It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-Sponsored Trolls Monitor Internet & Interact With Users to Discredit Factual Information

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Using data mining for advertising is old news. The new trend is using it to profile. Turns out Minority Report didn't need three weird psychics after all.... just a ton of seemingly random data and the algorithms to analyze it.

Post often enough, even passively ( liking on FB, starring or flagging here ) and that data can become substantial enough for a personality profile or personality inventory to be generated. Then? Well Homeland Security is in the job of keeping us safe from each other, after all.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Using data mining for advertising is old news. The new trend is using it to profile. Turns out Minority Report didn't need three weird psychics after all.... just a ton of seemingly random data and the algorithms to analyze it.

Post often enough, even passively ( liking on FB, starring or flagging here ) and that data can become substantial enough for a personality profile or personality inventory to be generated. Then? Well Homeland Security is in the job of keeping us safe from each other, after all.

~Heff

Eh, using it to profile isn't new either. You're just catching on to it. Geez, I think one of our first projects was on that, and it was the mid 90s, and it wasn't new then either. We pitched integration of purchase data patterns. Easy to integrate into microprocessor based cash registers and POS systems.

The military was tasked with the problem in maybe 1995, and launched the first big scale machine for net data integration in 1998 late, it was a confirmation-of-principle setup, not even that good, but worked well enough to redo and relaunch as the next version, which runs today. It's much more elaborate. There's several versions of it, too, running in maybe a dozen places in the US.

You're also right about people liking and starring things, and with some analysis, you can figure out who knows whom in real life.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

you assume too much, ego is not a motivator as I have none to feed. And there is no substance because you aren't being very specific.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

you assume too much, ego is not a motivator as I have none to feed. And there is no substance because you aren't being very specific.

Lol... I am not the one who is trashing the reputations of some 30,000 people, mon ami..... You are the one who has to answer for that. Shall I remind you? At no point have I been vague in asking you to provide proof as to why you are making these baseless claims.

CIA isnt very bright....their intellignece took a back seat in the mid 90's. Some of the stuff they do is rather juvenille and I could care less if they watch me. They could come knock on my door if they wanted to, all they would get is a conversation of how ancient they are in a world that doesn't need them anymore.

They not scary anymore....they hold no mystique, they are women's shoe salesmen.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why so defensive?

The reputations of those 30,000 people are only as good as their director's.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Why so defensive?

I don't see where you could pick up "defensiveness" in any part of my reply... Interesting observation and insight into your assumptions. I simply asked the poster to provide proof of his opinion as he was making a general, vague claim. I believe that kind of request is pretty standard on ATS and in no way "defensive." Nonsense....

Originally posted by ausername
The reputations of those 30,000 people are only as good as their director's.

That statement is so ridiculous that it's laughable.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Friendly reminder....

The topic is "CIA-Sponsored Trolls Monitor Internet & Interact With Users to Discredit Factual Information" - not one another.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MARKjAUSTIN
reply to post by Jukiodone

Original plans for increased NSA departments and untitled field operations began prior to 9-11-01. I applied in 99 but didn't start training till Sept 02. Thanks to all those concerned about us spending more of our work time on format but i just wanted to provide a quick "comment" about our current point of concern. Your tax dollars go to many defense contractors who have networked research depts. Many international corporations receive some level of government funding. We primairly scan and do not interact. I'll submit this log of ATS interaction for FBI and HOMELAND SECURITY review along with a brief personal note about your "presentation" concerns being more important than actual content. Believe it or not, most of us would not do our jobs if we were not truly concerned for your safety which includes preventing human loss if possible. Being a civil servant does not pay that well. We value all your additional research and hotline tips. Have a safe holiday season. www.ready.gov

Errr Mark.....,
Why are you submitting this "interaction" to FBI and "HOMELAND SECURITY" when it TOOK PLACE ON A PUBLIC FORUM OF A WEBSITE THAT IS CACHED IN GOOGLE AND ARCHIVED/SEARCHABLE.

Sounds to me like you might actually be a backtracker for the Cyberpolice.

edit on 2-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone

Errr Mark.....,
Why are you submitting this "interaction" to FBI and "HOMELAND SECURITY" when it TOOK PLACE ON A PUBLIC FORUM OF A WEBSITE THAT IS CACHED IN GOOGLE AND ARCHIVED/SEARCHABLE.

It was all already in their database and being run through algorithms before the posts were live.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I should have been more clear in my meaning, apologies.

By "new" I was referring to the ability to create a personality profile based solely upon large sums of otherwise circumstantial and seemingly irrelevant information and a Federal motive and desire to take action based upon such profiles.

Automated predictive behavioral modeling systems.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Bedlam

I should have been more clear in my meaning, apologies.

By "new" I was referring to the ability to create a personality profile based solely upon large sums of otherwise circumstantial and seemingly irrelevant information and a Federal motive and desire to take action based upon such profiles.

Automated predictive behavioral modeling systems.

~Heff

No, no, that's exactly what I'm talking about. They were doing analyses of behavior way back, trying to develop the thing as a profiling system. It started back with the Agency in the 70s - they had a profiling tool that was in a big three ring binder, if you had a LOT of info on a target, you could fill this tool out and develop a predictive model on the guy. That was something that fascinated the government, but it was so friggin' unwieldy that you couldn't often do it.

So they were looking for behavioral cues that actually had data in them that could be computer processed and collected by automation, and one we pitched was purchasing patterns. If you looked at what people bought, and when, and where, you could at the very least develop an index of "normalcy", that is, if you had this info, you could tell when a target was having situational stress, and to what degree. It also gave you some correlations to political state, race, country of origin and whatnot. If you eat balut, it's not likely you're a Texas republican.

You can also use it to confirm things like physical visits - if Joe visits Susie, and Susie's patterns suddenly reflect a Joe bias - say Joe's a Coke drinker - then you'll see that. It got refined later, at the time too we could only tie purchasers to purchases if they paid by check or debit card, but now there's these neat affiliation cards, so it's easier to connect you to a purchase. Some stores secretly photograph everyone at the register, too, and tie it to receipts, so it's possible to use facial biometrics for that.

But things like that were being done before the mid-90's, we were on the third or fourth wave of bids, and then you got DIA starting to build large scale behavioral analyses right after that, and now they incorporate stuff like, like ATS posts for example, Facebook and whatnot, along with any other place you post and they can get to. All that crap is stirred into a big behavioral model that describes your "normal" behavior and state space, and your relationships to other people.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yea im so tired of people lying to conceal themselves and getting so far away from the Bible (thou shalt not bear false witness). Im living in the synchronicity right now and things are happening for me, its just that im not so sure its based on God anymore. I definietly know that we are in some sort of timeline that people are watching and know whats going to happen in the future. I myself dont, and its pretty aggrivating that others can see where my life is going and whats going to happen to me before I even do. It sucks because I feel like I have no control of my life. I dont mind doing what im told, but when you grow up in a "free" country you expect to be able to make your own decisions. Its sad.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Let me get this straight, your asking me to provide proof of the failings of a secret organization whos business is to keep secrets.

Bay of Pigs anyone? World trade center bombing number 1? (and 9/11) The running joke that is Osama Bin Laden (nice fairy tale by the way)........Assassination of the President of Ecuador...Drug trafficking....

If I have to sit here and point out the obvious, we're gonna be here a long time and I didn't bring a lunch. And while not all CIA workers are corrupt tards that couldn't find their ass with a map, both hands, and a rear view mirror. They are definitely not very smooth...not like the Russians are...even Mossad has them pegged hands down as the Pimps of Intelligence.

So considering the broad range of CIA prowess that scares many so, you never did answer my question...

And the trashing isn't based off ego as I am indifferent.....to just about everyone around me...including you.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

S&F

I have no doubt this is real.

I think my latest thread has been attacked by "Big Pharma/Medical Establishment" shills/trolls.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Let me get this straight, your asking me to provide proof of the failings of a secret organization whos business is to keep secrets.

Bay of Pigs anyone? World trade center bombing number 1? (and 9/11) The running joke that is Osama Bin Laden (nice fairy tale by the way)........Assassination of the President of Ecuador...Drug trafficking....

If I have to sit here and point out the obvious, we're gonna be here a long time and I didn't bring a lunch. And while not all CIA workers are corrupt tards that couldn't find their ass with a map, both hands, and a rear view mirror. They are definitely not very smooth...not like the Russians are...even Mossad has them pegged hands down as the Pimps of Intelligence.

Here is what you said:

CIA isnt very bright....their intellignece took a back seat in the mid 90's. Some of the stuff they do is rather juvenille and I could care less if they watch me. They could come knock on my door if they wanted to, all they would get is a conversation of how ancient they are in a world that doesn't need them anymore.

They not scary anymore....they hold no mystique, they are women's shoe salesmen.

You think just because you can point out a situation or two where intelligence has failed that makes the CIA incompetent or "ancient?" There isn't a SINGLE intelligence agency in the world that hasn't had egg on its face at one time or another. However, there are many many things that our intelligence agencies have been involved in - successful operations - that you hear NOTHING about (as you shouldn't). So to lambast an agency who has no legal ability to come out publicly and defend itself or its successes really shows that your argument is nothing more than that of a women's shoe salesmen. Easy for you to take potshots at an agency that can't provide proof otherwise.

And its laughable that you think they'd want to waste their time watching you to begin with so I stick by my comment about your ego.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Youre just mad cause a crazy girl with a dog dropped a house on yer sister.....

And this isnt a site where I would be posting any proof of anything if I had any....im not stupid.

And seeing as how the CIA is a corporate run entity and not a government one....I stand by my statements as well.

When they sell yer ass down the river to save theirs, you will have all the proof you need.

Sorry i LOL'd rather hard when you asked for proof.....I thought that was quite funny.......

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Youre just mad cause a crazy girl with a dog dropped a house on yer sister.....

Nice way to lead off with a personal insult.... Classy....

And this isnt a site where I would be posting any proof of anything if I had any....im not stupid.

And seeing as how the CIA is a corporate run entity and not a government one....I stand by my statements as well.

When they sell yer ass down the river to save theirs, you will have all the proof you need.

Sorry i LOL'd rather hard when you asked for proof.....I thought that was quite funny.......

This comment doesn't even make any sense. You are the individual running around claiming that the CIA are a bunch of used-up has-beens and a non-entity in the intelligence world. I simply told you that is a ridiculous statement because...by your own acknowledgement....you are basing that opinion on media-driven "failures" such as in first world trade center bombing. It's ass-backwards to assume the CIA is a "failure" in their industry because the media reports a handful of situations where intelligence clearly failed, yet due to the nature of their business, the media CANNOT report or is limited in reporting their successes. You are basing your opinion from a highly skewed perspective of someone who is only hearing the "failures" and NOT the successes.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You are basing your opinion from a highly skewed perspective of someone who is only hearing the "failures" and NOT the successes.

Lol, this was one of the few sentences which highlights your hypocrisy. Including your last thread, maybe you should practice what you preach.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

BS!
A few thousand people cannot assimilate every communication in the world.
That's like photographing every snow flake in a snow storm.
Fear mongering.

How do you feel about your statement now with the Snowden revelations?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican
yeah I believe it. I have experienced it and observed it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join