It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Your Favorite Skyline?...pictures for view!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
reply to post by misscurious

And it's one of the most boring, grayish cities in the world.

I now pronounce you husband and wife...

London...

Meet Hong Kong...

You may kiss the bride...if she doesn't run screaming from this thread

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

HONGKONG AT NIGHT HAS NO EQUAL.

Google it.

Certainly obstinate...while no doubt it is impressive, I submit it is not more so than any, perhaps equal to some...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...some people prefer less to more.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Not really a skyline per se, but one of my favorite places to watch the sun set.

Crystal Beach, Texas

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

No, it is still a skyline, just from a different perspective...I didn't limit what type of skyline...now did I?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My first startup business was in HK. It has some of the most intellectual and interesting people in the world due to its school system (which ranks #1 or 2 globally I think) and high influx of entrepreneurs (ranked #1 most capitalistic region on Earth). Btw, on most "best skyline" rankings, HK gets #1 in that too.

I like rapid change, diversity, and activity. Not a stagnant, gray city with a history of wealthy nobles congratulating wealthy nobles while overworking countless unnamed serfs (I prefer more ancient history anyway). "Most visited place on Earth" - most people still vote in a two-party electoral system too and think it makes a difference when they don't know better.

But hey, it's whatever floats your boat. As I said, I've never been to London, so feel free to discount my opinion.

Not really about skyline, but as far as natural, scenic beauty goes, I find Vancouver to be impressive.

Oh, and Shinjuku should definitely be in this topic.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Well you certainly have put much effort into being ornery about this subject... was just a simple question...I think I am becoming more more drawn to London as a preferred skyline...understated yet elegant...as opposed to overdone...there seems to be a desire in Hong Kong to overcompensate for some reason...not sure why...perhaps you could shed light on that part of the equation...just for you...

There is just something about the Shakespearean quality to this picture, I just had to share.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I think I am becoming more more drawn to London as a preferred skyline...understated yet elegant...as opposed to overdone...

I agree with you....as a city and as a country in general we are aware of our rich history, heritage and culture and I think that speaks for itself....I think we respond in a proud and dignified way.....instead of always wanting to make everything more appealing and bigger and better.
i think someone said London is only interesting in relation to the rest of the UK...that's actually not true
As a country we have a mix of prehistoric sites and monuments,Stonehenge being the most famous...Roman ruins... castles.The industrial revolution was born in Great Britain and there is evidence of this to see even today...i could go on and on

There are lots of places around the world that are breathtakingly beautiful and of special interest that I would love to visit some day....but i still remain proud of where i was born.
Thank you for posting the pics

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All these ladies being so sassy yet proper is getting me hot under the collar (in a good way).

This topic was about skyline (aesthetics) but someone brought up history, so I responded as such. If you find it to be elegant looking then okidoke. I just gave an opinion and we're all given the right to do so.

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

PS of course I like HK, the sight of such a capitalistic monstrosity gets me excited. It's like being on another planet. And all else being equal, I still say it's skyline is the most overpowering.

edit on 30-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Like their breath I suspect....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I am partial to the Chicago skyline...how about you? What is your favorite? Chose one of these or post your own picture.

Baltimore...

Makati...

Singapore...

Frankfurt...

Rio...

Hong Kong...

Chicago...

Sydney...

Perth...

Seattle...

New York...

Panama...

Toronto...

Vancouver...

There are obviously some left off this list...feel free to add them! Curious to see how quickly others show up.

I posted Hong Kong and your reply was google it...why would I need to google something I already included...you decided to attack London without provocation for some strange reason and she responded...was diplomatic, until you decided to attack on a more personal level...there was no need for you to continue after your first post... but you went to far...in my opinion...this was not a debate or a forum to attack personally...was for fun...now go troll someone else's thread

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My fav. skyline:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

A few from my home state;

Brisbane

Townsville

Maroochydore/Sunshine Coast

But this one is my favourite by far...

My front yard just after dawn.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Very nice, thanks...for those that don't know where this is..care to share?...I'm guessing Australia?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
My fav. skyline:

Beautiful...now where the heck is it....

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I called London boring. The next poster then rudely tried to make a personal comment. Exhibit A I never once made a comment about anyone's personal life or "attacked" someone "personally". What thread are you reading?

And I said to search HK "AT NIGHT". Yours is clearly not at night.

Hong Kong...

But if you want me not to post in your topic then sure. Cya.
edit on 1-12-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yes, sorry, lol. Queensland, Australia.

Brisbane is the capital in the south east, Maroochydore/Sunshine Coast is about 2 hrs north of Brisbane, about 50kms from me, close to Caloundra on the map. Townsville is known as the capital of the north, right up in the tropics.

And the last one? Middle of nowhere, just how I like it...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My favorite place I've never been to but one day I shall and hopefully never return!!

PARIS

Je t'aime Paris

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

reply to post by misscurious

And it's one of the most boring, grayish cities in the world.

I now pronounce you husband and wife...

London...

Meet Hong Kong...

HONG KONG at NIGHT

You may kiss the bride...if she doesn't run screaming from this thread

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It was personal, she gave her favorite and you attacked it...just because you said London...doesn't mean it wasn't personal...I like people to read my threads and respond...I go to the trouble of replying to most...I don't care for your method...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Paris is beautiful, definitely one of the places I wanted to show up here...thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join