It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists May Have Found Hades

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Hades (hell) is a place on or in Earth? Is that a hell just for earthlings? I mean it would have to be because I doubt all the "bad" people in the universe could fit in there. So this is a temporary hell and the real one comes later? Where is that do you suppose?

You mean God keeps a whole other final forever hell for every bad entity in the whole Universe for people to stay in where they burn and "die" forever? Thats like worse than Hitlers worst concentration camp. At least Hitler killed people off eventually... nobody is consigned to Auschwitz forever, with Gods angels guarding the entrance or towers, whatever?

Would have to be a really big place too, because since the universe is infinity old and people been going there forever, it would have to be infinitely huge, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
They say 5000 people lived there and then the cave entrance collapsed. So that means there are 5000 skeletons right?

I'm just ensuring scientists haven't embellished the facts a little like they are prone to do... you know "lucy' having human features and human hands and feet even those she was found without hands ad feet or a face !

Sounds like a prequel to the movie the decent
Anyway, Hades is a beautiful place !

But the Naica crystal caves in Mexico still triumph it

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
So let me get this straight...

Hades (hell) is a place on or in Earth? Is that a hell just for earthlings? I mean it would have to be because I doubt all the "bad" people in the universe could fit in there. So this is a temporary hell and the real one comes later? Where is that do you suppose?

Hades is all of the afterlife... Not just hell, althout the pit is included in afterlife.. Oddly enough you'll find that Fire is not the pit, but a purification.. Those souls who cannot be purified, (no chance of ever coming back to good) go into the pit with the titans.. The underworld as it is called is not in the world.. It is more like the dimensions that hold up this 3D world.. They feel down and backward.. Like falling.. Look at alice in wonderland..

Modern culture having less experience of the depths of the soul often think of good and heaven as being up.. It's just a mental preference that we like the happier ideas.. Greeks were more about the tragedies of life..

To be honest it's not in a direction at all.. Your mind makes up the movement.. Falling asleep for example...

Would have to be a really big place too, because since the universe is infinity old and people been going there forever, it would have to be infinitely huge, right?

How many people can fit inside a dream?

Big is a relative term to time... When there is no time, there is infinite space... These 2 are inversely proportional. Increase one and the other shrinks, but make one 0 and they will both be gone...

But you don't stay in the underworld... Always in movement the soul is.
edit on 11/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Kind of contradicting yourself here and there. I mean that gently, not as an insult... just discussion.

If Hell were a place (even in a dream) then that place has bounds. However you cut it, it is described as a place.

That means it has boundaries and an entrance... with a door... and a key...to keep people there. Otherwise you'd leave right? If you could? Who wants to be in hell after all. If the "underworld", then its not a dream, which is a figment anyway of imagination.

All the descriptions for a "hell" (a place of punishment) associate it with a place--- a "lake of fire", that is "never quenched", where souls are destroyed in the "second death" after something called Judgment Day?

Why the Universe is full of "Hells". Every star system has one.

Disassociated sub atomic particles, for ever. Well, billions of years anyway. Might as well be forever. Gravity is the key. Nobody gets out of there... like we never were.

Ancients that described a close up of the sun couldn't possibly describe what they were seeing. We have the instruments today to look upon our lake of unquenchable fire.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I don't care what others say of hell we are talking about the greeks here.. The Pit does not contain fire.. That would be a luxury..

Hell is not a punishment, it is a magnet more like.. I am in a different body than you.. It suits me.

These "places" are infinite when in eternity..

Space and time are ONE thing. Think about this.. I am only speaking physics here not beliefs.. Inverse proportionality.. This only works within the "other" realms the dream lands the underworlds..

You only think of hell as punishment for the fear of pain... It is as it is.. It's not good or bad as your human mind wants it to be.

If I drive off a cliff and start falling should I then ask "who is punishing me?" Or should I know that I did that??

Everything is relative, however, When you are above space time you cannot be relative to size or place...

There is no place you can point at and say that's hell or that is heaven.. It's not in space as we know it.

I didn't contradict myself.. These words are all words based on 3d minds thinking.. I would have to speak a whole new language that doesn't rely on directions and places to describe things.. They called it the underworld because it feels like you fall to get there.. This is more akin to shrinking into the middle out of 3d than falling down... There isn't any way I can explain what these "places" (see that word is wrong) Are..

There is no physical movement though.. It feels like there is because a soul that Identifies itself as having a locality views other places as something it must go to.. It's a mental shift, but feels like moving down.. Like going through a divorce.. Through? I'm OVER him. over? these words are meant to imply distance to imply time.. Over implies a distance of thought from someone else, Distance?

Fire purifies everything ever heard of charcoal filters? There would be no point to burn except to remove the impurites.. You could view it as punishment, but if you go out and play in the mud your mom might hose you off outside, not as punishment, but because you cannot enter the house dirty.. Why should a dirty soul be around clean ones to dirty and corrupt them?

It's basically like this... How heavy are you? the lighter something is the more it will float in a fluid.. You are like this something.. This fluid is the "underworld" It's not that someone comes along and pushes your head under water if they think you look heavy, it's that you are heavy and you sink into the abyss...

They viewed it as punishment because they personified the whole thing. People have actions... Without all the Gods mixed in there is no punishment.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I agree with Dustytoad, the concept of the underworld and all the different places and rivers is most certainly based on occult information, I'm certain there are mystics around that understand the specific symbolism/tradition.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

I agree with Dustytoad, the concept of the underworld and all the different places and rivers is most certainly based on occult information, I'm certain there are mystics around that understand the specific symbolism/tradition.

Yes.

Source

Upon death a soul is lead by Hermes to the entrance of the underworld and the ferry across the Acheron. There is a single ferry run by Charon to take the souls across the river. Only those who can pay the fare, with coins placed on their lips when buried, receive passage. The rest are trapped between two worlds. The souls then enter through the gates. Cerberus will allow all to enter but, none to leave.

Guarded by the all too common three headed dog. did they find his skeleton in the cave?

but to the point.. Anyone see the matrix? it explained this exact part.. The Train man works for the frenchmen. He ferries you across the void into the other world.. It's the only way to get across the nothing.. And only if you can pay him.. Where our day uses trains they used boats..

Oh and by the way he the trainman says "I am God DOWN here." It's a subway... A passage through other parts of the underworld..

The Greeks were a water culture so they will choose to use boats and travel within boats as symbols of other deeper thoughts. Water is an obvious soul word. So is vessel or boat..

Hercules and everyone else who ever goes down there runs the risk of forgetting themselves and becoming trapped.. This is in Inception to... Notice inception also calls it "down there"

It's an old story told in thousands of ways... It's a coded guide.. People have left you guys a map. Not a map with physical characteristics, but with mental ones.. In the end it's a journey we will all take alone.. Better be able to pay the toll...

Does your heart outweigh the feather of truth? don't be "heavyhearted" enlightened... Light hearted...

Wouldn't want to sink in the waters of heaven, now would we?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
So what really is Hades? I always thought it was Hell.

From what I can remember, he was known as the god of the underworld, Death and I guess hell also.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No, they didn't.

I'm pretty sure they were just in Detroit.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-11-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
I thought Hades was Hell as well..
I think these scientists are just saying this to make their discovery more astounding -_-

cool stuff though

Hades was definitely not the same thing as hell, at least in what they meant to people of the respective cultures/time periods. Hell is surely a derivative of Hades insofar as where the idea likely stemmed from. That said, the ancient "idea" of Hades may well have been an idea of what the afterlife would be, based on this real-life "underworld."

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There is no place you can point at and say that's hell or that is heaven.. It's not in space as we know it.

You just described the sun. I don't look at it as punishment either. There is no punishment, just zzzt... nevermore.

You either go on, continue, or not... forever. And you are right about the (what do we call it--- the fourth dimension?). It being outside space and time... or more like everywhere all at once. It is in the space all around us, we are just limited by our senses to detect it.

Once in a while though, we get a glimpse.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The hand me down stories of the Bible and other mythos are just that. Tall Tales that made somebody comfortable to go to bed at night because the mystery had been answered.

Coins on eyes? Thats a fee to bury the body (and keep the eyelids closed). Due to decay eyes might open, arms raise, even sit up . If you wanted to avoid all that just put two coins on the eyes and the undertaker will take the body when he comes and "ferry" it to the graveyard. Otherwise you got to deal with it.

The "pit" of "hell" is the gravity well of the entire solar system... the center of the sun.

There is no hell like we have been taught. If anything this life is hell. More so for some than others. The purging or forging occurs during our lifetimes. Like a sword in a blacksmiths forge, like a sapling in a storm, each of us is tuned by a lifetime of trauma.

I know one thing. Hitler types are never leaving this solar system. Them the Universe can do without.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's a cool find, but it seems like these scientists are always trying to claim they found the absolutely normal and non-supernatural cause of what they believe to be mythological stories that have in the past and are in some case in the present, held as truth.

They would serve themselves and the world better by simply disclosing their finds and allowing everyone else to draw existential conclusions from them.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I love when science and archaeology are able to explain where ancient myths have likely originated. If I remember correctly there is a cavern in South America that was supposedly the entrance to the Mayan underworld, or was it the Aztecs?

Anyhow, pretty cool stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

ha ha ha

That song with the old MTV video you posted immediately popped in my head too after reading what Spike Spiegle wrote!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Weird how the trappings of life seems to follow us into the world of the dead. Tolls ? I thought I would not need an income once I am dead. Now it seems I am going to be looking for work when I get there. I hope the afterlife economy is better than the living worlds and there will be a job for me when I need it.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

So basically the Greeks said the misery ends when life ends but the christians took it a step further and said the misery will follow you.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
TARTARUS, not Hades...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
It's a cool find, but it seems like these scientists are always trying to claim they found the absolutely normal and non-supernatural cause of what they believe to be mythological stories that have in the past and are in some case in the present, held as truth.

They would serve themselves and the world better by simply disclosing their finds and allowing everyone else to draw existential conclusions from them.

Exactly.. How scientific of them, to find something they said was made up and then prove it was all literal??? wow.. Times like these make me wish I could call those who study these things "scientists", but alas they are just researchers...

Anyone who looks at mythology for a second knows it's not "based" on silly caves or hills or whatever.. It's trying to explain the deeper human condition of consciousness.. It's more psychology than anything, but moves into the journey of the soul. Especially the Journey of the soul near and after death.

If they could even read the myths right I may listen next time... Hahaha...

In the Odyssey, the underworld is located beyond the Western horizon. Odysseus, instructed by sorceress Circe to cross the Ocean[2] and assisted by the North Wind, reaches the underworld by ship from Circe's island.[3] Later on, the ghosts of the suitors who have died are herded there by Hermes Psychopompus, the guide of the dead. He herds them through the hollows of the earth, beyond the earth-encircling river Oceanus and the gates of the (setting) Sun to their final resting place in Hades.

Link

Even if you wanted that to be earth you'd have to look over near America and find any small cave that contains 5 Rivers and a pit straight to hell hahahaha....

Don't even get those silly "scientists" started on hydras.. I'm sure they have found snakes that have their skin shedding so that must be where they got the idea that Hercules would fight a foe that the more you fight the stronger it gets... That doesn't sound like a psychology lesson at all though... Hmm.
edit on 12/2/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

So basically the Greeks said the misery ends when life ends but the christians took it a step further and said the misery will follow you.

Nope... A lot of the Christian view of Hell seems to be related to greek culture.. I made a post on the first page. You may want to see it..

The "Afterlife" is split into 3 main pieces... One for Good souls, One for bad souls, and one for neutral souls...

So no you don't get to end the "misery." Unless your "life line" can't be cut by the fates... This only occurs with a true Heroe's sacrifice..

This is all according to the ancient greeks mind you.

So your apparent random bash against christians can end there.. In trying to understand the human condition hell and heaven were imagined.. A LONG time ago.. How else do you make cavemen behave?? Does that mean these places don't exist in some way now and in the mind and after?

Does this mean you cannot be trapped in darkness? Heh... The misery continues as long as you live a miserable life, and no death will EVER rid you of life, so happy sailing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join