It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio sinkhole grows to football field size overnight!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

You forgot #3 - Idiots with big tractors make mistake and drain a pond into soft ground!

(But I will say my first thoughts were the New Madrid also.)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My question is who call the police saying the ground has shifted? I would be like-OMG there is a huge hole opening up in the ground-ahhhh.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I've heard the talk of all the underground bunkers/cities or what have you for the "elite" in case of disaster, and also heard talk they are all being destroyed leaving the "elites" nowhere to go. Then there is whole earth changes factor, fracking. Sometimes sink holes just happen but we're all wired for 2012 and craziness, getting ourselves all excited over everything. Looking at common tragedies through more paranoid lenses. The global real-time connectivity we're all sharing with the internet makes it all that much more immediate and momentous feeling. This one doesn't spook me as much as that crazy bottomless hole that appeared in Mexico or Brazil or.. somewhere down there a few years ago. I know one thing for sure - if I lived anywhere near that sinker in Ohio I'd be getting way out of that neighborhood. Getting swallowed up by the Earth like that makes getting struck by lightning seem almost pedestrian.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Since you already got your map thingy handy there.. can you draw a line from this sinkhole to the other one?

I've heard some information before about how sometimes you get clusters of salt basins etc and one may lead to another. It's just a hunch/curiosity i have.

I appreciate it in advance

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'm starting to notice a pattern to this but it is too early to tell what is going on. Maybe it is also related to the lowering of the water levels of the great lakes. The weight of that water is a factor in things, if it dissapears it could cause problems. Especially Lake superior, if that weight is lessened it could destabilize the region. By itself these weights aren't critical but when you add everything up including the fracking, it could pose a problem along that fault line. Mankind always goes overboard on things and finds out after he has messed up royally what they have done. I think the whole picture should be evaluated, we need to look at things better as a whole. And do something about it other than talk.

with the salt mines under the great lakes i wonder how long it will be until they collapse.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think the earth is slowly changing. A lot of people are destroying earth with materialistic stuff, such as buildings, homes, retail, etc. and animals can't find anywhere to live. Maybe Mother Nature is finally trying to fix earth. That or it might be the solar cycles that's happening on other planets as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I knew someone was going to post this. I saw it on Facebook and said to myself, "There's going to be a thread on this."

ATS is predictable.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I think they store a lot of dangerous stuff in those salt mines in the Detroit area. Including Nuclear waste. If there was ever an earthquake, Lake Michigan could rush into those mines. I am not sure of all the specifics of this but do know that the people there don't think there is any risk. There is risk in everything, Odds are used to assess risk. I do not know what the odds are, the head people just say that it is safe. Hopefully it is safer than that one in Louisiana.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

ATS is predictable, Everyone here knows that. Here comes Phage

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ReleaseThePressure

Lord have mercy you ask so much from someone on an IPad,

This is the best I got,

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

We otta fill it up with some good ole American bill#. We got plenty of that to go around.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Predictable indeed.

I was derailing another thread about the LA sinkhole so I brought It here instead.

edit on 30-11-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The epanding earht theory may not be too far from the mark........
I woder if the line " would extend out to sea as well, connecting the still spewing BP disaster with the Bayou Corme sinkhole?
The east coast is definately NOT the place to be right now....
Its a good chance these are all connected in some way......but the search for causation hasnt recognized the size of the events or their conectivity.
Haarp like instruments the oil industry uses, could be used to gather a better picture of the subsurface topography, i cannot see why they do not have better information by now.....
Or they are just waffling and really dont want to alarm people.........a distinct possibility these days......

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BishopNGreen
I am not trying to fear monger or be an alarmist, but drawing a line from Dover, Oh to Bayou Corne, La makes for an interesting map. The line passes through the New Madrid fault zone. Then you may want to check the future maps of the U.S. Navy and Edgar Cayce. A little stronger than my usual cup of tea in the morning...

Ohio has been having earthquakes all year also along with other states.

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

Ohio Earthquake Likely Caused by Fracking Wastewater

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Has my conspiracy mind run wild, or does the sinkhole line above sort of follow the TN sinkholes?

web.eecs.utk.edu...
edit on 30-11-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by rickymouse

We otta fill it up with some good ole American bill#. We got plenty of that to go around.

But then our congress wouldn't have enough to operate - WAIT, maybe that would be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Wow, it does appear to line up at least by rough eyeballing.

Very interesting....and a little unnerving.

Good connection there....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just trying to get a grip on why so many sinkholes are forming now. I believe we have went past the safe amount we can pump out of our aquifers.
It's been month by month the sinkholes forming in America, mostly North America. But the number is staggering. Everywhere it's happening though. China's had their share, around the Dead Sea their popping up ...er down .... everywhere.
edit on 30-11-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I wonder if this has been an underlying problem that has been slowly occurring over millennia and it is now being exacerbated by the increasing amount of fracking. Perhaps, if you wanna go full tinfoil hat, you can postulate that TPTB are intentionally reeking havoc inorder to hasten certain aspects of population control. This is purely speculation and thought-provocation. If the New Madrid fault is too old and stuck in its ways, someone might think kick starting it is a brilliant idea.

Do salt domes underpin the entire Mississippi River Valley and the New Madrid Zone? Correlate this with dropping water levels of the Great Lakes and all you need is the right amount of strategically placed, man-made earthquakes before Iowa is prime beachfront real estate.

I have more faith in mankind than this post conveys but we humans have ways of rising to the top that are far exceeded by our terminal velocity races to the very bottom.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I think you're right on the mark with including the Tennessee sink holes. Well spotted. Howsabout the other states that fall under the Bayou Corne, LA to Dover, OH line, are they seeing increases of sink holes too?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join