It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Livestock falling ill in fracking regions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Livestock falling ill in fracking regions

In the midst of the domestic energy boom, livestock on farms near oil- and gas-drilling operations nationwide have been quietly falling sick and dying. While scientists have yet to isolate cause and effect, many suspect chemicals used in drilling and hydrofracking (or “fracking”) operations are poisoning animals through the air, water or soil.

Really?

Exposed livestock “are making their way into the food system, and it’s very worrisome to us,” Bamberger said. “They live in areas that have tested positive for air, water and soil contamination. Some of these chemicals could appear in milk and meat products made from these animals.”

Really? Then how about we stop this MADNESS!!!

As I see this just continue with little abandon, I wonder if it really is just time for the human race to go away for awhile. What good is heat and energy if there is nothing left to eat? Can we not stop this? Is this what really needs to be done right now? Just thought I would point this one out. Take care everyone and much love to you all.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novaroc
Really? Then how about we stop this MADNESS!!!

Its only madness when theres no profit.

I say those responsible for the fricking fracking should be made to eat the meat.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have a friend who owns land on the Tuscaloosa Trend. He fashions himself a conservationist, but once they started talking cha-ching, he was on board. I hear him and other landowners mocking people who are concerned about these issues and it both turns my stomach and makes my blood boil.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Novaroc

This is a really seriously deprived industry, imo.

S&F to bring this to the attention of everyone. I am at a loss for words.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Reply to post by Novaroc

Ya might be interested in long term data, fracking has been going on for 50 years. Interestingly, the negatives are only in focus now non-stop. That could be for many reasons, good or bad. I just believe knowledge is power and we all should look at data we agree with And that we disagree with. I can't give links atm, on non-smartphone mobile. But the data is out there with a search if you're interested in looking. Also, I'm speaking sort of in general. No bad assumptions about you are where I'm coming from! Knowledge IS power
Be well, ~ann

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
...and many animals are falling ill outside of fracking zones.

Even your own quotation admits that...:

...scientists have yet to isolate cause and effect

Then, as is conveniently and unambiguously admitted: there is no established connection between sick animals and the fracking as a cause. It reminds of the many years and research dollars trying to pin EMF "ill effects" on high-power tension lines, ill-effects from using microwave ovens, ill-effects from holding a cell phone up to your ear, etc, etc., etc.

Well, gee - there seems to be no problem anymore driving, walking, or living near a power line (and nobody want to lose their source of electricity). And have you reduced your use of your microwave oven - doubt it: too convenient and, um, nobody has been able to show anyone have gotten ill from it's use. Gotten rid of your cell phone? seriously doubt that one. In fact you probably have bought cell phones for all your kids and family members - who does NOT use a cell phone these days. Oh - but "they" say it can make you sick! So get rid of it. No? Hmmm... wonder why not?

The article, of course, immediately after saying that scientists have found no connection, IN THE SAME SENTENCE, than conveniently adds:

...many suspect chemicals used in drilling and hydrofracking (or “fracking”) operations are poisoning animals through the air, water or soil.

Ahhh - the elusive "they", cousins the "the many". WHO ARE THESE "many"? Couldn't it be equally declared that "many" do NOT suspect a connection. No - that would be too honest, too fair.

Look - don't flame me on this. I know people will be itching to jump all in my case about it. I'm not saying there is no connection. There very well MIGHT be. But we have no proof yet and even the highly educated, dedicated scientists ON THE SIDE OF A CONNECTION haven't established such a connection yet.

What I'm arguing against is jumping to conclusions, using all sorts of sensationalist, alarmist language, and especially the fallacies in logical argument ("they" say, "many" think, "...no connection, BUT").

This is simply meant to scare people, get them to react to a fictitious, unsubstantiated connection that nobody has established yet.

p.s. Dec 21, 2012 is coming in a few weeks! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

The views of the article writer are not of mine, I was just bringing it to this forum as a means to get people to start thinking more about this situation. Remember when the idea of microscopic organisms making people sick was labeled ludicrous? If fracking, and the chemicals used during, is not a problem and not causing the effects seen in these areas, what is? If this is natural phenomena causing this, then there is a much bigger problem that is facing us. Fracking is not a natural part of this Earth, therefore it should be treated with extreme prejudice. We are apart of the natural order of this planet, and should act accordingly.

Furthermore, as you are a member of ATS, you should be aware of many lies about practices and materials or foods that have been long debated as supposedly 'safe and harmless' that have been proven false. It all falls towards the MONEY. Make as much as you can until the sheep get too many to keep quiet.

As for your personal assumptions about my hypocrisy towards the use of debated tech, don't assume. That is ignorant and you should deny that way of thinking. No, I am not a technology denier. Much has changed for the better with it, as much has not. I try to only use as much as I need, and avoid as much as I can that I feel is unnecessary. Unfortunately at this stage of my life I have to live with using and abiding by alot of # I can't stand. I should just throw it all out and go, but I have people I love that I need to wake up, to be AWARE and SEE this for what it really is.

On a side note, I use the built-in microwave in my unit as a Faraday cage actually.

I also agree December 21 2012 is a big bunch of nonsense. Another notch in the predicted doomsday area.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Last year they were fracking right by my house, we heard the explosions and thought nothing of it, until our entire household started to become sick. A lady nearby started having seizures and so did her animals. It was crazy, they've since backed off this area, but I often wonder what became of that lady and her farm.

top topics

join