It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio sinkhole grows to football field size overnight!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I only live about 20 miles from the sinkhole, I went and checked it out prior to seeing this thread and it was pretty cool. Extremely massive and I was a little close for comfort for my tastes. I haven't really been following the whole sinkhole phenomena but it does seem like they are growing in numbers.. Perhaps it is just the media sensationalizing them like everything else.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Did you get any pics?

Cool that you got to see it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
No :/

Perhaps I'll try and head out that way and get a few for everyone. It looked like a giant mud puddle to be perfectly honest. There was a distinct/pronounced dropoff from normal ground level though.

My first thoughts went to fracking since it has become MASSIVELY prevalent in this area over the last year or so. They started seismic testing over the summer, and just started building refineries in the area. It is changing the face of the towns around here. A lot of small towns/rural areas are being flipped upside down. There has been a massive influx of workers, tons of lawsuits between companies like Chesapeake and homeowners over land, mineral rights, and seismic testing.

I'm pretty certain all this fracking in combination with the mysterious sounds people have heard over the past year or two are going to lead up to something catastrophic on the New Madrid Fault Line. Seismic activity has increased in the area over the past decade as well.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join