It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of a Coming False Flag Event? Forget FEMA - Think Department of the Interior!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hello Again ATS.

A strange twist occurred today while I was doing my usual daily rounds of government sites - trying to keep an eye on all those nifty little things that get passed while nobody is looking. As of today it's been one month and three days since the POTUS issues his last public Executive Order - so I've been keeping a close watch because we all know that EO's are now the preferred method of screwing the public over and for avoiding that nasty document we call the Constitution.

I did not find any new public EO today, but I did find this:

Source

I've left that one part, "National Capitol Region mutual aid agreement highlighted for a reason. That reason is because Googling it led me to this:

110th CONGRESS
1st Session

S. 1245
To reform mutual aid agreements for the National Capital Region.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
April 26, 2007
Mr. CARDIN (for himself, Ms. MIKULSKI, and Mr. WARNER) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs

A BILL
To reform mutual aid agreements for the National Capital Region.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. REFORM OF MUTUAL AID AGREEMENTS FOR THE NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION.

Section 7302 of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (42 U.S.C. 5196 note) is amended--
(1) in subsection (a)--
(A) in paragraph (4), by striking `, including its agents or authorized volunteers,'; and
(B) in paragraph (5), by striking `or town' and all that follows and inserting `town, or other governmental agency, governmental authority, or governmental institution with the power to sue or be sued in its own name, within the National Capital Region.';
(2) in subsection (b)(1), in the matter preceding subparagraph (A), by striking `, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, and any other governmental agency or authority'; and
(3) in subsection (d), by striking `or employees' each place that term appears and inserting `, employees, or agents'.
END

Source

It is an anti terrorism bill, with broad sweeping implications that was passed by the 110th Congress, a link to the information is here.

Given the recent focus upon domestic terrorism and cybersecurity that seems to have been the sole focus of the Executive Branch these days - this particular Presidential Memoranda makes me very, very nervous. Especially the inclusion of the term "National Special Security Events ( NSSE ).

About these the United States Secret Service says the following:

Why this quiet, renewed update, now, of such old legislation? Why a clarification today? Could this be the signal of an upcoming false flag event or expected terrorist attack?

Is this a portent of things to come?

And why direct this much apparently implied power to the Secretary of the Interior?

A bit about him:

Ken Salazar, a fifth-generation Coloradan, was confirmed as the 50th secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior on Jan. 20, 2009, in a unanimous vote by the U.S. Senate.

Prior to his confirmation, Salazar served as Colorado's 35th U.S. senator, winning election in November 2004 and serving on the Finance Committee, which oversees the nation's tax, trade, social-security, and health-care systems. He also served on the Agriculture, Energy and Natural Resources, Ethics, Veterans Affairs and Aging Committees.

He also exercised a leadership role in championing a new defense and foreign policy that restores American security and influence around the world and pressed for a change in mission in Iraq to better advance America's national security interests. Salazar worked to strengthen our military to ensure that we are able to confront emerging threats.

From 1999 to 2004, Salazar served as Colorado's thirty-sixth Attorney General, winning statewide elections in 1998 and 2002. He chaired the Conference of Western Attorneys General and received the Profiles in Courage award from his fellow state attorneys general for his dedication to preserving and promoting the rule of law.

As Colorado’s attorney general, Salazar led efforts to make communities safer, fight crime, strengthen the state's sex offender laws, address youth and family violence, enhance and enforce Colorado's consumer protection laws, combat fraud against the elderly, and protect Colorado's environment. He established the first-ever Colorado Attorney General Fugitive Prosecutions Unit to apprehend and prosecute fugitive murderers, the first-ever Attorney General Gang Prosecution Unit, and an Environmental Crimes Unit.

From the above Department of the Interior link

His Wiki for further reference.

Whose pocket is this man in, I wonder?

Normally ATS, I have a pretty good intuitive process and can put together the pieces on my own. But this? This simply smells funny to me. I can't see the pattern here... but I am positive that one exists - and that it is NOT a good thing.

From what I can gather this all has to do specifically with the National Capitol Region in specific wording. Small area, to be sure... but one that houses every institution of Government we've got. Control of THAT... Well that's basically handing the whole nation over.

I can't put it all together - but I honestly think that even a fishmonger, at work, in the height of summer would research this and say "Wow, what's that smell. Something stinks here...."

This is all attached to 42 USC § 5196 - The laws pertaining to continuity of government, emergency powers, and general response to nuclear or terrorist attack. It's the Rosetta stone of laws regarding the topics we discuss on ATS. And here we are, with a renewed update to it.

Help me out on this one folks. Is my gut feeling that this could be a preemptive measure in a major false flag operation, or a sign of a feared or impending attack - a lucid and cogent one?

This is some very, very scary stuff folks. Often these types of things pass and prove to be nothing. I pray that is the case this time. But given the economy, the Israel/Iran situation, the obsession with controlling cyberspace of recent, and the revisions to law regarding the definition of "domestic terrorist" - among other issues....

Let's just say I hope my gut is wrong this time. The implications of my instincts being right, in this case, are profoundly disturbing.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Flagging this to read it after homework. I'll comment more once I've read over it, but it looks interesting!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My first guess is that it has something to do with the fact that the Department of Interior is sometimes known as "The Department of Everything Else." To wit:

DOI History from U.S. Department of the Interior Website

In 1789 Congress created three Executive Departments: Foreign Affairs (later in the same year renamed State), Treasury, and War. It also provided for an Attorney General and a Postmaster General. Domestic matters were apportioned by Congress among these departments.

The idea of setting up a separate department to handle domestic matters was put forward on numerous occasions. It wasn't until March 3, 1849, the last day of the 30th Congress, that a bill was passed to create the Department of the Interior to take charge of the Nation's internal affairs. The Department of Everything Else: Highlights of Interior History...

U.S. Department of the Interior: The Department of Everything Else
Even though I arrived at the Department of the Interior with a background of 20 years on the Interior Committee in the House of Representatives, I quickly discovered that this Department has more nooks and crannies than any Victorian mansion or colonial maze. Fortunately, my predecessor, Secretary Don Hodel, had come to realize that many new employees--I'm not sure he had Secretaries in mind--could profit from a good orientation to the Department and its many responsibilities.

--Manuel Lujan, Jr.
Secretary of the Interior, 1989-1993

My gut feeling is that that's all it is. DOI sort of gets tasked with everything that doesn't fit in within the other 3? 4? Executive Departments....

edit on 11/29/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It could be putting in place some legislation for recreational use of marijuana in Colorado
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The link you provided says Cardin introduced the bill in 2007? Yet it wasn't OK'd unti 11/28/2012? Is that correct?

ETA:
Ok, the first link you sourced shows the amendments made by Cardin & Mikukski, both of whom have been in congress just about forever.

Mutual aid means one law enforcement agency helps out another. The agency doing the helping usually doesn't have jurisdiction to act in the other's area. The exception to this is during an emergency, which is the NSSE you describe above, I believe.

For example, if there was a major NSSE in DC, the agencies in charge of the area where the emergency is occurring could be overwhelmed. Mutual aid allows them to request help from Maryland, for example.

This is pretty common on the municipal and county govt. level. It is common between law enforcement agencies AND fire or EMS depts.

I dunno, I'm just trying to figure out why Cardin and Mikulski care about this to begin with. I might be on the wrong track.
edit on 11/30/2012 by TheOtter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOtter

My concern is that this legislation, while appearing to simply address the issues of succession and emergency management - also, by proxy, enables the Executive branch to totally usurp the Judicial and Legislative branches.

After years of reading about what folks believe FEMA can and cannot do... I believe this legislation and this Department to be the actual power capable of the sorts of power grabs ATS tends to attribute to FEMA.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

This seems like such a great thread, but it was so poorly written. Hasn't anyone ever heard of an INTRODUCTION?

In a few sentences, what exactly are you trying to say? There are so many false flags going on nowadays.

What the hell are you talking about. What do you think this recent White House blurb means for us, the idiot 99?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPAauditor
reply to post by Hefficide

This seems like such a great thread, but it was so poorly written. Hasn't anyone ever heard of an INTRODUCTION?

In a few sentences, what exactly are you trying to say? There are so many false flags going on nowadays.

What the hell are you talking about. What do you think this recent White House blurb means for us, the idiot 99?

I'm sure it is a bill that will ensure that if a security issue comes up, there will be more people to act, as other agencies can lend a hand so to speak. But I could be wrong. It happens from time to time.

I can't believe you dissed a mod.....Good luck with that, I hope your just having a bad day, Heff is a very respected member of this site...prepare to get flamed my friend

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

My concern is that this legislation, while appearing to simply address the issues of succession and emergency management - also, by proxy, enables the Executive branch to totally usurp the Judicial and Legislative branches.

After years of reading about what folks believe FEMA can and cannot do... I believe this legislation and this Department to be the actual power capable of the sorts of power grabs ATS tends to attribute to FEMA.

~Heff

You know, Heff, I think that the government bureaucracy that surrounds the major events you described is so thick that it conceals exactly WHO is in charge here! You certainly have a point. I almost wish I had paid more attention in all of the online FEMA first responder courses I had to take... Ok, actually the fire department where I volunteered posted all of the test answers in the station information binder... But I learned on the fly by going to fires, rescues etc.!

I admit I do not know much about the nebulous Department of the Interior. I will have to do some background reading. Thanks for bringing the topic up. Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I'm thinking it's probably over simplistic, but in the biggger view obviously it's who has the gold that makes the rules. (and buys the votes) Now who would that be...??? hmmmm

edit on 3-12-2012 by Tecumte because: (no reason given)

top topics

join