It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Left Is Targeting Bill O�Reilly & US military under Clinton ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
Well, Ole Eddie is admitted Militia folk, so he's probably down in his bunker, polishing his guns, knitting doilies with the Nazi flag on them, watching wrasslin, trying NOT to peak over at the weightlifting magazines he tried NOT to buy, preparing for the next civil war against the liberals and the pinkos and them fellas that use them big words that hurt his brain.

# this is so funny!

Admitted Militia folk - Not even close, actually I am an electrical engineer from the 3rd ranked EE School in the United States. I dont have time to be in a militia, but I wouldnt rule it out in the future. You think I am some po-dunk Hillbilly I guess. Whatever. I am a Patriot and I believe in this country, not in the sense that you liberals do, "Give everything away, Slam God, Be Yellow in Foreign Policy". You say that I am a Bush lover, except that I have already told you many times that I campaigned against him. I just dont like the thought of electing a KNOWN traitor to the White House, as I feel it would be a new low for America. It is my opinon and I know I am out numbered in here, thats why I like it, So I can see the stupidity of the left. As for why so long to post? Well I have a #ing job! I work for my money, and I work hard. How many engineers would you see pulling 3C-500kCmil Armoured cable to help the guys get the job done so they can go home and spend time with their families? Well I am one and I put in a good blue collar day....so bite me. Funny thing is they are union contracters and I actually enjoy talking with them, yes they will probably vote Kerry, except for the Christian ones.

Liberals anti-American - Well they sure as hell arent Pro_American, they want to attack every American ideal till there are none. We will get our ass's kicked if we listen to the damn peacenicks. Let me take you back in time a bit, except for the young farts in here that would not remember the early 80's, but the Cold War was a serious business , and Carter had been a joke. A dumb ol actor came in power and preached "Peace Through Strength". And the liberals went nuts, same as today. Well Reagan was right as history well notes. So call me a nutcase, or whatever, but when it gets down to it, Bush will be elected and you liberals will have to wait for Hillary, and the reason Bush will win is that America is likeminded with me in general. ATS is not a good represenatation of the population. I am right wing for sure, happily admitted.

Civil War - No only the Dems will attempt that when they loose, the lawyers are ready for both sides. It will not happen unless the Government oversteps its bounds, such as the Patriot act was damn close.

Big Words - So you are calling me ignorant? Ok your so entitled.

O'Reilly - Well I to am watching this and I am giving him the benifit of the doubt, but if he did this, then yes he will loose my respect, BIGTIME! But it just seems to simple as of now......I thinj the odds are 70/30 that he is innocent...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBigD
Ed probably realized that he has been on the wrong side of the fence for a long time, and now he cant handle his blind faith for Bush. He is probably re-thinking his current philosophy as we speak or fighting for survival with his mind which is filled with propaganda.
[edit on 22-10-2004 by TheBigD]

Not on your best day. Most of what you liberals spew is garbage, you have your elitist ideals and I do not adhere to anything even close to that.

Originally posted by 27jd
Not likely, Bush supporters have an amazing immunity to logic.

Immunity? Oh man it that calling the kettle black.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Immunity? Oh man it that calling the kettle black.

Yes, immunity. You have clearly demonstrated that in your above post, what American ideals are liberals against? Attacking countries that are already defenseless? Don't try and debate me about logic, you believed we didn't give Saddam the weapons he used on his people, you were proven wrong. Then you said, well I was wrong about that, but Saddam supported terrorism, wrong again, as even Dick Cheney said in his own major flip-flop, Iraq did not have ties to Al Queda (he also said he never said they did, and we ALL know there is plenty of footage proving otherwise). The only terrorism he supported was the Palestinians against Israel, and he was BY FAR not the only Arab leader to do that. Is it an American ideal to send OUR kids to die for ISRAEL'S fight? I think not, they have their own army and it's not too shabby (being as they have all of our technology). They are perfectly capable of defending themselves. That is what I mean by immune to logic, no matter how much is provided to you, you reject it, and if it's definitively proven you are wrong, you make up a new reason. It is the neo-cons that are destroying American ideals. You say we would get our butts kicked with a liberal president? Here's some more logic your immune system will likely fight off, the army Bush is using to fight his MANY wars, is the army Clinton created, the technology he approved, but I'm sure you will not accept that, oh well, your bad.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Yes, immunity. You have clearly demonstrated that in your above post, what American ideals are liberals against? Attacking countries that are already defenseless? Don't try and debate me about logic, you believed we didn't give Saddam the weapons he used on his people, you were proven wrong.

As I so admitted, I did not know he got the nerve gas from the US, I thought it was Seimens that was the main contractors of the technology.

Originally posted by 27jd Here's some more logic your immune system will likely fight off, the army Bush is using to fight his MANY wars, is the army Clinton created, the technology he approved, but I'm sure you will not accept that, oh well, your bad.

Oh man thanks for this, you have just showed no knowledge whatsoever. Just what Army did Clinton create? The gay one? What technology are we using that Clinton approved? Look Clinton gutted the military and everyone knows this. What technolgies did Clinton cancel in his bid to balance the budget could we actually be using now?

This tells me that you have no leg to stand on, so I got the companies wrong on Nerve gas, but damn, not the whole picture of a Clinton Built military? Man are the Veterans of that time laughing hard

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Edslinger, Are you a Southern Baptist Law-Abiding Texan?

-It's a rhetorical question

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Edslinger, Are you a Southern Baptist Law-Abiding Texan?

-It's a rhetorical question

Nope Wisconsin Synod Lutheran, from Texas.......in Kaulifornia!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Its a rhetorical question.....your not suppose to answer those.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Its a rhetorical question.....your not suppose to answer those.

Well You were so close that I just had to.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
wow, Edsinger is an absolute machine for the Republican party and their agenda!

You come on here and post about 15 threads a day with articles that are so politically biased and partisan that the motto of this forum "Deny Ignorance" has a new level of meaning.

Well when the elections over Edsinger Bush won't need you anymore and your a$$ will be out of a job

Why don't you use your obvious propaganda talents to promote the Libertarian agenda instead of crooks like Bush and Cheney?

That said I like Bill O'reilly, I enjoy his show (though I don't agree with a lot of what he says) and find it interesting (I wish whenever Ann Coulter comes on she would die). But the guys been accused of sexual harrassment, a very serious offence. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty but still these are serious charges and the public has the duty to remain unbiased and not try and sway people's opinion with junk-articles. For the sake of the person who has claimed O'reilly sexual harrassed her let's be unbiased, open until it is proven that O'reilly did it or he didn't do it.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
LOL. They should rename the FOX network to the BUSH Network, or the Neocon Support Network. With a few exceptions, FOX is just a bunch of right wing blow hards who don't have a clue about anything. They survive by appealing to peoples base emotions, they push your fear buttons. Here is a hint, just because they say (all day long I might add) that they are "fair and balanced" doesn't mean that it is true. FOX is designed to appeal to people just like you, uninformed and intolerant of anyone who isn't just like you. BTW, you can thank those jerkoff liberals for things like the 40 hour work week, health insurance, unemployment benefits, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, overtime pay, the right of all citizens to vote, and landing on the moon (although there are a number of people here who think that never happened, lol). I know, I know, KILL EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT EM OUT . . . right, that will help.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
wow, Edsinger is an absolute machine for the Republican party and their agenda!

Would you believe I am a registered Indepenant?

Originally posted by drfunkYou come on here and post about 15 threads a day with articles that are so politically biased and partisan that the motto of this forum "Deny Ignorance" has a new level of meaning.

Well considering that the Left has the overwhelming majority here, I just need to make sure you see the light!

Originally posted by drfunkWell when the elections over Edsinger Bush won't need you anymore and your a$$ will be out of a job

Uh nope, have one of those. I just like to see y'all sqiurm win the Spin gets hammered.

Originally posted by drfunkWhy don't you use your obvious propaganda talents to promote the Libertarian agenda instead of crooks like Bush and Cheney?

Well Not sure about that one, I am thinking the constitutionalists myself.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am crying big crocodile tears for you poor right-wingers edsinger.
You feel it should be the right of O'Reilly and people of your ilk to attack anyone the choose and not be attacked back.

Boo Hoo. I am all broken up for you, you poor sorry sad thing.

I feel so badly for you sad sorry losers. The truth of the world is so hard on you.
Well stick to faith, ignore the facts and truth. That is what the good book tells you.

Stiff upper lip guy. Fiction does sometimes supersede the Facts.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Oh man thanks for this, you have just showed no knowledge whatsoever. Just what Army did Clinton create? The gay one? What technology are we using that Clinton approved? Look Clinton gutted the military and everyone knows this. What technolgies did Clinton cancel in his bid to balance the budget could we actually be using now?

This tells me that you have no leg to stand on, so I got the companies wrong on Nerve gas, but damn, not the whole picture of a Clinton Built military? Man are the Veterans of that time laughing hard

You're quite welcome for this. Yeah, they are laughing hard, at you, you just celebrated a victory of some sort with "knowledge" you do not have, Clinton gutted the military? Read this:

The United States has had two big demonstrations of American military power on George W. Bush's watch that have been spectacularly successful. The irony here is that Bush fought these wars with the military Bill Clinton bequeathed to him.

"A commander-in-chief leads the military built by those who came before him," then-vice presidential candidate Dick Cheney said during the 2000 campaign. "There is little that he or his defense secretary can do to improve the force they have to deploy. It is all the work of previous administrations. Decisions made today shape the force of tomorrow."

On this point he was certainly correct. Despite frequent Republican criticism during the 2000 presidential campaign of Clinton-era military deterioration, the force that was so successful in Afghanistan and Iraq -- while continuing to perform a myriad of tasks around the world on a daily basis -- was clearly quite capable. Republican assertions that the military was underfunded and overstretched and that readiness was poor were contradicted by those performances in Afghanistan and Iraq. Moreover, by Vice President Cheney's own standard, this force did not result from anything done by the current administration. The first Bush defense budget went into effect on Oct. 1, 2002, and none of the funds in that budget has yet had an impact on the quality of the men and women in the armed services, their readiness for combat, or the weapons they used to destroy Taliban or Iraqi forces.

www.ppionline.org...

I should be thanking you for proving conservatives are brainwashed followers that will believe anything the right-wing government says, so, thanks!

[edit on 23-10-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You really believe that #? Look I was in the military as are some of my friends still in it. Clinton GUTTED it bad, hardware fell into disrepair, forced retirements, early retirements, the addition of openly gay soldiers....

You make a mockery of a VERY serious issue.

If all is fair, it is still the Reagan military. What Clinton didnt cut or neglect is what we are using now for the most part..

Yeah Clinton was a pro-military president

Your funny.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

If all is fair, it is still the Reagan military. What Clinton didnt cut or neglect is what we are using now for the most part..

Yeah Clinton was a pro-military president

Your funny.

So you're saying Cheney is a liar? Hey we agree on something! But I don't think Cheney is lying in the above quote, a rare thing for this administration. You're immunity continues to amaze. I have presented logic, facts, and quotes from the very leaders you back, yet you still reject the truth. I know plenty of people in the military, and most of them no nothing of politics and where their orders generate, they're not trained for that. They're just commanded to support Bush, no questions asked. Are you really trying to suggest, in front of everybody on ATS, that our current technology stems from Reagan's administration?

Remember, Clinton wasn't soft, spanked Hussein with Desert Fox, and Succesfully carried out a regime change in Kosovo, removed a regime that was ACTUALLY commiting genocide at the time we acted, and I don't recall that country spiraling into horrific chaos like Iraq, hmmmm, succesful regime change=Clinton, or bloodier, costlier, far from winning the peace, anarchy creating, terrorist creating regime change=Bush. Who is the better wartime leader? Seems clear to any intelligent, free thinking individual. And after Kosovo, we were far more respected in the world, where as now we're feared and hated. How can anybody be so blind to the obvious?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
no worries 27jd there's no chance of turning someone who is so heavily indoctrinated with all this BS. Remember anyone who is left is anti-american and their views are absolutely wrong and don't count because they are treasonous traitors!

The US military budget has been on the downtread since 1987 as proportion of GDP from 6.1% in 87 to 4.8% in 92. So Reagan and Bush also were cutting the defence budget as well and are just as guilty as the Clinton Administration, who cut the budget from 4.8% in 92 to a low of 3% in 1999. Actually since the end of the Korean War there has always been a continuous trend in cutting defence spending with the notable exceptions of the Vietnam War and the early Reagan Administration (Pre-Gorbachev).

thanks,
drfunk

Nox

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Admitted Militia folk - Not even close, actually I am an electrical engineer from the 3rd ranked EE School in the United States. I dont have time to be in a militia, but I wouldnt rule it out in the future. You think I am some po-dunk Hillbilly I guess. Whatever. I am a Patriot and I believe in this country, not in the sense that you liberals do, "Give everything away, Slam God, Be Yellow in Foreign Policy".

I'm guessing Stanford.

The chances that you're in a liberal school like UC Berkeley are slim.

Liberals aren't necessarily anti-American. I think you're confusing Nationalism with Patriotism. They are different.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have just a few questions...

How is Kerry a "known traitor"? Because he said the Vietnam war was stupid when he got back? Wow, lotsa traitors who are only using their first amendment rights...

And what American Ideals are we left-wing nuts trying to destroy? Freedom of speech? Well, I see lots of people exercising it around here... No destroying of that. Freedom of religion? I see a few right-wingers trying to do that by reinstituting prayer in school, but... not too many big-time liberals trying to force religion down people's throats. Freedom of press? Oh, yeah, we're the ones who own the left-wing CNN
And, lets see, Washington advocated a policy of isolationism, didn't he? where we wouldn't get involved in other countries affairs? ... Hm, I see lots of liberals destroying that ideal. Oh, wait, no, those are conservatives again.

And as anyone else getting really, really tired of the laughy faces?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
EDSINGER you sound just like Hillary Clinton with your accusations or a VAST LEFT-WING CONSPIRACY!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

The Fox News Factor:Why The Left Is Targeting Bill O�Reilly

If anti-American leftists aren�t destroying Bush-Cheney campaign offices across the country or committing massive, Al Gore-style voter fraud, they�re wreaking havoc on the independent media, namely the Fox News Channel. Since Fox News has been a breath of fresh air to those of us who grew sick and tired of the pro-Democrat, leftist spin decades ago

Here is a shocker for you now hold onto the seat of your pants but O'Reilly recently said he would be voting for Kerry, he has known Kerry for a long time and said he is a true patriot and he is planning on voting for him. Plese don't faint, take deep breaths and throw some cold water on your face. So maybe it isn't the leftists doing this maybe OMG could it be the republicans going after him hoping to stop his followers from following. Or maybe the truth is just coming out about him!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join