It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists May Have Found Hades

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This explains everything....Man's Fall from Heaven
The VEIL.
EGYPT, Pharaohs and the after life
CHRIST'S Descent into Sheol to Free Souls
CHRIST rips the Veils..Opens the Seals, Portal
Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Lutheran, Calvinist, Church of Latter Day all believe Christs descent into the underworld, and believe it is scriptural and teach it according to Wikipedia. So this is a very old belief, its just no taught in the modern church...en.wikipedia.org...

Since heaven was far removed from Shoel (underworld) the only way through it was through the flesh. In spirit Christ was the son of God who volunteered to come in the flesh ..Die in the flesh and descend into the underworld to rip the veil (star gate, portal, seal) and set the captives free.
The premise is All man went to Shoel because of Sin, the only way to open the seal, gate, portal to the underworld was to be sinless, Christ came in the flesh, died in the flesh to go to the underworld to open the seals to free mankind from going to the underworld, and now the kingdom of heaven is open to all men. God freed the Israelites from Egypt because they were trying to escape Sheol on their own.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Anyone who looks at mythology for a second knows it's not "based" on silly caves or hills or whatever.. It's trying to explain the deeper human condition of consciousness.. It's more psychology than anything, but moves into the journey of the soul. Especially the Journey of the soul near and after death.

In the Odyssey, the underworld is located beyond the Western horizon. Odysseus, instructed by sorceress Circe to cross the Ocean[2] and assisted by the North Wind, reaches the underworld by ship from Circe's island.[3] Later on, the ghosts of the suitors who have died are herded there by Hermes Psychopompus, the guide of the dead. He herds them through the hollows of the earth, beyond the earth-encircling river Oceanus and the gates of the (setting) Sun to their final resting place in Hades.

Link

Even if you wanted that to be earth you'd have to look over near America and find any small cave that contains 5 Rivers and a pit straight to hell hahahaha....

I very much doubt these myths started as deep insight into the journey of souls after death. Far more likely, the existing stories were modified as people drew associations with the content, and made to be more appealing, or more impactful as these associations were made. Incorporating feedback into the narrative. You'll remember that The Oddyssey was a poetic telling of a collection of stories that had been passed down orally. Oral retellings are never the same twice.

Remember how your uncle once caught a fish this big? And how the next time you heard the story, it was THIS big?

Guy goes into a cave where people are put to work. Except it was worse than that. And bigger. And paying off your debt doesn't just take a long time. It takes all of the time. And there are snakes. But the snakes aren't normal. They're big. They have... Um... Three heads. Like the dog which -- did I mention the dog has three heads?

It doesn't take long to go from a forced labour camp with burial grounds to the very pits of hell. It just takes an audience. I think I forgot to get to the point. I think the solar system analogy is a bit of a stretch. I think the "soo far away!" was an exaggeration based on the fact everyone back then even thought it was a myth, and I think a cave makes it much more likely that some of those ancient stories actually happened... But they had a lot less commercial appeal when they originally happened.

Guy owes a lot of money, so his wife is taken to the whore cave. (You know the one...by the buryin' pit.) Guy gets some money and pays for her release.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I feel the need to go watch Chris De Burgh..don't pay the ferryman

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

Where did you hear that from?

First -- "Hades" was a "god" (son of Cronus and Rhea -- Titans) who ruled "the Underworld."

Second -- he wasn't good or evil. He simply ruled over the dead. All of them. Finis.

Greek mythology predates Christianity by hundreds or even thousands of years. That doesn't make it "true" or anything. It just means that the Greeks had no concept of "Hell" as Christians came to know it.

I didn't necessarily hear it from anywhere,just making comparisons with other civilisations views of afterlife,the idea of a Heaven and Hell probably predates the Greeks,but thats just coming out my @ss.
I did not invest anytime in learning too much of past civilisations mythology,as it is kinda irrelevant,except for use in discussion.
But from the comparisons I can make that made me believe it was similiar to a Hell of sorts was...Hades was the "ruler of the underworld" much like Satan is the "ruler of Hell" ,just as Olympus,Mountain of the Gods could be considered a "Heaven" as only Gods inhabited it.
Be as detail oriented as you want,it just sounded similiar to me.
People from the dawn of time have been questioning the afterlife,and typically,their ideas have all been identical,if not a little the same.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The grave.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Looks like a neither realm access point. Nice find Op
Hades, hmm? Snf

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join