It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret to Iranian Drone Technology? Just Add Photoshop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The Secret to Iranian Drone Technology? Just Add Photoshop

www.theatlanticwire.com

Earlier this month, Iran's news agency provided visual evidence that its government had figured out to make a fancy new drone that could take off and land vertically. What they didn't tell us is that they used Photoshop to make it stop taking off from the roof of Japan's Chiba University, which built the aircraft and never had anything to do with Iran's alleged version of it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I was honestly expecting the Iranians had managed to produce a working drone (something the military could fret over.)

Apparently, not so.

... Here's actual visual evidence of the two images — the Iranian image is on the left, the Chiba University 2008 image is on the right — with the same building and everything... except for those windmill things:

The article goes on to list some other cases where the evidence was found to be less than 'wanting'

This isn't the first time Iran has been caught manipulating reality: Just last month their state news agency was caught passing off a scene from the disaster-thriller The Day After Tomorrow as a real scene of Hurricane Sandy's aftermath, and in 2008 the Iranian government released some doctored photos of a successful rocket launch. According to the Mehr news agency, the drone — whatever it does, or whether it even looks like the thing above — is scheduled to be unveiled for real in the coming weeks...

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I seen this coming. I am positive the U.S. is just playing along however. They know its a fake as well, but this kind of thing is great for business! Brainwash the masses that Iran is developing this tech, and the masses will even further support a war with Iran.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
oh iran, you so silly!
this reminds me of the iranian "flying saucer" www.abovetopsecret.com...
or their fancy new "flying boats" that could have very well come straight out of the 50's www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Most aviation new outlets caught onto this when the Iran released this, they also said its the first VTOL drone in the world. Serious? Nothing but another joke coming out of Iran, I hold news coming out of Iran at the same standard as The Onion.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
I seen this coming. I am positive the U.S. is just playing along however. They know its a fake as well, but this kind of thing is great for business! Brainwash the masses that Iran is developing this tech, and the masses will even further support a war with Iran.

Meanwhile you're the one bringing up a war.

Max maybe the "Drone" knocked off those windmill thingies during high speed testing?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This is the real drone.

Notice the advanced remote.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This isn't the first time Iran has been caught manipulating reality: Just last month their state news agency was caught passing off a scene from the disaster-thriller The Day After Tomorrow as a real scene of Hurricane Sandy's aftermath,

That is hilarious sorry, but it is.

Iran is treading on dangerous waters we know what happened to the last country that faked their "military capability".

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Meanwhile you're the one bringing up a war

Umm, is that frowned upon here? What is your point? I was simply making a point. Are you insinuating that I am warmongering?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I hold news coming out of Iran at the same standard as The Onion.

Even Worse......

Iranian News Agency Plagiarizes The Onion

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
Brainwash the masses that Iran is developing this tech, and the masses will even further support a war with Iran.

Do you really think after ALL the Wars we have had the last 20 years, The American Public WANTS war? The masses will support it, because Iran's parlor tricks prove they are developing technology?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Below is the actual photo of the Iranian Drone prototype.

(It's a guy named Larry who flaps his arms and goes "PPBBBLLLTTTT" with his mouth. Iran has ordered seven.)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Below is the actual photo of the Iranian Drone prototype.

That's nothing compared to the North Korean Advanced Robotics Division.

Check out the military exoskeletons in action:

- Lee

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

I read that was the Obama Administration during the Libyan consulate situation...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I read that was the Obama Administration during the Libyan consulate situation...

And here we were having a nice conversation before you had to go and steal my joke to put Obama in it.

Here comes the partisan mud...

- Lee

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I am not familiar with this case and the photos I saw were not from Iran.

Is there a better source for that photo as being presented by Iran as a photo of the drone?
Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just to add a Spin here,

Not many people would be in the know to what Iran has/hasn't got, so if they HAVE maybe they choose to act all weird and make themselves look stupid.

It makes eveyone laugh and pay out on them etc etc while they sit back knowing differently

Its not like people dont use these tactics for other purposes in life ie in Pubs people do it at pool and darts

new topics

top topics

join