It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Tracks Serial Killer - Police wanted him before committing murder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Luka Magnotta had sparked worries among Toronto police

Toronto police saw alleged killer Luka Rocco Magnotta as a growing danger to society months before the grisly slaying of Chinese student Jun Lin in late May, according to correspondence obtained by CBC's the fifth estate.

Magnotta has been charged with first-degree murder in the killing and dismemberment of the Concordia University student in a case that drew international attention. The Toronto-born man pleaded not guilty. His preliminary hearing is slated to begin in March 2013.

Correspondence between the Toronto police and an online group investigating Magnotta, and later obtained by CBC's the fifth estate, shows that a detective expressed concerns about Magnotta nearly three months before Lin's death in Montreal.

"I want to find this guy more than anyone out there," a Toronto police detective told the online activists in one email dated March 9, 2012. "Trust me, I want to bring him before the courts even if just to get him psychiatric help."

From my understanding, anyone who operates online is considered anonymous, and while the media have tried to given a face and label to try and typecast the idea of anonymous, I figured the header to this thread is appropriate. Although they have not done the same, where they are usually trying to vilify people acting with anonymity online.

Magnotta was never found or questioned by police, until he was arrested in a Berlin cafe on June 4 following a massive global manhunt.

The fifth estate also obtained exclusive interviews with members of the anonymous online group who were tracking Magnotta in late 2010 and notified authorities in early 2011 — more than a year before Lin's death — about their concerns regarding Magnotta.

Anyways, I thought the forum might be interested in the story either way. Fair warning - Source contains graphic content.

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 29-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
FYI

If you are an animal lover, don't follow the link. A group was tracking him for torturing animals. I can handle "graphic content" bu I did to want to read about that. Sick.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
FYI

If you are an animal lover, don't follow the link. A group was tracking him for torturing animals. I can handle "graphic content" bu I did to want to read about that. Sick.

No offence but when he killed the student, I think it is just as graphic as killing animals. It's more disconcerting to read about an animal get killed if you're an animal lover?

I don't get that.

Anyway, I think the point of the story is that the group was chasing him because of what he had done to animals... Which is something that should be comforting if you are fond of animals.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
It's more disconcerting to read about an animal get killed...?

Yes.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter

Originally posted by boncho
It's more disconcerting to read about an animal get killed...?

Yes.

Fair enough. I have family members that feel the same. Probably been treated better by their animals than they have humans.

I will remain slightly confused on the issue.

top topics

join