It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry and mighty Bill partnership.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'd bet that old Bill will get a Cabinet position under Kerry if he wins the election. He is getting awefully buddy buddy with him as of late. Does Bill want to make a political comback? Will he run for president say in the election? Tune in kids. Any thoughts about this possibly happening?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The only example I know of a former President being tapped to join a current President's administration is Gerald Ford being considered in 1980 for the vice-presidential slot with Reagan (Ford finally declined).

Usually, former Presidents play the role of elder statesmen going on special missions for the President.

For example, Carter, Ford and Nixon represented Reagan at Anwar al-Sadat's funeral in 1981. Nixon was also commissioned by both George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton for fact-finding missions in China and Russia (the mission in Russia happened in late 1993, if memory serves, only a few months before Nixon died). And Carter, of course, served as a negotiator for the departure of dictator Raoul Cedras in Haiti in 1994.

So in a Kerry administration, Clinton would probably play that kind of role.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
I'd bet that old Bill will get a Cabinet position under Kerry if he wins the election. He is getting awefully buddy buddy with him as of late. Does Bill want to make a political comback? Will he run for president say in the election? Tune in kids. Any thoughts about this possibly happening?

Bill will be campaigning with John Kerry in Pennsylvania and will also be spending the nights prior to the election in Florida along with Al Gore campaigning to get the vote out.

Theres a surprise in Ohio to go against Arnie

join