It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon last night...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight
reply to post by twinsoulz23

Sarchasm....a dark cave..don't go in.

Haha thank you I kind of figured that on my own anyways.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

What I will say is that it definitely was more powerful than usual. I couldn't catch the eclipse but after spending some time with it, I didn't regret missing it at all. Luna was amazing by itself and seemed to carry a more "pinpoint" feel to it. Hard to describe but it felt more concentrated than usual and a bit of what I can only describe as "white hot".

I agree with you, the moon definetly felt very powerful last night. Like I said in the OP, it was mesmerizingly beautiful to my eyes, I couldn't stop staring at it, to the point where nearly an hour had passed before I finally decided to call it quits! There was definetly a presence of an energy that seemed to be emanating from the moon, however subtle. I also felt a pressure on my forehead as I continued to stare transfixed at the moon. I have heard theories here on ATS and elsewhere that sunlight affects our pineal glands (third eye chakras), if you believe in metaphysics it does make sense a little. Maybe the moon does as well, especially considering the fact that it reflects the sun's light. You never know, I mean anything is possible right?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It was the Micro Moon thingie: earthsky.org...

Next one is Jan 16, 2014.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

Object was Jupiter.

The moon has a ring around it sometimes. There's an old wive's tale that says when there's a halo or a ring around the moon it's going to storm soon.

Yes, I have heard about that before. Let's hope not!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Time to turn on the earthquake alert app on.

hahaha you think so? I have heard that ol' Luna affects tides and such, but never heard if she affects earthquakes and such...

...But then again, anything is possible!

--1Luv

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well, the general consensus so far is that the "aura" was caused by high-altitude ice crystals in the atmosphere reflecting the moonlight, and the mysterious object was indeed the planet Jupiter. Good work ATS
! Case-closed I guess. Thank you all for the quick and intelligent replies! At least we can agree it was stunningly beautiful nontheless!

--1Luv
edit on 30-11-2012 by twinsoulz23 because: Fix spelling error

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by twinsoulz23
I just had a realization, perhaps maybe that object was the ISS (International Space Station)?

Not sure .... but if you want any future references, just sign up for this mailing list.

NASAs Spot the Station will email you a little bit before the station passes over your assigned area.

Passes over my head usually around 5am.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The ISS is visible, but moves accross the sky at quite a high speed, so unlikely that the the bright spot was the ISS, i live in London, UK, the ISS literally takes seconds to pass over. I actually think the bright spot was jupiter, as i looked at the moon last night, and the bright spot was in a different position to the moon from the previous night.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Saw it in Boston last night. It was so amazing!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
the moon's looked really nice the last few nights. took this pic last night;

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Possibly almost all of us in the UK could have been treated to the same sight last night. Good god it was frosty. I expect we shall get treated again for a time tonight before any snow clouds roll in.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Also in Vegas here, and yeah that sucker was BRIGHT. Like I had to close my blinds because it was waking me up, bright.

I have been trying to quantify the change in sun brightness that I've observed in just the last few weeks to a month now. Vegas has always had a pretty hot Sun, but lately...holy damn. Like whiter, more pure, much much brighter outside. This would also affect the moon of course.

something to consider. Hard to quantify since it is a gradual (over the course of a few weeks) change, but I definitely can't sun-gaze for even a moment any more, even through heavy filters like welding glass.

edit: Forgot to add, it mesmerized me and my son (2 yr old) last night too. I walked by a window facing it on the West, and had him in my arms while I pointed to the moon. He went all, "Oooooohhh MOOOON" on it. Cute.
edit on 30-11-2012 by fourthmeal because: more to say

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your post.

I am flagging this so I can post some pics after work that I caught of the moon and Jupiter through my telescope. it will be interesting to see the reaction from ATS when I do so. I won't go into detail of what I captured until I post it later, but I can say we are being observed from what I can see and no not from here on earth

Peace and light, UT

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I believe the sun is growing brighter which in turn is causing the Moon to look brighter.

Also effecting the other planets.

I think it is happening NOW not millions of years away.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

February 2, 2011 - We weren’t the first to say the morphing Sun is starting to affect everything here on Earth and we won’t be the last. Here’s another interesting story from Space.com. “Clouds bright enough to see at night are not as hard to find as they once were. These so-called night-shining clouds are still rare — rare enough that Matthew DeLand, who has been studying them for 11 years, has seen them only once. But his odds are increasing. Mysterious clouds form between 50 and 53 miles (80 and 85 kilometers) up in the atmosphere, altitudes so high that they reflect light long after the sun has dropped below the horizon.

The Sun is slowly getting brighter and warmer; in seven billion years it will engulf Earth — but much sooner, in 1.1 billion years, the Sun will grow 11 percent brighter, raising average terrestrial temperatures to around 50 °C, causing oceans to evaporate; the solution: move Earth away from the Sun

www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com...
edit on 30-11-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by authortobe
just fyi, the ring around the moon is commonly referred to as a corona

second line

Funny you mentioned corona. I ended up seeing two moons last night after eight Coronas.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Strange you post this. I had a similar eerie experience with the moon at 6:45 a.m. on Nov 24/12, while I was driving to work.

Normal every day routine, same road I go down every time so I know where the moon sits when I'm driving. Usually the moon is to the left of me, (I'm bad with north south east west) I'm guessing to the south is where it usually is? But this time the moon was massive, slight orange tinge, and a huge aura around it. It was to the north this time and it NEVER has been in my year of taking the same route to work.

Has anybody noticed any strange happenings with the moon? Different places, slight auras, etc????

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The moon was beautiful last night, I took this picture on Wednesday night, in it you can see Jupiter:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

The sun is heating up because of the photon belt that our solar system is going through. It's all the plants, including ours and the moon.

The sun is transforming into the next type of star.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
reply to post by fourthmeal

The sun is heating up because of the photon belt that our solar system is going through. It's all the plants, including ours and the moon.

The sun is transforming into the next type of star.

Yep, that's exactly what I believe, except I tend not to call it a photon belt, more of a bigass dust cloud. "Daniel" explanation makes the most sense to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Saw it here in IA as well. I also saw the object and assumed it was a planet . I was in my car at the time but man I wish I had my camera. Would have made for a great pic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join