It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon last night...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I was fortunate to have seen the full moon on the 28th and was wondering what that bright star was myself..

Stumbled upon this after a quick search:

stardate.org...

November 28
The full Moon, known as the Frost Moon, has two prominent companions tonight: the brilliant planet Jupiter, which is close to the upper left of the Moon in early evening, and the star Aldebaran, the “eye” of Taurus, the bull, to the right of the Moon.

Here's a recent YT upload that looks much like what my wife and I witnessed that evening

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Bigass dust cloud. I like that.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by twinsoulz23
If it was indeed Jupiter, wouldn't it have been in a different position as the night moved on, because Earth is constantly revolving and moving?

Nope, you have to wait more than 4 hours to see that. It's almost unnoticeable to naked eyes.

Did the moon looked like that?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

If it was indeed Jupiter, wouldn't it have been in a different position as the night moved on, because Earth is constantly revolving and moving?

Nope, you have to wait more than 4 hours to see that. It's almost unnoticeable to naked eyes.

Did the moon looked like that?

Yes that was the effect (I too was in Vegas and saw what the OP saw.) What I am not understanding is your comment that Jupiter is unnoticeable to the naked eye. Go outside, get a star-chart, use an app, a program, whatever and you will see Jupiter in all its glory and brightness. The only planet that rivals it, in terms of brightness is Venus.

ETA. Never mind. I believe I understand now what you are trying to say. Not that cannot see Jupiter, but rather you would have to sit and stare for a good number of hours to actually realize its apparent motion across the night sky.
edit on 30-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Exactly, so that begs the question, was it really planet Jupiter, or something else entirely...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Looked exactly like that...Wow I'm actually impressed now...

--1Luv

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ownbestenemy

Exactly, so that begs the question, was it really planet Jupiter, or something else entirely...
Outside of the obvious that we are on a conspiracy site, I am confident that what you saw and I saw is Jupiter.

edit on 30-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Did you miss the orbs in the upper right hand corner??

link   

edit on 30/11/2012 by clairvoyantrose because: Iphone double post

link   

edit on 30/11/2012 by clairvoyantrose because: Iphone double post

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by twinsoulz23

Then the halo is due to thin ice crystal clouds in high atmosphere, around 10 kilometers from ground.

I watched it last night. I am positive it was Jupiter you saw, well, that's what I saw: the moon, and Jupiter besides it, in the Taurus constellation.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by twinsoulz23

What you saw was a halo produced by light reflecting from ice crystals. Halos around the moon are not very common. I have seen one or two. The bright "star" you saw near the moon was definitely Jupiter. If you had had a telescope that allowed you to see both the moon and Jupiter simultaneously, you would have seen the moon very slowly change position relative to Jupiter, since the moon revolves around the earth from west to east. The apparent movement of the moon from east to west is due to earth's rotation. Whatever caused the "deep red hue" I can't say for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This will be probably the last moon we see.
Before it comes crashing down during a polar flip.
Or so I've been reading on some other threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join