It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-Sponsored Trolls Monitor Internet & Interact With Users to Discredit Factual Information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

It is not just the intelligence agencies. Big Corps and Pharma have there online reputation management sockies too.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Unfortunately some people are pointing their fingers at the wrong people. It really dampens civil discussion when the minute somebody doesn't like your position you suddenly become a govt troll. People make all kinds of outrageous accusations around here.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The CIA has always employed people to blend into the media(which today is the "interwebs"), so this seems like a natural evolution. Controlling(actually, effecting by participation/manipulation) public discourse and opinion has become a very viable and cost effective option by inserting "operatives" into the online flow.
Back in the 40s-90s the CIA posted people in newspapers(e.g., Washington Post, Woodward), news organizations (UPI, AP, etc.) to plant stories of various kinds to further their disinformation and control agenda.
Today its the internet, and ALL digital communication (thank you FISA Amendment Act and the "Patriot" Act). Ever since 1947, the intelligence "community"(NRO, DIA, CIA, etc.) has been beyond the control of any branch of government. This is unconstitutional! Why do you think Eisenhower mentioned the threat of the "military-industrial complex" as he left office? IT WAS ALREADY TOO LATE! He knew it, but was powerless to do anything about it.
Various "conspiracy theories" attribute this to the evolution of a power elite that began in 19th century Europe as the banking "industry" developed and influenced nation-state conflicts. Continuing into the U.S., an elite group of industrialists(funded by international banking interests) began the systematic plundering and looting of natural resources and, as their wealth and power grew, influenced and controlled both domestic and foreign policy to further their avarice. Into the 20th century, the consolidation of energy resources(oil) and intelligence (to insure their grasp and control) caused international conflicts which resulted in a further consolidation of their control.
For example, Prescott Bush (former Wall St. banker, Conn. senator and father of George H.W. Bush) profited immensely by investing in the military hardware buildup of Nazi Germany. His son was involved in the intelligence community beginning in WWII, aiding the energy/intelligence machine as it moved to west Texas, the Mideast, and Central and South America. Allen Dulles, the head of the CIA, had a hand in guiding/controlling all developments of the HIGHLY profitable oil/energy business. Before the Batista regime in Cuba fell, U.S. oil companies had leased VAST areas of both land and offshore sites for oil drilling. Castro canceled their claims. The Bay of Pigs invasion was supposed to wrest control back to the oil companies, but JFK refused to back the effort. Guess what happened to him? Guess where George H.W. Bush was on November 22 and 23, 1963? Dallas, TX, although he claimed "not to remember" where he was that day. NO ONE who was alive then cannot remember where they were when they heard the news. From that day, no U.S. president has been selected and elected by "the people". The intelligence/energy elite have controlled and conspired to make sure their interests, and POWER would be protected. They have bought off Congress, the Supreme Court and the presidency(although some presidents had/have no idea what was actually going on). Because of their deep and longstanding control of the intelligence and military-industrial complex, they have created a compartmentalized organization that stifles technological developments and societal evolution by creating a perpetual war culture in the U.S. We're at war with drugs, terrorists and anyone or group that dares cross the line of their control.
Sound paranoid? Sure it does. But ask yourself this: How was it we went from the Wright Brothers in 1903, to the moon in 66 years, but in the 43 years since then(and with the addition of the explosion of digital technology) we haven't advanced beyond the same solid fuel rockets we used in the 60s? Do you think this makes ANY sense? As just one example of the stifling of technological development, look up Dr. Ning Li, University of Alabama.
We've lost our republic.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlannAs just one example of the stifling of technological development, look up Dr. Ning Li, University of Alabama.
We've lost our republic.

She didn't get stifled, she misappropriated her funding and ran for it to China.

There's a bit of difference.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
"She didn't get stifled, she misappropriated her funding and ran for it to China."

Oh really? Please state the source of that information. Otherwise, you have no "street cred", i.e., you're a disinformer.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Slann

Pfft. Do you know the story? Or are you getting your facts from GLP? I've met her, was familiar with the guys at NASA MSFC's exotic propulsion group, was working at Redstone on various projects at the time the Ning Li thing went down.

She received non line-item funding to develop a physical prototype. She chose not to.

edit to add: if you like, I can probably find the "other funding" document she was funded under, it was 2001, IIRC.

further edit to add: oh, yeah, some background, sorry - I got my physics masters at UAH about this time period since we were in business there at the time, it was sort of hard NOT to be apprised of this stuff if you had your eyes half open
edit on 1-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I haven't met Dr Li. However, I know that after she founded AC Gravity LLC, she received a grant from the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command for approximately $500K. After that, I have not much information, except that her developments were not specifically related to the Meissner effect.
Antigravity research has been conducted by many groups and individuals since at least the 1940s. T. Townsend Brown and others have demonstrated efficacy of their research. Many corporations(GE, EG&G, etc.) have done extensive R&D.
But back to the point: what is the source of your information that Dr. Li misappropriated her funding and went to China?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slann
I haven't met Dr Li. However, I know that after she founded AC Gravity LLC, she received a grant from the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command for approximately $500K. After that, I have not much information, except that her developments were not specifically related to the Meissner effect.

Yep, that was about it. I commented on it about the time I showed up here, many years ago:

link...
link...

there's some data there. But it was one of those things you had to be there for. She got the funding to develop a device. She did not. She worked on a lot of theoretical development instead, which would have been ok if that's what she had been funded for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Department of Defense Annual Report on Cooperative Agreements and Other Transactions Entered into During FY2001 Under 10 USC 2371
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreement Number: DAAH01-01-9-R001

Type of Agreement: Other Transaction for Prototype

Title: Gravito - Electro Magnetic Superconductivity Experiment

Awarding Office: US Army Aviation and Missile Command (AMCOM), AMSAM-AC-RD-BA

Awardee: AC Gravity, LLD

Effective Date: 25 Apr 2001

Completion Date: 25 Sep 2002

U.S. Government Dollars: $448,970

Non-Government Dollars: $ 0

Dollars Returned to Government Account: $ 0

Technical objective of this effort including the technology areas in which the project was conducted:

Approximately 10 years ago Dr. Ning Li, then a research physicist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, began working on a theoretical model of forces generated by type-II superconductors and the possibility of generating and controlling significant gravitational forces via this new theory. The basic idea of Dr Li's is that a superconducting disk will produce a significant gravitational field if a certain type of magnetic field is externally applied. This Other Transaction will represent the first attempt to experimentally confirm some of the theoretical predictions of this theory. It is hoped that providing experimental confirmation of the theory to the scientific community will validate the theory and allow the securing of further funding to develop a practical application of this technology.

Extent to which the cooperative agreement or other transaction has contributed to a broadening of the Technology and industrial base available for meeting Department of Defense needs:

This Other Transaction will allow the principal researcher (Dr. Li) to attempt experimental confirmation of a theoretical model of forces generated by type II semiconductors and the possibility of generating and controlling significant gravitational forces via this new theory. If successful, the payoffs would be enormous. i.e., the ability to generate gravitational forces artificially would allow for new forms of propulsion, new ways of controlling missiles and gun-launched munitions, the lowering of weight of heavy vehicles (i.e., making a 70 ton tank appear to weight much less), and the potential of deflecting or countering the guidance systems of missiles which rely on inertial guidance (like theater or intercontinental ballistic missiles). If unsuccessful, this avenue can be eliminated from future efforts, and would put to rest the controversy surrounding these theories.

Extent to which the cooperative agreement or other transaction has fostered within the technology and industrial base new relationships and practices that support the national security of the USA:

The company AC Gravity Inc., owned by Dr. Li, is considered to be a non-traditional contractor in that this company has not previously had any Government contracts or assistance instruments, such as grants or cooperative agreements. The potential of the cutting edge technology that is hoped to result from the confirmation of the experiment being conducted under this effort is of primary interest to the Government. The use of an OT is viewed as an appropriate means of attracting this company in its initial endeavor to do business with the Government because it eases much of the "red tape" that AC Gravity and other contractors associate with doing Government business. The success of this experiment would be of enormous value to DOD weapons and weapon systems.

"Other funding" is a way to slip past a lot of the checks and balances, as I stated in the above links, we've gotten substantial "other transactions" in the past. Hang on, there's other descriptions of her funding to be had...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Meh, can't get to it from here. There was a really interesting funding document that also had Boeing's PhantomWorks getting 32 million for an invisibility cloak back in 2001 as the next line item.

Anyways, there's info that's amazingly not on web pages, although you can probably find it if you look. She didn't develop a prototype. Not only didn't she, she didn't on purpose, it was a big stinky in town.

And then she sort of dropped out of sight, as you will see I long ago discussed on the above links, and then the next time she showed up, it was doing antigravity research in China.

edit to add: there was also a really really big interest from PhantomWorks in this thing at one time, that's also something I probably can't find a link to. But they worked on it anyway, if you look at one of the links I sort of allude to it in oblique.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
At one time this was on space.com but you can't find it now:

The main university professor involved with the project, Ning Li, has since left the school. She said she has founded a company in Huntsville that also will market a gravity-shield device.

Li said she dropped the NASA collaboration and decided to work independently after the agency "wasted" the project's money and resources.

Koczor said the project fell apart not because of incompetence, but because Li was primarily interested in proving her theories of why the "gravity shield" would work. That differed from NASA's goal of simply building a working device, he said.

"She wanted the research to focus on her particular theory. Our intent was simply to show there was a gravity effect, without saying 'theory A is right' or 'theory B is right,'" he explained.

link...

Wasn't really expecting to find something "in print". Some of this stuff you have to be there.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlannOtherwise, you have no "street cred", i.e., you're a disinformer.

Oh, and I've got plenty of "street cred" in the business, or I've got a lot of people fooled. Just because things don't have web pages doesn't make them false. In fact, very little of the "good stuff" is on the net.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
And yeah, they do that too. Create a diversion, a red herring, if you will. They dont discuss the topic at hand, just distribute snippets of information to distract the reader form the thread (threat).

Warfare has changed as the battle ground moves into the digital realm, information is the weapon. The more informed we are, the less likely we are to become a casualty.

Communications Combatants... oh dear.

EDIT: of course there is nothing stopping us creating our own databases

edit on 1-12-2012 by cartenz because: MySQL

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

The average human drone that has drunk up all the state sponsored party line on everything, generally void of their own opinions and lacking the capacity / inquisitiveness / intelligence to even try forming their own ideas. They go through life wearing blinkers, they do a job as they are told, often under the guise of being superior to those they are monitoring (they crossed the line).

Often the unremarkable people that weren't picked for sport or didn't stand out at anything at school or college, they aren't the inventors or the innovators, certainly aren't the revolutionaries, they are the opposite pole to this, they are conditioned through lack of praise, lack of feeling worthy of attention through their developing years that has given them a sense of 'now I can be above those that were above me'.

Some of this profile type harbour slight psychotic tendencies, due to being ignored and powerless most of their years to now having something they see as a perceived power over those that were always chosen first or always somehow 'better'. This perceived power is highly regarded by this profile type, they are conditioned to feeling of loyalty to this power, loyalty over ethics.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminated0ne

A voice of reason on ATS, I'm shocked.

I've been called a govt shill and the like a few times here, just for trying to bring reason to ridiculous theories and topics that present no proof/evidence for their claims (happens all the time here obviously). It's really pretty sad, for some reason I want to help people stop being so gullible and paranoid but it's pointless and you just get attacked for it, o well, have fun with your delusions folks, including the one presented in this topic with a grand claim on a blog with, what do you know, no proof and evidence whatsoever once again. But people buy into it with no proof just because it fits in with what they WANT to believe.

Now I won't claim that a govt agent has never ever posted propaganda on a forum ever, it may have happened, but seriously folks, and army of them trolling ATS? Get over yourselves, the CIA doesn't give a damn about a bunch of people believing in Nibiru, youtube "ufo" dots in the sky, repitilians and other crazy theories, they've got bigger fish to fry. Whatever extremely rare factual things might appear on these forums are already discredited and lost in the noise of the 99% of ridiculous stuff that gets posted here by regular paranoid members, without the "CIA" having to lift a finger. Why would the CIA need to discredit and troll a forum when a large portion of the regular members already do that themselves?
edit on 1-12-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by illuminated0ne

A voice of reason on ATS, I'm shocked.

If you find us all unreasonable, you dont have to contribute to the site, or maybe you do?

...Why would the CIA need to discredit and troll a forum when a large portion of the regular members already do that themselves?
edit on 1-12-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

I was actually thinking a similar thing, that instead of renumeration, these trolls would be given immunity from prosecution--Say one of the alphabet agencies caught a lot of people doing illegal things online, instead of naming, shaming and jailing these (poor excuses for) people, the alphabet agency gets these people to do the "public relations" and "social media marketing" for them. I can imagine that a person with no moral compass may prefer to be a governmental propagandist, rather than get prosecuted for say CP...

Next time I encounter someone who I believe to be one of these "nothing to see here" trolls, Im not going to assume that they are an agent, no--Im going to assume that the're a paedophile.
edit on 1-12-2012 by cartenz because: tere, their and the're

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

You are right, what they are doing is singling out possible threats, they isolate, then attack, what's scary is that if governments want to present a particular view point, they can focus on individuals whom attack the government's view point, so in essence if the government wants to portray a lie as truth, they can assault those via trolling with info to support the lie and counter truth. Ideas are like a stone dropped in a pond, or an infection, one person reads it they respond or talk about it with friends or family and it spreads, if governments are afraid of the truth infecting others they can try and counter it, scary if true, the internet empowers individuals, governments don't like this.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i do believe in all communications including internet are screened for keywords...this is done by a program
when keywords pop-up it gets directed into a screening depts...deeper more actue program
if communications pass certain levels of filtering a person processes if action is needed or not
do they have bots with auto-reply...i'm sure

anymore though
most issues are self cancelling
i bet issues fall in problem solved...they cancel eachother now...remove filter

edit on 1-12-2012 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The facility has the technological ability to record and analyze every communication in the world.

In America at least, it would seem.

However recording everything in the world would not seem unique since it's been instigated by intel agencies around the globe for decades, who of course share their "obtained" information with allied agencies.

And they still couldn't find Bin Laden.. well it would be pretty tough to find a dead man

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What really happened in Benghazi before, during and after the attack at the consulate on 9/11?

It's amazing how effective their new methods can be.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Most of what you say is true, except that many seem to believe that this is about Americans.

They have already used most of this in the Middle East, and Africa. And they are right now. Tunisia, Libya, Syria, Egypt, Iran and others have been major covert operations for a long time now. They have algorithms that can function in any culture and language. They can (along with real operatives on the ground) accomplish regime change, and destabilizing the populous, incite uprisings, protests and violence, all without major direct military involvement. Once the Assad regime falls in Syria, the focus will shift to Iran.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join