It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Left Is Targeting Bill O�Reilly & US military under Clinton ??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
They (neo-cons) have effectively made you believe Kerry is a waffler, when his stance has been the same from the beginning, which he explained on a few occasions. There's that brainwashing that I believe Rove's machine has done pretty well, take something out of context, repeat it enough, and many will believe it's true.

Well its not just me, its John Kerry also by his 'shapeshifting' positions,

John Kerry's Waffles
If you don't like the Democratic nominee's views, just wait a week.
By Michael Grunwald
Posted Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 2:46 PM PT

Head to head

slate.msn.com...

Last week, President Bush offered a wry critique of his Democratic challengers. "They're for tax cuts and against them. They're for NAFTA and against NAFTA. They're for the Patriot Act and against the Patriot Act. They're in favor of liberating Iraq, and opposed to it. And that's just one senator from Massachusetts." Now that John Kerry is the presumptive Democratic nominee, Republicans are sure to focus the spotlight on his history of flip-flops. Kerry did vote for the Patriot Act, the No Child Left Behind Act, and the war in Iraq, even though he constantly trashes the Patriot Act, the No Child Left Behind Act, and the war in Iraq. He voted against the Defense of Marriage Act, which limited marriage to a man and a woman, but he now says marriage should be limited to a man and a woman. (Although he also points out that he once attended a gay wedding.) And those are just the better-known issues on which Kerry has "evolved."

But lets see if he really is worried about the crowd in which he speaks, will he fabricate something? Lets take a look

Kerry Caught in Whopper Trying to Get the Cuban Vote

John Kerry doesn't just flip-flop in his desperate attempt to be all things to all voters; he even makes things up.

In an article Sunday in the Miami Herald that an alert reader just sent us, the soft-on-communism Washington waffler, pandering for the prized Cuban-American vote in crucial Florida, claimed: "I'm pretty tough on Castro, because I think he's running one of the last vestiges of a Stalinist secret police government in the world."

The Herald reported:

"Then, reaching back eight years to one of the more significant efforts to toughen sanctions on the communist island, Kerry volunteered: 'And I voted for the Helms-Burton legislation to be tough on companies that deal with him.' ...

"There is only one problem: Kerry voted against it," the newspaper noted.

www.newsmax.com...

How about gay marriage?

Gay Marriage - For
�While I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, for 200 years, this has been a state issue. I oppose this election year effort to amend the Constitution in an area that each state can adequately address, and I will vote against such an amendment if it comes to the Senate floor."

In 1996, Kerry voted against the federal Defense of Marriage Act, which defined marriage as a union of a man and woman. At the time, Kerry said he opposed gay marriage, but the law amounted to gay-bashing.

Kerry Supports Mass. Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage:

Gay Marriage - Against
"If the Massachusetts Legislature crafts an appropriate amendment that provides for partnership and civil unions, then I would support it, and it would advance the goal of equal protection,"

Kerry explained his opposition to gay marriage by saying it was simply �a matter of how I view the world. Culturally, historically and religiously I don�t believe that is a distinction that makes a difference.� Kerry said he backed civil unions of the type Dean had signed into law.

And one that personally tells me about the man...

Persian Gulf War 1

Persian Gulf War - Against

Kerry voted against the Authorization to use force against Iraq

�Rather than take a side--albeit the one he thought was most expedient--Kerry actually stood on both sides of the first Gulf war, much like he did this time around. Consider this �Notebook� item from TNR�s March 25, 1991 issue, which ran under the headline �Same Senator, Same Constituent�: �Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition ... to the early use of military force by the US against Iraq. I share your concerns. On January 11, I voted in favor of a resolution that would have insisted that economic sanctions be given more time to work and against a resolution giving the president the immediate authority to go to war.�

Persian Gulf War - For

Kerry voted for Nunn's rejected resolution which would allow sanctions time to remove Hussein from Kuwait.

(( Notice Sam Nunn's comments here, I liked him ))

Nunn Stated in 1996:
Retiring Sen. Sam Nunn now believes his vote against authorizing the Persian Gulf War hurt his credibility and removed once and for all whatever thoughts he had about running for president.

(( Guess he was wrong huh? ))

``I think I was wrong on that,'' said Nunn, calling it the greatest regret of his career as the Senate's unquestioned expert on national defense. ``I think I was wrong because if I had voted that way, it would have given a more solid vote for the authorization of the war, which I thought was justified.''

Kerry voted for the Concurrent Resolution supporting the effort to remove Iraq from Kuwait.

Here is a whole crap load list, dont take my word for it
www.nojohnkerry.org...

[edit on 25-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
www.nojohnkerry.org...

I think the name of the site says it all. I have attempted to use non-biased sources during this discussion, but this one is blatant. I will not take their word for it, I will go with my intuition, and it steers me FAR from Bush. But you follow yours also, vote Bush. I will vote Kerry. May the lesser of two evils win.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
www.nojohnkerry.org...

I think the name of the site says it all. I have attempted to use non-biased sources during this discussion, but this one is blatant. I will not take their word for it, I will go with my intuition, and it steers me FAR from Bush. But you follow yours also, vote Bush. I will vote Kerry. May the lesser of two evils win.

OH I admit it is biased, where am I to find all in one place?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I do not have an issue with with O'Reilly. Sure he is arrogant and egotistical, but he does try most of the time to get both sides of an issue. From what I have seen he only cuts off peoples mikes when they try to spin their b.s.

I can say this because I consider myself to be independent. Too many people do not like him not because of his actions but only because they do not want to hear an opposing arguement. Regardless, I think everyone can agree he is way better than Hannity ( talk about arrogant windbag )

As far as Clinton and the military all you have to do is look at his first Secretary of Defense; Les Aspen. Once you realize this the question of his stance on the military is crystal clear.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcatAs far as Clinton and the military all you have to do is look at his first Secretary of Defense; Les Aspen. Once you realize this the question of his stance on the military is crystal clear.

Never thought of it that way, makes some sense....

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
First, just a little advice you might want to stop all Novocain injections above your eyebrows.

Originally you did not want to discuss the budget at all, you wanted specific equipment Clinton approved. When I provided that, you said it was already in production, in your own spin. ����.

funny, you bring something up I hand you you�re a&& by exposing your general lack of knowledge�.and all of a sudden you bring up we didn�t want to discuss that, blah, blah, blah.

BAKERSFIELD, California (Los Angeles Times) -- Dick Cheney, the Republican vice presidential nominee, acknowledged Wednesday that military cutbacks began during the Bush administration but said further cuts under President Clinton had "gone too far."

I know I gave you a "freeby" as you will see it, because Cheney says Clinton took it too far, but what else would he say? He was running for Vice President at the time of this against Al Gore, but the key is, he began the cutbacks. Let's read some more:

One
so let�s see by your Novocain aided logic. one child is riding down the street close to my car, a second kid see that and rides so close he hits it�.I then ask the first child�s parents to fix it? Put the Kool-Aid down�step away from the Kool-Aid. Avoid all sharp objects until you stop feeling numb.

I DO win, who's the most likely to be biased? Who is most likely to spread misinformation to the public? ����.

It doesn�t surprise me that you know little to nothing about the military. So I guess in your mind you do. CBS ring a bell�..step away from the needle.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I guess you showed me! That's what I get for going up against the all knowing military genius.
But please, keep your hand away from my a$$!
I thought they didn't approve of that type of thing in the military!? Anyways, are you saying Cheney was not in favor of cutting the military budget as well?

P.S. It's spelled Novacaine, not Novocain, perhaps you should focus not so much on the military, but also on the english language in your quest for knowledge.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I guess you showed me! That's what I get for going up against the all knowing military genius.
But please, keep your hand away from my a$$!
I thought they didn't approve of that type of thing in the military!?

wake up that ain't me...turn on the lights you may feel whiskers but you probably don't want to announce it like that.

Anyways, are you saying Cheney was not in favor of cutting the military budget as well?

jeez, does your wife....if she's a she....have to read the paper to you as well.....duh...they both went down the same road.....one hit my car. gee i wonder what it meant.

P.S. It's spelled Novacaine, not Novocain, perhaps you should focus not so much on the military, but also on the english language in your quest for knowledge.

guess that's what i get for using word, another reason to hate bill.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
wake up that ain't me...turn on the lights you may feel whiskers but you probably don't want to announce it like that.

You're the one who said you handed me my a$$, way to try and turn it around.

jeez, does your wife....if she's a she....have to read the paper to you as well.....duh...they both went down the same road.....one hit my car. gee i wonder what it meant.

SHE, my GIRLfriend (way to test the waters, but it ain't happening
), wouldn't understand such a lame analogy either, I guess you'd better sign up for analogy classes with me.

guess that's what i get for using word, another reason to hate bill.

You hate everybody named Bill, don't you?!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

SHE, my GIRLfriend (way to test the waters, but it ain't happening
), wouldn't understand such a lame analogy either, I guess you'd better sign up for analogy classes with me.

Nah, don't need to I�m pretty sure only the immensely dense wouldn't get that one....it's fairly 121

As for bill, now that I think about�.I can�t think of one that�s not a dirtbag. Although I�m sure there are lots.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
Nah, don't need to I�m pretty sure only the immensely dense wouldn't get that one....it's fairly 121

As for bill, now that I think about�.I can�t think of one that�s not a dirtbag. Although I�m sure there are lots.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by keholmes]

I think this debate has gone slightly downhill, although it's amusing for both of us I'm sure, it's not really serving any purpose. I think we're both taking it personally to some degree, and that's not what this site should be about. We obviously have differing ideas, and we're not the only ones. It's a little ominous to see the state of our country right now, it's almost like a civil war (literally civil because no shots are fired), hopefully after this election we will be able to be the UNITED States again.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
27jd

well your right you were crackin me up...so I guess it's time to stop having fun......as for your last I hope so but I�d bet large sums against it happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join