It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Christians would be treated under Sharia!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I have several Muslim friends, and they've expressed a few times that they cannot marry a woman who isn't Muslim, even if she were Christian

Looks like even your friends have it wrong. Muslim can marry Christian and even Jew but not Hindu or Buddhist or other non-Abrahamic religions. However, it is frowned upon by many muslim and you are hard pressed to find a Sheik who will marry you but there are some.

But yes, it is allowed. Maybe not in Iran. My experience is with more moderate Sunni.

You're half right. Muslim MEN can marry Christian or Jewish WOMEN, but Muslim WOMEN cannot generally marry Christian or Jewish MEN. It IS frowned upon by many Muslims, just as you say, and I've heard no end of bitching from Muslim women complaining about Muslim men who marry Christians or Jews - even some Muslim women who complain about Muslim men marrying "reverts" or "converts", women who were not born Muslim but who later converted.

Seems it makes some Muslim women feel... inadequate or something, and the acid tongue takes over.

My experience in the matter, and in most matters in general, are that the Shi'a are more flexible than most Sunni, and quite a bit easier to get along with. It appears that your mileage has varied from mine.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
You're half right. Muslim MEN can marry Christian or Jewish WOMEN, but Muslim WOMEN cannot generally marry Christian or Jewish MEN.

no that is true even for Shia. Shia has a concept called temporary marriage but even the rule you said, holds for that.
edit on 5-12-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

I have heard that a Shia woman beyond childbearing can marry a Christian or Jewish man if no suitable Muslim can be found to marry her - is that so?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
The part about marriage...

I have several Muslim friends, and they've expressed a few times that they cannot marry a woman who isn't Muslim, even if she were Christian. She had to convert. Some of those friends are already married, and at least one of them married a former Christian (she converted so she could marry), and one of them really loved a Catholic but couldn't pursue it further because she was unwilling to convert out of respect for her family and faith.

It's a nice treaty, but I don't think the majority of Muslims go by it, at least anymore. I think they just tolerate and perhaps respect Christians, but that seems to be where it ends.

I feel sorry for those who cannot fully enjoy love because their religion forbids it when it comes in a form that's deemed "wrong"...

This doesn't just apply to Muslims, but to a lot of cultures, and religions.

But nice way to stereotype one religion.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
What happened to that tolerant message?

It isn't reflective of the ideas of many Muslim leaders in the East today.

Many of the US leaders are Christians, but do they act like it?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
That was actually a very nice read, a very nice read indeed.

Of course both religions are and should be natural allies.

S&F

SS

Only someone who doesn't understand the spiritual basis of both nations would say that.

Actually, Islam and Christianity are very similar. More then Christians like to admit.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Moslems revere Jesus/Isa the true prophet of the God Most High.
Jews hunted down and killed Christ and His Apostles, later perverting His message by grafting early Christianity onto Judaic beliefs between the 2nd to 4th centuries A.D.

Are you for real?

Should I remind Christians of their 2,000 years of brutality??

Charlemagne, The the witch hunts, The crusades, the French Wars, the 30 years War, Reconquista, Ireland, the Spanish Inquisition.

It has been estimated that Christians have killed 90 million people throughout history.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

It has been estimated that Christians have killed 90 million people throughout history.

Historians estimate that about 270 million people have been killed by Jihad since Islam came onto this earth. Does that mean Islam is three times as violent as Christianity?

• 120 million Africans

• 60 million Christians

• 80 million Hindus

• 10 million Buddhists

Link

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What happened to that tolerant message?

It isn't reflective of the ideas of many Muslim leaders in the East today.

Many of the US leaders are Christians, but do they act like it?

I should have been more specific.

Christians are thrown in jail or worse for practicing their faith in some ME countries. We do it differently here. I don't see any Mosques being shut down in the US simply because they exist.

Muslim leaders in Middle Eastern countries have women stoned for adultery. That's pretty cool, I guess? We do that here, right?

When a married Muslim man rapes a 15 year old girl in some ME country, the law sentences her to be stoned to death, the rapist goes free. Do we handle things that way here?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

15 year old girl in some ME country,
the law sentences her to be stoned to
death, the rapist goes free. Do we
handle things that way here?

do you believe that?? Do you think muslims wouldnt see that as wrong and unjust as you would? Come on!!
Either someone has dehumanised muslims for you successfully or its just you!!
Try and get educated objectively either way.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by maes2

I have heard that a Shia woman beyond childbearing can marry a Christian or Jewish man if no suitable Muslim can be found to marry her - is that so?

well the civil law of Iran declares that a muslim woman can not marry non muslims. but because of other sects it does not ban the marriage of a muslim man with non muslims.
however most of Shia jurists believe that even a muslim man can not marry non muslims unless under a temporary marriage.
so the answer of your question is NO.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Moslems revere Jesus/Isa the true prophet of the God Most High.
Jews hunted down and killed Christ and His Apostles, later perverting His message by grafting early Christianity onto Judaic beliefs between the 2nd to 4th centuries A.D.

Are you for real?

Charlemagne, The the witch hunts, The crusades, the French Wars, the 30 years War, Reconquista, Ireland, the Spanish Inquisition.

Nope; I am a figment of your imagination.

Christians, or the Roman Catholic Church? Not exactly the same thing, you know. Political power plays are not Christian acts. Already discussed the actual cause of the Crusades. I think that leaves you with witch hunts.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

well the civil law of Iran declares that a muslim woman can not marry non muslims. but because of other sects it does not ban the marriage of a muslim man with non muslims.
however most of Shia jurists believe that even a muslim man can not marry non muslims unless under a temporary marriage.

Which promotes a pretty severe and heinous double standard, making non-muslims second-class citizens. I find that to be right in line with much of what is written above concerning non-muslims living in dhimmitude under Islamic law.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

edit on 6-12-2012 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Which promotes a pretty severe and heinous double standard, making non-muslims second-class citizens. I find that to be right in line with much of what is written above concerning non-muslims living in dhimmitude under Islamic law.

ya it is double standard. But answer me, would a christian husband aknowledge the religion and prophet of his muslim wife? Would he let her do the religious duties without a problem? Would he agree to let her follow halal food practices(no pork, no alcohol etc)? Would he let her wear hijab? Would he let her teach the children about islam?
Ofcourse two people who love each other will find ways, reach compromises and be together.
But an important decision is "what to teach the kids?" Jesus pbuh god or a prophet and Messiah? Because if the idea of him being god is let go, christianity and islam have the same value system.
So Islam thinks a practicing muslim woman would have a harder time with a christian than a muslim man with a christian wife, he can follow the OP.
And non practicing people, well they can do whatever they feel good, whats the need to get aknowledgement from the religion they dont even care to practice?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

where is the double standard ! where is the second class citizen !! all religions have such laws for themselves. I have chiristian and jew friends non of them feels that there is a double standard. because they have such laws for themselves.
the problem emerges when two religious persons from different religions fall in love with each other.

even there are many solutions in such cases. monotheistic religions are for better life in this world and in the other world so if one feels that it's life is getting worse so it should know that there is a problem somewhere.
incidentally when one speaks about monotheistic religions there are many common issues among them.
anyhow being a minority is being a minority. it is natural that one should get along with that.
every country has it's own characteristics.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Taliban execute woman accused of adultery
Iran to execute woman for adultery
Yes, I do believe it.

Try this.... Google search 'man executed for adultery'. You will get two hits for a story about a man in Saudi Arabia....but he was also charged with 'witchcraft'. They aren't backwards are they?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

adultery is punishable by death(stoning) in sharia. But let me define adultery according to sharia. "A married person having sexual relation with anyone other than the spouse"
a non married person who had sexual relation would get lashes(whipped) if a man and some prison time if a girl.
A rapist gets death(head chopped off)
but the raped girl is a victim why would she be stoned? Who told you that? Thats not sharia.
And the proceedings of the above cases takes place in court system has a judge, witnesses, evidences etc.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The 22 year old woman in Afghanistan was simply accused. An Afghan govt official was quoted as saying that what happened was wrong.

Executing people for 'witchcraft' ??? That is what I call living in the dark ages. I am traveling right now, but I will find and post a link to the story about the unmarried 15 y/o that was hung from a crane in Iran for adultery.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

The 22 year old woman in Afghanistan was simply accused. An Afghan govt official was quoted as saying that what happened was wrong.

Executing people for 'witchcraft' ??? That is what I call living in the dark ages. I am traveling right now, but I will find and post a link to the story about the unmarried 15 y/o that was hung from a crane in Iran for adultery.

i would never deny that this happened, and its very wrong, i will not defend any muslim if they are wrong.
What i want you to seperate is, what islam is and what people do. Have a similar standard, do you judge christianity by what the 'christian' world leaders are doing around the world? Then how you question what saudi monarchs do?
Hanging a 15yo girl for sex, thats disgusting!! People have a piety complex and then want to play god. God save everyone from these self righteous people! But i'l tell you what will happen to self righteous people who got such big egos that they played god. They will think their religiosity would take them to Heaven, but God would rightfully send them to Hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join