper back pains, I cant get a doctor to evaluate it. But I do know that after taking Cats Claw for two weeks the pains were lessening. After a month, they are gone! There is residual aching that I believe will subside in time, and very understandable considering the amount of damage that was done, but the debilitating pain is gone!

Thank you Dr Mecola, thank you!

Anyone else having pains like this? You may want to research Lyme's Disease. If anyone is interested I can supply more info. Also, Lyme's is also a great pretender in that it mimics other conditions and diseases.

edit on 30-11-2012 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This may be just the thing I'm looking for. Thanks....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
All Seeing Eye

Thank you so much for this thread i suffer from chronic lower back pain ive had surgery a few years back and it solved the pain problem for awhile but now the surgery has failed and the pain is back..

Ive never heard of this "Cats Claw" before i went and read up on it on the net and it seems its used for pain and many other things ..How do you know how much of this to take and can i buy it at my pharmacy? S&F peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I believe you have to order it over the net as I could not find any retail stores that carry it. I cant guarantee it will work for you but its worth a try.

There is another version of Cats Claw that is reported to work just as well, and its called "Samento". The Cats Claw is cheaper. Swanson's heath products carries it, 250 capsules for 6.99$. I take 4 to 6 a day with 6 1000mg Vit C spaced out through the day.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Other names: Uncaria tomentosa, una de gato, life-giving vine of Peru, samento

I've been reading about this in attempt to discuss with my mom as a possible alternative for her FIBROMYALGIA and R. ARTHRITIS P.

Do your research before you just do a search for the name and buy the cheapest price or best deal. There is a lot of crap out there. Something new and promising is the prospect of using Cat's Claw with other medicinal herbs and plants. And many versions don't carry the medical properties originally reported (in a concoction created by a gal in Canada who has passed years ago but sold recipe and now being manufactured only by a few places). Many of the mixtures, unlike the original which were carefully mixed and boiled a certain way, are dumped all together and boiled together so enzymes are destroyed and medicinal properties in the Burdock root, Slippery Elm bark and Turkey Rhubarb root will not be released. This is the reason why many people do not experience of using the formula in Canada. Also the inner or outer bark used in the product makes a difference.

I read of two commercial products available in the United States that have prepared the herbs according to original formulas. Google and compare recommended original versions below with cats claw in general and cheaper versions to learn the benefits:

(1) EZZEAC PLUS
(2) EZZEAC PLUS CAT'S CLAW

Both products above are 'ready to use preparations', where the hard tissue herbs are boiled separately and the soft tissue herbs, including Watercress, are properly simmered. This is a labor intensive, more tedious procedure, resulting in a more expensive Other names: Uncaria tomentosa, una de gato, life-giving vine of Peru, samento commercial product, at a higher cost. You get what u pay for.

So for those compulsive shoppers (like me :-) dont confuse or accidently buy another herb called cat's claw acacia, catclaw acacia or Acacia gregii. (Should not be taken orally and contains a compound related to cyanide.)

DOWNLOAD PDF INFO SHEET: nccam.nih.gov...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

The most amazing thing about your story to me, is that you went to a surgeon and he did NOT recommend surgery!!! Seriously, that is not the norm.

I'm really glad to hear about your success and the the Cat's Claw herb, of course.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It's wonderful that you have found relief!

I am curious if you saw a Chiropractor and what he found if you did. Interference in nerve signals from a subluxation in the spine can cause many dis-eases. Keeping your spine healthy will allow your nerve system to be healthy.

Our office uses information from Dr. Mercola. Anything natural you can do for your body is beneficial !

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

The most amazing thing about your story to me, is that you went to a surgeon and he did NOT recommend surgery!!! Seriously, that is not the norm.

I'm really glad to hear about your success and the the Cat's Claw herb, of course.
I was quite nervous about the appointment, I know the system, greedy doctors just cant wait to "Rip" into your wallet. My primary care doctor said my back was ruined and I need my whole back replaced. I was looking at misery the rest of my life. Thought they might want to fuse the majority of my spine. I was lucky, the Orthopedic Doctor, after reviewing the MRI, said there was nothing wrong with my spine and there wasn't anything for him to do. He struck me as being more than just a good doctor, he was honest.

My primary care doctor admits there is such a thing as Lyme's Disease, and insurance companies do not want to hear it, but, he refuses to consider it might be what I have. He still thinks I have arthritis, and completely ignores what I have told him about the effects of the Cats Claw.

I finally talked him into doing blood tests for it and a host of other possibilities, all came back negative, of course. then I asked him if we could do the Western Blot test and he didn't know what it was, then says that's the aids test. Do I want to take a aids test, grrrrrr. No, the western blot is also used to detect Lyme's as well. He didn't want to hear that either.

Now he makes me wait a hour or two, after, the appointment time, to be seen. I'm just not profitable to him anymore, I guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is this good against inflammation problems?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I guess, it is.

Albany Medical College researchers have demonstrated in laboratory tests that the ancient herbal medication known as cat's claw has effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capabilities. Furthermore, the researchers showed in laboratory animals that the South American plant also prevents the intestinal damage associated with traditional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
www.sdearthtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wakingup

It's wonderful that you have found relief!

I am curious if you saw a Chiropractor and what he found if you did. Interference in nerve signals from a subluxation in the spine can cause many dis-eases. Keeping your spine healthy will allow your nerve system to be healthy.

Our office uses information from Dr. Mercola. Anything natural you can do for your body is beneficial !
The problem is there are no Chiropractor in our area. The ones that were here closed up shop. I agree with the benefits of the procedure but distance and insurance coverage still present a complication to overcome.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

20 years ago I got the Lyme rash after a hike in the woods. At that time Doctors would not acknowledge Lyme disease and I had insurance. The Dr laughed at me when i told him I have Lyme disease. Unfortunately I never learned of it until my rash was gone and he would not take my word for it.

Years later I no longer had insurance and could not afford treatment. I began taking astragalus.

It keeps the pain under control and does stop inflammation, it is great but not a cure as I suspect Cats Claw also is not, Cats Claw can be toxic in the wrong amounts I believe also.

Still worth it! What happens though is the Lyme creatures gather in a ball and wall themselves in when you use something that is working on them. They go dormant and then later it all starts over again.

I thought I had cured myself with sea salt a really scary painful way to go and I was "well" for over a year!

The rotten bugs eat on your cartilage, they also like the eyes and eventually work their way to the brain leaving scar tissue and damage in their wake.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Astragalus is very very good, saved my life as I was in so much pain!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We have been taking Black Seed..some sites recommend using cats claw and black seed together..anyone take a combo of these?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Astragalus is very very good, saved my life as I was in so much pain!

Thanks! I may try it!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

I guess, it is.

Albany Medical College researchers have demonstrated in laboratory tests that the ancient herbal medication known as cat's claw has effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capabilities. Furthermore, the researchers showed in laboratory animals that the South American plant also prevents the intestinal damage associated with traditional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
www.sdearthtimes.com...

Yeah I was going to test some Glucosamine might try this as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Cat's Claw is an excellent immune system modulator. Even better yet is it's derivative, Samento. I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis, caused by a mycoplasma infection.

Samento keeps my immune system fighting so that the inflammation which causes so much pain is kept under control.

www.samento.com.ec...

I have several family members who use samento now for various problems. My mother, who has fibromyalgia, uses it with great success. My mother-in-law, who is 87 years old, uses it to keep from getting colds and flu. My daughter, who is a dental assistant, uses it to keep from getting sick, as she is in people's mouths every day.

I did a thread on fibromyalgia and other associated auto-immune disorders a while ago, and the response I got lead me to believe that it is endemic in the population, around the world. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cat's claw, and Samento, are a must-have for anybody's medicine cabinet!

BTW, anybody who has chronic pain which shows no immediate cause should consider the possibility that they have an auto-immune disorder. Glad to know that you were properly diagnosed and found a natural herb to help your back. Most doctors in western medicine tend to give up and just prescribe painkillers.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I was quite nervous about the appointment, I know the system, greedy doctors just cant wait to "Rip" into your wallet. My primary care doctor said my back was ruined and I need my whole back replaced. I was looking at misery the rest of my life. Thought they might want to fuse the majority of my spine. I was lucky, the Orthopedic Doctor, after reviewing the MRI, said there was nothing wrong with my spine and there wasn't anything for him to do. He struck me as being more than just a good doctor, he was honest.

My primary care doctor admits there is such a thing as Lyme's Disease, and insurance companies do not want to hear it, but, he refuses to consider it might be what I have. He still thinks I have arthritis, and completely ignores what I have told him about the effects of the Cats Claw.

I finally talked him into doing blood tests for it and a host of other possibilities, all came back negative, of course. then I asked him if we could do the Western Blot test and he didn't know what it was, then says that's the aids test. Do I want to take a aids test, grrrrrr. No, the western blot is also used to detect Lyme's as well. He didn't want to hear that either.

Now he makes me wait a hour or two, after, the appointment time, to be seen. I'm just not profitable to him anymore, I guess.

Wow, we can explain away his lack of knowledge of Cat's Claw, or reluctance to believe in its effects as denial of anything that doesn't feed the system he works for.

But not knowing what the Western Blot test is, in relation to Lyme??? Sounds like he's drinking his kool-aide like a good boy.

You know what's disturbing? Well I'll tell you... As a teacher, I had to get re-certified every 5 years by taking two courses. I had to stay up-to-date with the latest educational trends, be observed by the administration, turn in lesson plans stating the objectives of each and every lesson, do a huge write-up each year about my instructional & professional goals and oh so much more... all so that I could teach Drama to 6th, 7th and 8th graders.

And yet... so far as I can tell, there is not a single rule/law/edict that says doctors-- who hold your very lives in their decision-making hands-- must stay abreast of new medical procedures and information. Nothing. Nada. They do, however, get wonderful lunches catered to their offices by pharmaceutical companies touting the latest 'snake oil.' Seriously. (My sister is a nurse in a practice. She assures me it is the norm.) That is where they get their information on diseases/conditions and how to treat them. No recertification for them!

Oh sure they can read journal articles or what-not. But nobody makes them. It's not required. I guess my job as a Middle School Drama Teacher was just way more important, hence the careful oversight so I didn't overlook a teaching objective, or miss an update on educational trends, and put their lives at risk. *smirk*

Sorry for the rant... *Slides soap box sheepishly out of the spotlight.*
edit on 11/30/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I

Wat? Of course Lyme Disease exists >_>
I don't know what kind of Doctor you have if he's claiming insurance companies dont want to pay for a life threatening bacterial infection that's beyond well documented. But he probably isn't a very good doctor if that's the case.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Then about two months ago I saw a video of Dr Mercola discussing "Lyme's Disease".

OP, was the video you watched the one where Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt?

He seems to be seeing some amazing results....

"Listen to this man if you are serious about healing from chronic illness."

"He's an amazing Dr, the best in the Lyme community"

Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt about Lyme Disease
www.youtube.com...

Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt on HPU/KPU at the Lyme Induced Autism Foundation (LIA) 2009
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Lyme Disease Part I of 2 understanding lyme through the 5 levels of healing
www.youtube.com...

Dietrich Klinghardt's Fundamental Teachings (Part 1/5)
www.youtube.com...

Dr Mecola Lyme's Disease
www.youtube.com... .0.49.181.4.4.0...0.0...1ac.xJh0D6hhQtg

What People Are Saying About Klinghardt Events
www.youtube.com...

Klinghardt Academy - The official resource for information
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join